• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I don't think Synchronous meant that they were expensive, but that they're greedy and always looking for money.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Bigamy is the act or condition of a person marrying another person while still being lawfully married to another spouse. It is illegal in the United States. The crime is punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both, according to the law of the individual state and the circumstances of the offense

Many US courts (e.g. Turner v. S., 212 Miss. 590, 55 So.2d 228) treat bigamy as a strict liability crime: in some jurisdictions a person can be convicted of a felony even if reasonably certain there was only one legal spouse. For example, if a person has the mistaken belief that their previous spouse is dead or that their divorce is final, they can still be convicted of bigamy if they marry a new person

In Canada all provinces adhere to the federal Criminal Code of Canada, which makes polygamy an offense and punishable by up to five years in prison.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Oh, marriage. One of the most contoversial topics in today's world.
    And that one occasion where people spend a lot more money than what's needed.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

The fact that marriage has more to do with economy and legality than anything else nowadays makes things very complicated.

I wish it could be as easy as everyone just getting to do or love what they want, as long as the feelings of everyone involved are taken into consideration.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Well...this couple who was against gay marriage in Parks and Recreation (the married couple in this case were two...Turtles...Raccoons...I don't remember) said something that stuck with me. It was obviously meant to be an exaggerated caricature of anti-gay marriage activists. The quote was, "When gay people get married, it ruins marriage for the rest of us."

And I thought about that. It's silly, but it does paint a not-so-pretty picture of why people want to get involved in other peoples' arrangements that, ultimately, have nothing to do with and will never have anything to do with themselves. They have views, and those views should apply to everyone because of whatever beliefs. "Your lifestyle is disgusting and I shouldn't have to see it. The world would be better without it."

Essentially.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back