• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the にほん/ご / japanese fanclub ^.^

what do you like better, kanji, katakana, or hiragana?

• かんじ/kanji

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • カタカナ/katakana

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • ひらがな/hiragana

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • why the hell do they need three alphabets? >_>

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • they have a different alphabet than us O.O;

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • there are three japanese languages?

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • i dunno, i like em all n_n

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    XD!
    The word 'hoe' made me think of something else.... XD *cough* I misunderstood at first... XD
    Anyways, is it the same for 'oro' that kenshin always says? It doesn't have a specific meaning in japanese, has it? O.o;

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    i dont think it does hmm...

anyway, question of the day:
    what is the first japanese word you ever learned? (besides theones that almost everyone knows, like arigato, sayonara, konnichiwa, ect)

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    XD!
    This will sound weird to you, but for some reason, the first word I can remember was Katatsumuri, which means snail... XD

Don't ask me why, don't ask me how, and don't ask me when. XD

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    Sorry To Double Post, but I Really Don't Want This Thread To Die >_>

So, What Should We Talk About For A Topic?

*Waves magic wand*
    Teh Revived!!!

Lol! Guess what? I just found the neatest place to work on our Nihongo skills, and enjoy Pokemon at the same time! It's a website called Pokemon Daisuki, and you can find it here:
    https://www.pokemon.jp

If you become a member (which in and of itself will require some Japanese skills, but not a whole lot. PM me if you need some help becoming a member. ^_~) they have Pokemon games and other fun stuff inside, and it's all in relatively easy text (Mostly hiragana, although they do have some Katakana, and just a touch of Kanji) because of the fanbase they expect to receive, lol. Anyone else wanna try 'em out and say what you think? Isn't it a cool way to work on your Japanese? :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Hey, this should be a nice break from all the fanart sites I visit... since those are virtually the only Japanese sites I end up on. ^^; *bookmarks site* Thanks for the link!

Eeeee! The pictures are so cute! <3

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Marill-kun, is your user title (I think that's the name... -_-; I'm not talking about your Nickname, mind; it's the Kanji below your avatar) "Nihonjin.. Naka Boku no Yume"? I'm wondering if that's how you would pronounce it. And if so, what does it mean? It sounds like you're trying to say, "Japanese [person].. inside my dreams." Is that what you mean? If so, you'd want to say "Nihonjin... Boku no Yume no Naka e." Naka can't really be used without its particles. :P

And your location, is it "Mirai Nihon"? This one I'm not sure about... Maybe it's Tokyoo, lol. Anyway, if you're trying to say Future Japan here, you'd want to put "Mirai no Nihon" if that's what you're aiming for. :P Literally, it means "Japan of the Future." If you switched the order though, you'd get "Nihon no Mirai," which means "The Future of Japan." Lol. I think either one sounds good. :P

Mattokun

Haruka ga daisuki desu
    Years
    This club sounds right up my ally. I speak Japanese (a little, I took it in school) and I've been before. Mind if I join?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Shuko ~ The location kanji in Marill's name says Tokyo. ^^; (I'd use Japanese spelling with the extra o but, eh... lazy. XD) Mirai is 未来, I think.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Lightning said:
    Shuko ~ The location kanji in Marill's name says Tokyo. ^^; (I'd use Japanese spelling with the extra o but, eh... lazy. XD) Mirai is 未来, I think.

Lolz... I dunno why, but I always get Tokyo and Mirai confused. 9_6 Although I had a semester of Japanese in college, we never got to the Kanji, so all the ones I know are ones I've taught myself. I probably don't use the right order, or method, or whatever to learn them, lol. But my grammar's not too terrible, at least. :P

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    mattokun-Welcome To The club

shuko said:
    Marill-kun, is your user title (I think that's the name... -_-; I'm not talking about your Nickname, mind; it's the Kanji below your avatar) "Nihonjin.. Naka Boku no Yume"? I'm wondering if that's how you would pronounce it. And if so, what does it mean? It sounds like you're trying to say, "Japanese [person].. inside my dreams." Is that what you mean? If so, you'd want to say "Nihonjin... Boku no Yume no Naka e." Naka can't really be used without its particles.

And your location, is it "Mirai Nihon"? This one I'm not sure about... Maybe it's Tokyoo, lol. Anyway, if you're trying to say Future Japan here, you'd want to put "Mirai no Nihon" if that's what you're aiming for. Literally, it means "Japan of the Future." If you switched the order though, you'd get "Nihon no Mirai," which means "The Future of Japan." Lol. I think either one sounds good.
    @_@

Yes, That Is How You Pronounce It And Yes, It Means "Japanese, In My Dreams.." And If You're Sure, I'll Change It. o.o You Are Probably Right.. I suck With Japanese Sentance Structure v.v;;

And It Says Tokyo XD

Oh! And Shuko, And Lightning? Would You Guys Like To Be Co Founders?

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    mattokun-Welcome To The club

@_@

Yes, That Is How You Pronounce It And Yes, It Means "Japanese, In My Dreams.." And If You're Sure, I'll Change It. o.o You Are Probably Right.. I suck With Japanese Sentance Structure v.v;;

And It Says Tokyo XD

Oh! And Shuko, And Lightning? Would You Guys Like To Be Co Founders?

~_~ Hrm... what kind of responsibility does that kind of thing entail?

Back