• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

I grew up with early 2000s games and I've never had the money to buy new ones

I'm sure other RPGs have their own unique charm (heck, I ran into five people in a row that played Bravely Default, which is an accomplishment on Streetpass)

So I'm a tad biased towards older games

Yukari

I know that I don't take the time to do a lot of things.

Or I just straight up forget, like how I often forget to actually post the number.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
As far as I know, it's not against the rules to post this SigReason code outside of signatures. Also, if it is against the rules, why make it use separate code? Why not just allow it to call a subroutine that allows only the MOD to change the text?

Removed SigReason code as it's not allowed.

Last edited:
Years
224201. A specific instance like that is covered in-theory in the "Do not use this for decoration." sentence generated with the sig-reason BBCode itself. I don't have the time to try to dig up precedent on that right now, though.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016

That particular SigReason was a demonstration, but I'll remove it for you if you want me to.

So basically, despite it not being allowed for decoration, staff still make the code formatted in a way that allows everyone to change it? Why not just have a subroutine that links the SigReason code to a specific message? It'll be hard to change it to whatever a normal member wants then. Even better, make it set a flag when it is removed so it can test if a rule is still broken at the time of it's removal (or any time after that), so it can just reappear again like it was never edited out at all. Or just have pre-set messages that check for a violation in a rule and then type that, and add anything if more than one rule is broken. If it was like that, it'd made the jobs easier for the higher ups. As for punishments, if it was like what I just said, it could automatically inform a higher-up if that message appears a certain amount of times or higher, which could also be managed via flags. Isn't having that tag readily available to edit (partly) for members daring them to break the rules?

But most important of all: if it's specifically for signatures, why have it still work properly on posts, VMs, PMs, any text-generating device on here that isn't signatures? Just setting a flag and having it referenced to check for a value would surely be enough to prevent the SigReason code from being put anywhere else. If it can be posted anywhere else, does that actually make it a SigReason label?

I know it's an annoying amount of questions, but the answer for them would be interesting to know, so if any of you or the other mods/higher ups could answer, I'd appreciate it.

Just in case anyone's going to challenge my programming knowledge, however, despite me not having the best programming knowledge (in fact, nowhere near), I definitely don't have the worst, and I know enough about these things to know what does what.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Well, that's another Pokemon fanfic I can cross off my list

Remarkably realistic, with law enforcement actually using guns against criminals as well as pokemon

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Still wary about killing them, since Pokémon without trainers can be dangerous

Pokémon are fiercely protective of them, after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back