• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    You know what I find really interesting about the 3DS? The 3D itself. It's really different than what you would've expected. The 3DS commercials I've seen say the 3DS is all about the 3D popping out into your face, but I see it differently. Maybe it's because I've been playing Nintendogs + Cats lately, but it seems like you're looking more into the 3DS, instead of it popping out, which is a cool effect. :3

What games does everyone currently have for the 3DS?

So far, I've only got Super Street Fighter 4, in which I use mostly C. Viper, and Nintendogs + Cats, which I've become a master lurer or something. I need to play that game again. :P

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I only have Rayman 3D. Only game I really wanted out of the launch. It would still entertain me as soon as I get unstuck >.<

And I agree, the 3D is very interesting. I like it allot more then the "Popping out" effect

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    What games does everyone currently have for the 3DS
    Samurai Warriors, Lego Star Wars III, Madden, Street Fighter IV. I am waiting for Legends 3 Prototype when it comes out in late May. I kind of wonder why I got Street Fighter IV though since I suck at it.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    My only 3DS game is Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. It's a pretty good game, if a bit generic. I haven't played it in a while though. Probably won't get anything else until Ocarina of Time.

Years
    I don't how this little thing gets dirty so quickly. My DS only ever had a few stratches on the screen with no dirt/marks at all.

The most annoying thing is how the circle pad always manages to leave an imprint on the top screen.

Zinock

♚Where Legends Are Born♚
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Doesnt look any different.
    Im gonna stick with my DS Lite :D

Morkula

Years
    The 3DS itself stays cleaner than the DS Lite, but I have NEVER seen a screen get nasty as quickly as the 3DS's does. It's so prone to getting fingerprints and dust all over it. :/

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I heard about that. It doesn't bother me all that much, as it's only one week's delay. At least it lines up with the E3 expo, or at least the Nintendo Conference, which is good I guess. :P

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    I'm still waiting on the 3DS. Usually when I get a new system, I save up so I can buy the system and 3 games. There aren't 3 games out that I want. T.T I'm not into fighting games, and the rest just don't look appealing. I'm holding out for OoT, Overclocked, and something else. XD

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    3DS Shop to be pushed back to June.

What you think about this then? I think it is a bit annoying really, since there isn't much available for the 3DS and it does feel like they rushed it out with stuff half finished.​

It is annoying that the console didn't come out with the browser and eShop by default, but I'm just glad we have a solid date now.

I see people whining all over the internet. They said "Late May", which could have meant May 31st for all we know, so hey, maybe they're really only a week off. As I said, at least we have a real date, now.

Morkula

Years
    It's pretty ridiculous. There's really no excuse for not having the eShop ready at launch - not three months later. It's really seeming more and more like Nintendo rushed out an incomplete system...I would have gladly waited until June or so to get a fully functional 3DS with at least one "killer app" (OoT) at launch.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    its kinda expensive but its 3d features are amazing
    i could stop playin flight simulator 3d or something..
    my friends even got mad because we were almost late for the nest school lesson

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    3DS Shop to be pushed back to June.

What you think about this then? I think it is a bit annoying really, since there isn't much available for the 3DS and it does feel like they rushed it out with stuff half finished.​
    *Sigh* at least I still have my iPod Touch. I was really hoping they would have more games and the eShop/browser out at launch.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Street pass '-.-

OK so the 3DS came with this new feature Street pass, walk by someone with the 3DS and they give you game info and you can set up special teams and junk to fight theirs in game like Street fighter. The problem is i don 't live in japan were there is another person with a 3ds every 4 feet i live in the US in a rather isolated town were i dont really do far into town unless i head to wall mart or something what should i do?

* If this is in the wrong section please move it*

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I agree. I havent seen like anyone else with a 3DS. Maybe its the price, idk.
    But it sucks. Im just trying to get mii's for the mii games Dx

Back