• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Academy of Myth and the Light's Shadow

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    ((OCC – Are there any plans to make an OCC thread? I would much prefer it if there were one. Especially since I have a second SU ready to post but it would probably disrupt the RPG))

THE ACADEMY OF MYTH #1 – Wakey wakey

Jericho Martin Wyvelle, more often know as Jericho, yawned violently, and his eyes flicked open to the constant screaming of the alarm clock. 5:45 it read, as Jericho slammed his fist onto the clock, which caused it to enter an empty silence. He pulled himself up, and rubbed his eyes. He raised his arms in a stretch, and let his 'wings' expand, stretching them too. Jericho threw off the covers, and slid off his bed, wearing one of his shirts and his underwear.

"5:15? Too late for my taste…" muttered, and to him, this was late. When he was out on his own, Jericho would have usually gotten up around four in the morning. It usually left him tired throughout the day, but he often had to move quickly, and almost constantly. Life had never exactly been 'easy' for him after he had left, if that was what you wanted to call it.

Jericho groaned, as he scavenged through his clothes, and grabbed a towel, and what he would be wearing today, which was his usual. At this, he headed through the door, towards the showers. He knew which way he was meant to go, or at least, he hoped he knew, as he wasn't really paying attention.

Luckily, he came across the showers rather quickly, and stepped in. Jericho turned the heat up to one of the highest settings. He hated water, much like any Rock-type, but he could handle the heat much more effectively than the cold. As guessed, Jericho spent as little time as possible showering, but enough time to clean. After ten minutes or so, he had finished showering, cleaned his many razor-sharp teeth, and had dressed himself in black jeans, a similarly black shirt, which had a Wargle insignia on the right side. Finally, he retracted his 'wings', and pulled the jacket on. As uncomfortable as it was to hold his wings in so tightly, it had become a habit to wear this jacket.

After not bothering to fix his already messy hair, rather than grabbing his back-back, -which contained anything he might need for the day-, or heading out of the stone structure which had become his dormitory, he spent a good half an hour in his room, getting in some last minute training.

"DragonClaw" he muttered, as he slashed his arm in a diagonal motion, letting his fist become engulfed in a blue-ish aura, which was followed by a faint wisp of energy of the same colour. He did it once more, alternating between hands and strafing from side to side. "Practice makes perfect" he grumbled, as he finally gave up. It was nearly time for breakfast anyway, so he headed out.

Just as Jericho had arrived at the door to the Gathering Hall and swung open, and was greeted by no-one. Jericho hadn't expected anything, and he didn't want any recognition of his arrival. The Aerodactyl-Pokejinka didn't have any idea of the time, but it didn't really matter.

Jericho paced inside. "Hey" he grumbled to anyone who could be bothered to listen. He sat himself down, without getting anything to eat. Not yet anyway, and then closed his eyes, and relaxed.

"Where's your food? " said Warrick, who was in the seat next to Jericho

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Sin visably winced when the Umbreon gijinka called out to her and introduced herself. Not that she was really surprised, she was sitting with them after all. The girl just hopped that the two males would either start talking with eachother or else not say anything at all. After all, many ice and dark types were like that. Though the Glalie was certainly fitting this description the Umbreon, named Oliver, did not.

"I'm Sinopa Canius," the Vulpix gijinka said very quietly, barely over a whisper. Though she really didn't want to talk with the boy, she also didn't want to be rude.

In the silence that followed, Sin quickly took out her schedule and looked at it. She knew where most of the classes were and was pretty happy with what she had. However, there was one class that greatly disturbed Sin. Indeed, if one where to look at that class, and then see the others, it would probably make one's head tilt in confusion. After all, why would a person who was taking mostly academic courses have Dragon Riding thrown in there.

Before Sin could muse over why that was, and probably go into her innershell when she remembered the reason, she heard Oliver ask why they had entered the academy. More out of habit then actually wanting to start a conversation, Sin said, still in a quiet voice; "My mom convinced my dad it would be the best for me to learn like this, rather then just having it beaten into me."

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    At this, Oliver frowned. The girl seemed so...enclosed in her own little world. It brought him back to that one day last year when he and his boyfriend had gone to the mall to see Avatar. They were just about to enter the theater when they noticed a small girl, much like Sin, crying. Oliver, being the kind person he was, asked the girl what was wrong, but she didn't answer him. The girl was an Abra gijinka and she teleported away from him in obvious fear and depression. Much to Oliver's horror, the girl commited suicide that same night and it was all over the news the following day.
    I'm not letting something like that happen again.
    "Well," the Umbreon gijinka began, "I suppose it's a win-win. You get to attend one of the most highly acclaimed academies in the world, and I," he couldn't help but smirk, he just couldn't, "have had the pleasure of meeting such a cute girl."
    He knew it was wrong. A hundred-thousand times over, it was so immorally wrong for him to try and string this girl on. But, he reasoned to himself, he was just complimenting her. It didn't necessarily have to mean anything. After all, she'd eventually discover his flaming homosexuality if they ever partied together, right?

