• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the にほん/ご / japanese fanclub ^.^

what do you like better, kanji, katakana, or hiragana?

• かんじ/kanji

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • カタカナ/katakana

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • ひらがな/hiragana

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • why the hell do they need three alphabets? >_>

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • they have a different alphabet than us O.O;

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • there are three japanese languages?

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • i dunno, i like em all n_n

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    いやあ...日本のクラブ!オレに合わせる も良いか? (Hey... it's a japanese club! Can I enter?)

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    ooh. yes, and i think i know most of those kanjis...

日本
    japan

meet(hehe.. just found this one out xD see a few posts up)

^stop

are these correct? i dont know very much kanji.. and i always like to learn new characters. ^^

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I recognise the Japan one most (obviously XD).

Here are a few I know, with the romanji to match. :P
    闇 - Yami - Dark
    光 - Hikari - Light
    地 - Chi - Earth
    王 - Ou - King
    遊戯 - Yuugi - Game
    Some of those may be wrong, but meh. I'm not perfect. XD Obviously I learned those ones from Yugioh. XD

Though I like Katakana most, probably because it was the first one I started to learn and I know many more characters from it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    erm.. i know about the culture/language thing.. because at first, i just called it the nihongo fanclub. and then i went back and changed ti. and then i realize, it didnt rename the whole club.. just that one first post >.>

and yeah, you may join, Mihara.
    Ah, alright. ~_^ I've changed that for you then.

And Yamichi ~ Uwaa! XD 闇 was the first kanji I ever memorized! :D It's fun to write~

あの...あっ君達の一番好きな色は何ですか。 (日本語で言い返してください。)
    Um... Ah! What is everyone's favourite colour? (Answer in Japanese, please.)

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    ども ありがと, リテニング さん. ^^(thank you very much lightening san)

first kanji i ever learned is 山 (やま ) (mountain) my uncle taught it to me ^^.

色 の こい てき です. (favorite colors.) (correct me if i said that wrong)

1.黒(black)
    2.電 白赤(electric pink) *XD thats the best i could do for pink for all of you who read kanji :P*
    3.緑(green)

Last edited:

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Meow... one of my first kanji was Yama (river) too!... it was followed by Yama, though, as I first encountered it tryint to translate the name Yamakawa XD

My favourite kanji? It's Nin (a specifit one, meaning perseverance, sufference, hiding and more). I shall post it later, since (as I said before) this computer doesn't read japanese language... ^^

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Hrm... Aoi ga suki desu... to midori ... KUURU na iro ga daisuki dayo! X3 (Hrm... I like blue... green also... I love cool colors! :D)

My first kanji... that's a nice one. It was "Tori." (bird). I remember reading some dragonball manga, and it had the name of the artist in its Kanji form: "Toriyama Akira." I looked it up after I bought a kanji dictionary, and it was the first one I memorized, lol. I don't have Japanese fonts installed on my computer, so you'll have to settle for a bad scrawl of it from Macromedia Flash:

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    marillmonster2000 said:
    ooh. yes, and i think i know most of those kanjis...

日本
    japan

meet(hehe.. just found this one out xD see a few posts up)

^stop

are these correct? i dont know very much kanji.. and i always like to learn new characters. ^^

Most of them are correct except for 良, it means good. (yoi/ii)

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    I eat cheese. I shall install t3h font as soon as I ask my br0th3r, marill-san! ^_^

So anyways... what's your favourite japanese food, guys?!?

I love onigiri! I like the ready ones that you can keep in the fridge, but I simply LOVE t3h hot, just made ones from restaurants :P
    The price is quite different though XD one is ?1 and the other is ?3!! XD

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Lightning said:
    And Yamichi ~ Uwaa! XD 闇 was the first kanji I ever memorized! :D It's fun to write~
    :P 光 was my first kanji character I memorized. ^_^
    And, as for japanese food, I've not really tried any. u_u;;

Cherrim

Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    2.電 白赤(electric pink) *XD thats the best i could do for pink for all of you who read kanji :P*
    There is no kanji for the word pink, so you use katakana instead (ピンク). ^^

Anyway, I haven't tried all that much Japanese food. o_O Mostly just sushi, heh. But... I adore sushi. <3 <3 It's by far my favourite food. I like the salmon sushi best~

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Can't the Kanji for birght and red be used for pink? I think I've seen it like that before. O.o As for food, probably Okonomiyaki, I've never liked anything Japanese better than that.

Cherrim

Years
    Mmm... I think I've heard of that too, but it's more common to use the katakana for pink. @_@

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Meow... I have always used pinku (in katakana), although I know they sometimes use momoiro as well, which means peach colour. I don't know why, but peaches are represented as pink in japanese anime - is that some kind of japanese peach or something? O.o;

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Unfortunately, I have yet to try a sample of Japanese food. I'd love to try a riceball. And I'd love to try sushi. What do those two foods taste like?
    Oh yeah, I just memorized two new kanji and their Japanese Romanji. I learned Run and ran. Run is aruki and ran is hashiru, according to my Japanese dictionary. Oh yeah, best way to memorize Kanji is to write them over and over again and use them in sentences.
    Today I just found out that my math teacher lived in Japan for three years. Darn, is everyone from Japan or something!
    One question. What does "hoe" mean in English. I cant find a translation in my dictionary and it's in my Cardcaptor Sakura manga to the point where it makes me paranoid.

Cherrim

Years
    Ah, "hoe" is just a word Sakura made up. ^^; She just uses it when she's surprised or scared.

For me, I learn kanji best when I'm using them in sentences and writing different sentences over. :O That way I remember how I'm supposed to use them. I'll forget a ton over the summer, though. T_T;;

Back