• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Special Person

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Not necessarily someone that you love, but a friend, or possibly boy/girlfriend, that is always there for you, encouraging you, giving you advice, and just being that one person that stands behind, and supports you throughout your life.

Do you have someone like that?

Spoiler:

Years
    Yes, I do have somebody like that.

This person has stayed by my side for near enough three years now, he is my boyfriend.

He's smart, witty, kind, understanding, great to talk to...I can list all his amazing qualities but I'd be here all day typing this up. He's there for me when I need a bit of an encouragement boost, as I am for him. We help each other constantly and that's one of many aspects that exist for why our relationship is so strong.

What never stops feeling amazing to me is that he is the first person I think about when I wake up in the morning and the last I ever do when I go to sleep at night. As corny as it sounds, it's how I've felt practically every single day since we first got to know each other.

He is a blessing in my life, that's all I can put into words at the moment.

Years
    Well, I don't have a typical 'special person' as I don't have a girlfriend andIwouldliketokeepitthatwayforawhile but I do have a handful of really good friends that I would give my life for. One of them is on this site.

As all good friends should, they give me advice, help me if I need it or console me if something has happened; even if that is a rare thing, since I don't like to show emotion.

Who needs a loved one when you have such awesome friends. :3​

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well theres my ex, I'm pretty sure she doesn't know that I still like her, but we're (or should I say we were) pretty close. But in any case, she was the closest person to me and hopefully she still is :I

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I do have some amazing friends, both in real life and online. But the person that is really special to me is a guy named Justin. We've been friends since last year. He's always there for me, and is always by my side, even when we're far apart. I'm just glad I have a friend like him who cares about me.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Parents are there to support me during the trials and tribulations of school...

... but that's about it D: No one might ever be as special as I'd wish for a good while. Maybe until college.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My hot wonderful fabulous sexy pairs are also my best friends. I can talk to them about anything and everything and I know they've always got my back. And I love them both very much! :) /goes away to brush Larry's hair

Aspear

*pucker*
    Years
    Yes. I wish he was my boyfriend, but he's moving to Japan in a few years to seek out his own calling in life, so although we both know and feel, neither of us say anything. Maybe it's for the best.

He actually saved my life in a way, though. During a lapse in our friendship when he was studying abroad, I wound up in an abusive relationship with someone who turned out to be a bona fide sociopath. I was ashamed of what was going on, and terrified, so I told no one. By the time I was aware of the fact that my relationship was truly abusive (i.e. the physical stuff started), my ex had subtly done such a number on my self-esteem, social support, and general frame of mind that I couldn't bring myself to leave and stay away. For a full year, things went downhill, with me eventually becoming suicidal.

Clearly, though, I didn't wind up carrying it out. I found an old letter my friend had written to me buried beneath a bunch of junk on my desk. One of the more sentimental ones, I guess you'd say. It was like a window back to better times and better feelings, a window to truth, opened up--that everything being shoved down my throat and everything being done to me was no longer my fault, and I could leave. I left that night and never looked back, though it took months to fully get my nutcase ex out of my life and even longer to heal.

Of all the things to truly reach me, though... words on paper.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    Yes, I do. My boyfriend. He's one of the sweetest guys I have ever known. And I love being around him. He turned my world upside down and I can't see my life without him. We can talk for hours about nothing, its hard to explain.. He was one of my best friends before we started going out so we were close and we are getting closer still. He always seems to be able to make me laugh even if I'm sad.

Another special someone(s) to me are my good friends. I love them as if they are my family. They wouldn't do anything to hurt me and I wouldn't hurt them.

Years
    I have my best friend, Matt. Honestly he's probably the friend I've kept in constant contact with the longest. I've had trouble keeping friends due to moving around so much, but even on the Internet I'm better at it but still not the best with keeping in touch with people. Matt, though, is way too awesome to drop out of touch with. :) He's the kind of person where I might not talk with him for weeks but one of us will eventually go out of our way to talk with each other, and it's always fun when we do.

Out of all the friends I've had, I think he's the only one that I could feel comfortable telling him anything and everything, and he feels the same way. I can truly trust him, and usually I'm pretty paranoid. I just... I don't know where I'd be without him.

Also, he makes for a fun pen pal. :D I love getting his letters! I'm just bad about replying to them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I have many people like that, actually... my pairs Kei and Dev, my boyfriend Ian, my buddies Jared and Shawn, my friends Kelsey and Jamilla and Janyesha. Every one of them has a special part in my life. They don't all play the same role- what I can talk to Shawn about differs greatly to what I can talk to Kelsey about- but they're all there for me and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I only have one significant person that I feel is my special person and that person is my boyfriend of 7.5 months. I am so glad that he is with me and he is the best person ever in my opinion. I dont want to go on hours about him because I can

:t354:TG

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
    My husband. In a few short years we have gone through so much turmoil and drama. My life got turned upside-down when I left home to be with him and he does his best to support me in every way possible. He supports us financially, but he also tries so hard to be understanding and accept me as I am.

One thing that sticks out to me most is when I told him I'm childfree. He had initially said he wanted kids and I told him there was just no way. At first this really upset him, but then he started to see where I was coming from and he took me in to get my surgery. He stood up for me when my family put me down for what I had done and he stood by me when his family tried to convince him we should get a divorce. We're military and we have been through it all. He's gone half the time, but even when he's away he does whatever he can to be there for me as much as possible. He really makes me mad sometimes, but in the end he's the best thing to ever happen to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Not really. No one like that.
    But I count my bro as someone like that, so I guess yeah...

It kinda makes me sad...

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    my bff krishna (loxius) :D
    we've been close since '08 and i know i can always go to him for any reason :]
    even though he's not very serious and trolls me quite a lot, he's still there for me and cheers me up ^-^

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Yes, my good friend that we call my cousin. But he's almost like my brother.

He's helped me through the think and thin, even though he's miles away. We grew up together and even though we may not seem like we like each other very much, you can't really keep us apart.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't have a person like that anymore. I was in a relationship with someone for a year and about two weeks, but our relationship ended because of reasons I consider to be things she should have taken into consideration at the beginning of our relationship. Oh well… I'm handling it a lot better than some other people who have gone through breakups.

I have friends and whatnot, but to me, while it's nice, it's not really the same. I mean, I'm really close to two people in particular these days, and they both fulfill the description that you've given in your original post to me. But my ex was definitely the person who was closest to me, and at times, we still talk and all. She doesn't want things to change, but it's really hard for me to just sit there and watch things change so dramatically. I can't grin and bear it. But like I said, I'm handling it a lot better than some other people who have gone through breakups, and I don't experience much pain anymore.

Now I'm rambling. Oh well!

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Spoiler:

He's old and scruffy and aggravates the crap out of me sometimes but I wouldn't trade him for a Zonda.

Back