• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
Years
  • 3DS 2???

I know it's a little early to predict a second system,
    but Nintendo has a habit like most companies do to release multiple versions of their platform ie: Dsi, DsiXL.
    Any good predictions on what the next system might have differently or look like?

Years
  • I know it's a little early to predict a second system,
    but Nintendo has a habit like most companies do to release multiple versions of their platform ie: Dsi, DsiXL.
    Any good predictions on what the next system might have differently or look like?

Discussion about the 3DS2 console, so merged into this topic.​

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Has anyone else noticed that the 3DS's bottom display is just slightly crooked?

I'm on number two. I had to exchange my first one (but for a different reason). I noticed on both that if you look at the top-right corner of the bottom screen, it's slightly crooked.

It's not a big deal. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Moderators Note: Merged into the 3DS topical thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I haven't noticed that yet, and I don't intend to start noticing it now. :P However, the raised frame around the touchscreen is leaving scratches on the 3D screen. I'm gonna try and replace it once I've ordered a screen protector/cases for it.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    To 3D or not 3D that is the Question

Ok so recently this spring break I raised enough money to buy a 3DS. Though im really not sure if I should buy it i would have to trade in my XL with its big screenyness. i have tried it in the stores but im not sure if its worth giving up the big screen, can you guys help me out do you think this is worth it?

Years
  • Well, I guess it is down to you really. Are there any games that have been released for the 3DS that you really want to play?
    The top screen is rather big. I have both the DSi XL and the 3DS and I haven't really had any problems transferring over to the slightly smaller screens.

It is all down to you really.​

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • There's a lot of games I am looking forward to but two in particular in the next few months hopefully is OoT remake and Paper Mario 3DS.

Street Fighters is keeping me entertained (along with Pokemon White) for the time being in the spare time I have given uni.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I want a cool Sonic game on the 3DS. I'm looking forward to the Ocarina of Time re-make.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
  • Got mine yesterday, loving it so far! ^_^
    Also add me if ya want (look under post count that way <--) Name: Tsukuyomi★

Be sure to message me yours after so I can add you.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to a few games on the 3DS. The biggest one would have to be Starfox 64 3D. I was actually thinking if they made a Starfox game for the 3DS, or a remake of it, and then I heard about this. I was so happy! :D Second would be Paper Mario 3D though, as it's one of my favourite game series of all time. I still play it to this day whenever I get the chance to. :3

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney 3DS.

That's the only reason I'll buy it, really.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
  • I mainly got it for the features and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor: Overclocked and the features that are and will be released on the 3DS, like Netflix and the virtual console.

Oharo

&#803;
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Any of you guys holding back to buy a 3DS in case the Lite version comes out soon after? I haven't even gotten a DS yet though. So i'm considering either just going for the 3DS (But rumours of the Lite version is really holding me back, and I don't really need any games for the 3DS) or the DS Lite (For playing some of my GBA games).

Years
  • I'm looking forward to Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney 3DS.

That's the only reason I'll buy it, really.

I'm not sure about that game, I haven't played a Layton game before but something tells me it will be pretty bad.

Any of you guys holding back to buy a 3DS in case the Lite version comes out soon after? I haven't even gotten a DS yet though. So i'm considering either just going for the 3DS (But rumours of the Lite version is really holding me back, and I don't really need any games for the 3DS) or the DS Lite (For playing some of my GBA games).

You should wait. I already regret not waiting, I could have got it around £40 cheaper and I wouldn't have missed out on much. The really good games will probably start to come through around October/November.

Years
  • Any of you guys holding back to buy a 3DS in case the Lite version comes out soon after? I haven't even gotten a DS yet though. So i'm considering either just going for the 3DS (But rumours of the Lite version is really holding me back, and I don't really need any games for the 3DS) or the DS Lite (For playing some of my GBA games).

Well I have bad news for you. The DS Lite has been discontinued.
    https://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=156354

I don't think they are going to 3DS Lite anytime soon, personally anyway.​

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I've been looking forward to Ocarina of Time 3D, Starfox 3D, and Megaman Legends 3! Its been, what, 10 years since Legends 2? (I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to this one)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • -Paper Mario 3D
    -Mario Kart 3DS
    -Super Mario
    wow lots of mario.
    -Sonic Generations
    ---want to try:
    -kingdom hearts 3d /never got to try kh before
    -kid icarus uprising.
    /i honestly liked wind waker better then OoT

Also i hope nobody wants 3DS Lite. the 3DS is smaller then the dsi/ds lite. I think this is as small as it gets. They might be able to make it thinner. its only "thick" because of the 3d tech.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I got my 3DS a couple of nights ago.

So far, I'm loving it. However, I'm not playing any 3DS games right now. The first 3DS game I want is OoT 3DS.

I went and bought Pokemon Heart Gold for a car trip yesterday. I expected the batteries to die out fast, but to my shock, I managed to go through 7 hours of playing the 3DS without the battery dying. It had only gone down half-way in the end, in fact.

I am using the Power Save mode, but really I prefer the way that looks. I don't need the screen super bright. The screen is already so different from the 2004 original DS I had, so yeah, I'll stick with it this way.

Back