• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the にほん/ご / japanese fanclub ^.^

what do you like better, kanji, katakana, or hiragana?

• かんじ/kanji

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • カタカナ/katakana

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • ひらがな/hiragana

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • why the hell do they need three alphabets? >_>

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • they have a different alphabet than us O.O;

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • there are three japanese languages?

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • i dunno, i like em all n_n

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Konnichiwa! May I join? I'm currently teaching myself Nihongo and I've memorized two Nihongo Poketto Monsutaa songs, Pokemon Getto da ze and Ok! I'm really good at reading katakana, medium at hiragana and beginning to scale the high wall of kanji. I used to write some kanji over and over. I know a lot of kanji right now though
    love, child, flower, day, night, sun, moon, Japanese language, strength, rain, tree, forest, river, water, fire, point, I, mouth, princess, dog, ocean, land, beach and valley. That's all I can remember now.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    shinjitsu to yume wa ichi. XD im at the schools com, so this one doesnt get japanese font now >.< ill tell you all where to get it if you want..

Hrm... I think it might make more sense to the Japanese if you were to say "Shinjitsu to yume wa onaji." Literally, it means "Truth (or in this context, reality) and dreams are the same." Y'see, "ichi" means "one" in Japanese, but only in the numerical sense. They don't have a pronoun "one," like we do, or at least, not using the same word.

Take Yamichi's name for example. As it is now, his name could be a slangy way of saying "number 1 darkness," although if he was really going for that definition he'd make it "Yamichiban." But if he wants it to be interpreted as "Dark one," where "one" means a single person, he'd have to make it either "Yami-jin" or "Yami-bito." I didn't want to say anything about his at first, for two reasons. The first is that, regardless of any grammatical flaws it might have, anno namae wa totemo kakkoi yo (that name is really cool!) And the second is that once I start nitpicking at things like that, people tend to dislike me. :( I just decided to say something since I saw two people make the same mistake. gomen ne, minna! m-_-m (Sorry, guys! *bows humbly*)

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Shuko said:
    Hrm... I think it might make more sense to the Japanese if you were to say "Shinjitsu to yume wa onaji." Literally, it means "Truth (or in this context, reality) and dreams are the same." Y'see, "ichi" means "one" in Japanese, but only in the numerical sense. They don't have a pronoun "one," like we do, or at least, not using the same word.

Take Yamichi's name for example. As it is now, his name could be a slangy way of saying "number 1 darkness," although if he was really going for that definition he'd make it "Yamichiban." But if he wants it to be interpreted as "Dark one," where "one" means a single person, he'd have to make it either "Yami-jin" or "Yami-bito." I didn't want to say anything about his at first, for two reasons. The first is that, regardless of any grammatical flaws it might have, anno namae wa totemo kakkoi yo (that name is really cool!) And the second is that once I start nitpicking at things like that, people tend to dislike me. :( I just decided to say something since I saw two people make the same mistake. gomen ne, minna! m-_-m (Sorry, guys! *bows humbly*)

lol, is okay. I thought of that name ages ago like I said, when I hardly knew any japanese words, let alone grammer. XD So, meh, I don't mind. :)

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Yamichi said:
    lol, is okay. I thought of that name ages ago like I said, when I hardly knew any japanese words, let alone grammer. XD So, meh, I don't mind. :)

^_^; Yokatta! (I'm glad.) I didn't want to offend anyone! And just for the record, I think Yamichi is a very cute name! It kind of reminds me of a nickname, lol. There was a character from Angelic layer called Misaki, and all her friends called her Misakichi, lol.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Daijoubu datte (It's okay). Thankies for the compliment. ^_^

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    crystal clair said:
    Konnichiwa! May I join? I'm currently teaching myself Nihongo and I've memorized two Nihongo Poketto Monsutaa songs, Pokemon Getto da ze and Ok! I'm really good at reading katakana, medium at hiragana and beginning to scale the high wall of kanji. I used to write some kanji over and over. I know a lot of kanji right now though
    love, child, flower, day, night, sun, moon, Japanese language, strength, rain, tree, forest, river, water, fire, point, I, mouth, princess, dog, ocean, land, beach and valley. That's all I can remember now.

hai! you may join ^_^ . and "pokemon getto da ze"(get pokemon) is called "mezasea pokemon masutta"(most likely spelled wrong >_>)(try to be a pokemon master) sorry.. im a wee bit picky XD and im trying to learn the ok guitar solo.. :3 no luck so far though XD

Shuko said:

eep, confusing @_@ but i think i understand, nonetheless. ill go change my title right now >.>

yay! nanahyaku posts n_n im happy

Last edited:

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Shuko said:

