• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Tried the browser, downloaded the pokedex (at least they look decent lthough I wonder how accurate its moveset info is for past generation Pokemon given some learn specific moves via BF tutors etc when I actually get some) and now downloading excitebike, which I never played before. Looking forward to trying that out!

Years
    Well, I am just downloading the update now, so it will be interesting to see what I think of it all. I haven't seen any of the content in this download, so I will let you know what I think. Haha.​

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The Pokedex is pretty neat, imo. All I really like is being able to get a 3D view from every angle of a Pokemon, which would be pretty handy if I ever decide to pick up my tablet and draw something. I had a couple of errors at first in the eShop, but I havn't had many since.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The freebies are pretty cool, and the browser's... there. :/ I'm glad they got it all up-and-running, though! Does everybody have the starters, Hydreigon, Emolga, Audino, Foongus and whoever else I'm forgetting? Do we all have the some Pokemon?

Years
    It's all too late for me, I actually have a decent phone now so I'd rather download better games for that from Android for less money.

£3.60 for an ancient mario game is pretty ridiculous comapared to nothing for angry birds.

That said I have downloaded excite bike and pokedex 3D.

Come on Nintendo do something with this console!

EDIT: Am I doing something wrong on excitebike? All it seems to be is ride, do jump, oh haha you crashed because you jump now you have to wait ten years to fix your bike at the side.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Outside of the prices the only thing I have wrong with Eshop is they allow accept Master Card or Visa. Why can't they expect others like Discover and American Express -_-

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Currently downloading the E3 trailers they put up in the eShop. :3 All hyped for Kid Icarus again!

It'll be good to have an officially endorsed source for those GB/C games. I miss my Crystal version. T.T

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    £3.60 for an ancient mario game is pretty ridiculous comapared to nothing for angry birds.
    Whats angry birds? I seem to here it allot :/

Anyways, I cant seem to update my 3DS (atleast I found it).
    I keep getting and error, and that itll restart the system.
    COME ON ALREADY.

Years
    The 3D Pokedex is pretty solid. Could someone tell me how I can take pictures of the Pokemon to put them on photos and stuff V_____V

Need to be rocking that Hydreigon in some of my photos!

Years
    It's all too late for me, I actually have a decent phone now so I'd rather download better games for that from Android for less money.

That said I have downloaded excite bike and pokedex 3D.

Come on Nintendo do something with this console!

EDIT: Am I doing something wrong on excitebike? All it seems to be is ride, do jump, oh haha you crashed because you jump now you have to wait ten years to fix your bike at the side.

Excitebike is probably one of those games that hasn't aged well.

Whats angry birds? I seem to here it allot :/

Anyways, I cant seem to update my 3DS (atleast I found it).
    I keep getting and error, and that itll restart the system.
    COME ON ALREADY.

Angry Birds is a game available for the iPhone for a fee and for Android phones for free.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The 3D Pokedex is pretty solid. Could someone tell me how I can take pictures of the Pokemon to put them on photos and stuff V_____
    Copy the AR code for it onto a piece of paper/computer and print (it's displayed when you tap the button for it at the top of the info screen for each Pokemon) and aim the AR viewer at that, just like the AR cards for those 3DS AR games. More info basically saying that here.

Samorott has the best animation btw. =p

Novalis

Hisorian
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    The 3DS gave me a headache. I can see that being a problem for a lot of people.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The 3DS gave me a headache. I can see that being a problem for a lot of people.

You were probably looking at it wrong because it willgive me a headache if I look at it wrong but wont if I look at it right.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'll admit it's given me headaches before, and if I use it for an hour plus with no breaks I still get them. However in moderation or without the 3D it's a non-issue. I guess it just varies person-to-person.

Years
    Generally the 3D effect hasn't bothered me, but the Ocarina of Time trailer on it really hurt. Probably because of all the rapidly-changing scenes. My eyes didn't have time to adopt to the new focal points being forced on them...

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    3DS Virtual Console

I got a 3DS on launch day and have been waiting for Virtual Console. Now that it's out, I went down to the local Game Stop and bought a card. I got Link's Awakening, Super Mario Land, and Radar Mission. I didn't expect Radar Mission to be as much fun as it is. I also got the free Pokedex, and I am confused as to how I can view my collected Pokemon (in the Pokedex) with an AR card. Also, did anyone else buy 3DS virtual console games?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    It was alright nothing really wowed me with it though. If I did by it then it would be after games like Zelda Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Super Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi Mansion, Kirby Mass Attack, Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I do believe that the update fixes a few issues with the charging indicator - It actually turns off when fully charged. Also, the eShop cards won't be available until July. I know it sucks but at least it doesn't force me to get them over other things.

Back