• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
    It's not too bad since it doesn't have such a large impact or importance in the games and you get lots of people on street pass if you go to the city or festivals/events.
    And for Mii Games you can just spend play coins on them just take your 3DS for a walk 8D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    This is discussion about the 3DS guys! :P

I used the street pass on a friend, but other than that, not had any luck.​
    I went to New York City and I got 8 StreetPasses. I also have gotten another one by just having my 3DS on in the car.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Nobody is going to brick anyone's system.

Nintendo wants you to buy games so they can make money. If you don't have a working 3DS you can't buy games so they can't make money, and they're not naive enough to think people would willing purchase another 3DS if theirs was remotely bricked.

Not to mention the resulting fallout and PR wouldn't be worth it at all for the brand's image.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I'm not really all that caring on the whole thing about Nintendo bricking users' systems, but there really has to be a line which they cannot cross. If people are downloading illegal content to play on the 3DS, such as pirated games and such, then that's a good reason to remotely brick someone's 3DS, but if there are other things, such as accessing certain sites on the internet which can be deemed for an older demographic, then I don't think Nintendo should go as far as bricking those people. A lot of the Nintendo audience are at least considered an adult, or above the age of 18, so it's their choice to do whatever they want with it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Why would anyone ever remotely consider doing that that's the most paranoid thing I've ever heard.

It's very likely we'll see a similar approach to those taken by the Wii, as well as the Xbox 360. The system will make every attempt to remove unauthorised software when performing a firmware update and may revoke your privilege to access Nintendo's online services using the 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Does anyone know if they will be releasing any new colors of the 3DS?

I want to pick one up but if they are coming out with new colors, I will wait until they are released.
    No other colors have been announced yet- You'll just have to wait to see if they do try to release any more. They should be coming soon, though. Not everyone likes blue.

eman1192

Shiny Collector
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2022
    anyone know when the web browser is supposed to come out for the 3ds? wasntit supposed to already be out?

Years
    anyone know when the web browser is supposed to come out for the 3ds? wasntit supposed to already be out?

It was originally going to be released on launch, but they didn't have it ready, so they push it back twice and it should be coming out June I think they said.​

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Adding to that, it's going to be a supposedly worldwide release, going to Japan June 7 and thats around mid-day June 6 for america.

I've had two very random street passes, both whilst at by saturday job, one with some bald guy and a very pretty girl - but they both failed me in that quest thingee. :(

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    No other colors have been announced yet- You'll just have to wait to see if they do try to release any more. They should be coming soon, though. Not everyone likes blue.

Nintendo's going to troll me by never releasing the purple 3DS that they had on display at E3 2010, aren't they? T______T

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years

Are you saying that you attended e3 last year!!!???

Anyways, can someone halp moi plox? Try running a system update and tell me if it says,

"An error has occured.
    Unable to update.

The system will
    now be restarted."

I want to know if it's just me.

Nah, there were pics all over the internet of it.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Also orange and red 3DSes, which we didn't get at release either but I'd wager that the red one is inevitable for a future Mario bundle.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    My favorite colors for a handheld are emerald green and royal purple, and for some reason those colors are rarely ever produced. DS-wise I finally settled for the Cobalt/Black two-tone as dark blues are another favorite of mine. I <3 <3 <3 my green PSP-3000 from the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker bundle.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024

Are you saying that you attended e3 last year!!!???

Anyways, can someone halp moi plox? Try running a system update and tell me if it says,

"An error has occured.
    Unable to update.

The system will
    now be restarted."

I want to know if it's just me.

No, it's not just you, this happened to me for a while, just try restarting your 3DS until it works, and try to get closer to your router for a better internet connection. It could also help if your system is plugged into the charger.

Also, I like those colors as well, Chairman Kaga, and be patient, I'm sure those colors will be coming out soon enough. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'm very excited. Actually, I came home thinking that the release was already out, so I looked at my 3D expecting the notification light to be blue, but it wasn't, so I opened it up and looked to make sure, but it's not out yet. Anyway, there's only one thing to do, which is wait.

Back