Sou desu yo! (that's right!) And I totally agree on Yamichi being a kakkoi username too! xP
    I wouldn't dislike you if you'd be picky on what I say in Japanese as there is most likely loads of mistakes I make, but ya know, we can learn from our mistakes and picky people like ya! XD
    In fact, I'd love if you correct me when I make mistakes in Japanese grammar! :P

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Yea! I'm a member YATTA!
    Well anyway, at my school they have a Nihongo club and one of my teachers speak fluent Nihongo. She drills me in the hall sometimes.
    I also have a Nihongo dictionary and visit some Japanese sites. It's the best language and much cooler than Spanish.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Crystal Clair said:
    Yea! I'm a member YATTA!
    Well anyway, at my school they have a Nihongo club and one of my teachers speak fluent Nihongo. She drills me in the hall sometimes.
    I also have a Nihongo dictionary and visit some Japanese sites. It's the best language and much cooler than Spanish.
    Man, you are SO lucky. At my school there is only me and 2 others I know interested in Nihongo... Hardly enough to form a club really. u_u
    And yeah, is much cooler than spanish. :D Next year though we're gonna get a teacher in to do an after-school class in Nihongo, hopefully I shall learn a lot more then. :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ^__^ ねえねえ~~私はこのクラブを合わしてもいいですか.
    Translation: Hey, hey~ Is it okay if I join this club?

I've been taking Japanese for 2 years and this year's classes just finished on Saturday with our exam. o_O I pick up my marks next week. Aaanyway... my favourite script is katakana since it's easy to understand once you memorize all the syllables. ^^; All the words are basically English! I don't hate Kanji, but I don't particularly like most of them. @@; Not when I have to memorize over 100 for marks, blech. I like being able to recognize them, though. It makes me feel special. XD;;

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Georgia, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Georgia, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/font]

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    hehe! Me too, its fun learning new kanji characters xD and yes, you can join.punkhobbitqueen and lightning ! ^^

^you used this in your post. i am going to take an educated guess XD does it mean house?

Last edited:
    Years
    Just stopping by. I like Hiragana better, because they're rounder and cuter, even though I don't quite know all of them.

BTW, why Nihongo? That's Japanese language.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    MetalMario said:
    Just stopping by. I like Hiragana better, because they're rounder and cuter, even though I don't quite know all of them.

BTW, why Nihongo? That's Japanese language.

Because this is the Japanese language fanclub, silly! :P

"MetalMario no Baaaaka!!!" Lol! J/K, MetalMario. :) I just love sayin' that to people!

Years
    MetalMario no baka? That must be you. Shuko-wa baka-jin desu XD! (j/k)

On the first page, it said Japanese culture, and that sort of stuff in general, but the title says Nihongo club.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    MetalMario said:
    MetalMario no baka? That must be you. Shuko-wa baka-jin desu XD! (j/k)

On the first page, it said Japanese culture, and that sort of stuff in general, but the title says Nihongo club.

Gah! You're right! I guess I am the baka after all :P. m-_-m Gomen nasai, MetalMario-kun (I'm sorry, MetalMario) O' course, I never meant anything by it anyway. Like I said, I just like saying it to people, lol.

"Baka-jin"? 0_o I've never heard baka used in that context before. As far as I know, I've only heard people say "(insert person's name here) wa baka" or "(insert person's name here) no baka". They both mean the same thing, but the second is a more slangy, less formal way of calling someone a nincompoop. :P

For example, in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Asuka's always saying to Shinji: "Anta no bakaaaa!!!" or "You're such an idiot!"

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Oi, can I join? I've been taking Japanese for about four years, I'm pretty good in it. Kanji is the only thing I have a really hard time with. Katakana is my favorite, mainly because there aren't over a thousand characters to learn. It's the first one I learned so, another reason why I'm fond of it. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    hehe! Me too, its fun learning new kanji characters xD and yes, you can join.punkhobbitqueen and lightning ! ^^

^you used this in your post. i am going to take an educated guess XD does it mean house?
    Actually, I think its base meaning is "meet" =o It's the kanji in "あいます/aimasu" (replacing the あ/a) so... yeah. ^^;

xD I'm not used to writing Japanese in romaji, lol.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    I think it means both. O.o; And as far as I can remember, it is read Kai too as in Kaigi *cannot see the kanji that you're talking about as this pc is crap, and is just guessing it* Chigaimasu ka? XD (Am I wrong?)
    And geez... everyone seems to struggle with Kanji... I'm glad I'm not the only one then! XD *eyes with spite his 'Essential Kanji' book* XD

Oh, and as an addition to t3h Baka thing, I love calling people 'Bakana yatsu' ... XD (Stupid/Silly dude)

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    erm.. i know about the culture/language thing.. because at first, i just called it the nihongo fanclub. and then i went back and changed ti. and then i realize, it didnt rename the whole club.. just that one first post >.>

and yeah, you may join, Mihara.

Back