• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"That's kawaii!" "Huh?"

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    "Aaaw, look at that kawaii neko-channnn~"

"That's kawaii!" "Huh?"

Really, yeah.. it annoys me.

At the same time, I feel like I can't totally trash it, because when my friends and I were 12 we thought it was awesome that we knew three of words of Japanese. And we abused those words like you wouldn't believe. I've found that it's usually the younger anime fans who use words like that, and they all grow out of it. I have yet to see anyone who's over the age of 18 talk like that.

On occasion I say 'onegai' and 'kawaii', but it's used in a way that makes fun of it. For the lulz.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    There is nothing more irritating to me than people who like to incorporate broken Japanese into their dialect, just to seem "cute." Online or offline, it makes me want to set them on fire.

I sometimes talk in Spanglish, but that's only when I'm out in public with friends/family, and I don't want other people listening in.

Years
    I know people who like to say "nani"? But that's the extent of it. It's unnecessary, but mostly bearable. I do find myself guilty of saying "yosh" from time to time, but that's only because there's not really a word in the English language that conveys the same meaning.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    I randomly interject words into conversations, normally it's to confuse people et... comment dit-on..? Oh yeah, to make me sound more odd or enigmatic.. I really don't care. But it really depends on the situation. (If it's cute little teddy bears, I'd say 'Awww, that's cute!!!' but if it's cute little anime, then I'd say 'KAWAIIIIIIII'.)

However, if there is a word that's shorter in another language, most of the time, I will use that word. For example, the Japanese word (and I'm not sure of this, I got this from TVTropes) for a girl/boy who is crazy for love would be Yandere (crazy-sweet). It's a lot easier to say "Yandere" than "A girl/boy who is batshit-insane for (her/his) love".

And most of the time, I will say random things when I say goodbye, and my favorite way of saying goodbye would be 'ciao'.

Back