• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

re: anime recs., there's Natsume Yuujinchou and Mushishi if you haven't seen either. (If you've seen one, then you'll probably like the other.) Though, knowing your preferred genres and maybe what you have seen would help, too XD

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years

Mushishi is some good trippy stuff for anyone, especially the casual watcher. I love its Japanese folklore and simple short stories. :3

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I'm just watching all the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies out of order at the moment

I have yet to see Captain America: The First Avenger, yet I've seen The Winter Soldier

Have yet to see Iron Man III (Although I just spoiled it for myself...oh well)
    Spoiler:

Seen The Incredible Hulk

Gonna watch both Thor movies tonight

um....

221730?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

There's much shield-throwing and not enough gratuitous butt-shots of Scarlet Johansen or whatever

Years

Yay someone else who saw Winter Soldier but didn't see the first Captain America!

The Thor, Iron Man, and most X-Men movies are by far my favorites of the Marvel ones. Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty fun, too; it reminded me a bit of Firefly XD

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

From what I've read about CA:TFA

It's all one 2 hour long flashback

Captain America doesn't use swords

He uses guns, fists and his SHIELD

and often his head

as weapons

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Spoiler:

What do you mean I did badly on character limits?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Um...have you ever been hit by a thick metal shield thrown by someone with enhanced strength?

No?

Ever been hit in the stomach by a tire swing?

Same thing

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Really? Then how the heck is that a viable weapon?

And that thing it pretty thin, it seems like it'd make for a good Destructo Disk Alternative. In that case, it's Grade A Weaponry, except he actually uses it.

Never read Captain America so I'm not 100% on how his shield works, exactly.

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

It's made out of Vibranium, a rare nearly indestructible metal that can cut through any other metal known to man and it deadens sound

Also, Colossus, from X-Men, reverts to his human form when confronted with a vibranium weapon

The walls of the Avengers Tower, both interior and exterior are made of vibranium-infused concrete

Not sure how it stacks up against Adamantium though

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

This is Marvel

Where all the Superheroes rarely kill anyone, they just knock them unconscious and toss them in jail, where they break out 15 seconds later and it all begins again

I swear, look at any villain death; odds are it was caused by an explosion or some other convient accident that leaves the heroes hands clean

Also saw Thor last night
    Stopped watching the Dark World because there weren't any captions for the Dark Elves, and I felt I was missing a lot of crucial information

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back