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    "Mabye I should go sit with somebody..." Kobora thought while drinking his orange juice. He got up, and decided to go sit with the Umbreon, Vulpix, and Glalie gijinka.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    Link sat in silence for about ten minutes. He would've sat there longer, but his stomach said it was time to eat. He got up and walked over to where the food was. Sausage and eggs. Not bad. Link grabbed some food, and walked back to his spot. When he got back, he sat down, and started to eat his eggs.
    He sighed. There was no one around for him to talk to. Sure he was shy, but that didn't change the fact that he was lonely. And he forgot to get orange juice.
    Link ate quickly, and checked his watch: 7:00. He still had 30 minutes before it was time to head to class. With nothing else to do, Link looked around the gathering hall. He saw many gijinka around him. There was a cloyster, a magmar, an electabuzz, and a haunter to name a few. He saw the vaporeon girl again, and thought about saying something, but decided against it.
    I hate being shy…
    And with that, he checked his watch again, and decided it was time to head to Special Attacks for beginners.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Once again, Sin found her body reacting before her mind could get a hold of it and make it stop. She just had to look up when the Umbreon boy mentioned how cute she looked and how he was luckly to be in the same school as her. At first, the girl just stared at him, as if not understanding what he was saying.

When his words finally reached her brain, Sin blushed a deep shade of red and looked at her tray of food. This was even worse then what she thought it would be. Now the boy was trying to hit on her, or so it seemed. The Vulpix gijinka knew that all she had to do was mention the "L" word, and he would most likely leave her alone. After all, most guys give up rather quickly when they see that their efforts will be in vain. However, the very, very, very last thing Sin wanted was for it to be common knowlege what her sexual preferences were.

Now, when the moment of embarassment and thoughts on how to deal with it passed, Sin was replaced with a feeling of anger. How dare this Umbreon gijinka try to flirt with her even though he just got her name!? Who did he think he was? The Vulpix was about to ask Oliver this very question, but quickly stopped herself. She didn't want to cause conflict, especially on the first day. So, Sin just sat up, took her tray and walked over to the nearest trash can to scrap her left overs into it. Once that was done, she placed her tray onto a counter and started to head for the door.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Oliver's Synchronize ability allowed him to sense the anger in Sin. It was useful, but the golden ring on his forehead reflected that anger. Before he could apologize for angering the Vulpix gijinka, she was already out the door. "Damn it..." He finished the last of his meal and rose from the table. He shouldered his bag and said to the Tyranitar and Glalie gijinka, "Hey, I think I pissed her off, don't think me rude for leaving like this. Um, I guess I'll see you guys in class?" He quickly dumped his tray and ran out the door after Sin.
    "Hey!!!" He called, "Sin! Did I say something wrong?!"

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    "Ummm...alright dude. See ya later." Kobora said while waving goodbye to Oliver. Kobora got out of his chair, and got ready to head out. "Well, I'm gonna head to class. Hope to see you later." Kobora said to the Glalie gijinka before heading to the door.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Sin gave a low, very animal-like growl under her breath when she heard Oliver shout out to her. Why was this boy chasing after her like this? Its not like he really cared. No one ever really cared about Sin or her problems, except for her mother. Why would he care?

Still, Sin knew that he wouldn't leave her alone if she just kept walking and didn't say anything, so she stopped right where she was and turned on her heels to face to face the Umbreon gijinka.

"Look, I don't know who you think you are," Sin growled, "but I just don't like it when boys I don't even know that well, and who don't know me, suddenly decides that they want to flirt around and try to hit on me. I didn't even want to really talk with you. So could you please just leave me alone."

That being said, Sin turned around and started to walk away again. However, when she did so, a magazine dropped from the books she carried with her. On the cover was a Ninetales gijinka in a white, tight-fitting dress that outline her slim and well kept body and her tails desplyed artfully behind her.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Oliver didn't even seem the least bit upset about the words she spat at him. He just sighed and called out to her, "Look. I'm gay, alright? I was just complimenting you because even a gay guy can tell when a girl's cute or not. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way." With that, he just watched her walk off, but saw the magazine in her bag fall out. He considered calling out to her, but thought better of it since she probably would have unleashed a Flamethrower on him.

He picked up the dropped article and saw the woman on the cover. She looks like...His eyes went wide for a moment. "Oh Arceus...I really messed up..." He put the magazine in his bag and decided it was time to go to class.

He pulled out his schedule and made his way to his Fine Arts and Famous Works class.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    OOC:
    @Dragonite149: Okay, looks good now. You can check my previous post for your schedule.

@GrifSpark: Wow, really? I must have been more tired than I thought on friday night because I was planning on putting everyone in the classes they wanted... I'll get you into dragon riding right away! And I forgot to say that you were accepted... wow, I must subliminally hate you or something. You are accepted though, and I submitted an OOC thread on Friday so it should be up soon. Actually, it was probably so late that it was submitted on saturday... early. Oh well.

Also, I will kindly ask you all to make your posts more than one line long. I believe that the rules say that you must have at least four lines, so one line is waaaay too short. I don't want to get in trouble, mmm kay?

IC:
    She had been awake since five thirty, and being the pokejinka she was, she had not taken a shower. Now silently she waited for her prey to arrive, focusing all her attention on the roof of the pitch-black space that she had squeezed herself into. A noise, outside of her tiny lair, drew in her attention. Suddenly, light poured inside the hiding place of the girl, and a vulpix pokejinka head could be seen in the blinding glow of the Gathering Hall.

With all the strength she could muster, the yabukuron pokejinka known as Addison, or Addy, leapt out of the trash can screeching.

Unfortuately, the vulpix girl was already gone and hadn't even noticed. A boy followed, and his attention was so focused on the girl that he just dumped his trash on top of Addy without even noticing her.

"Awww, killjoys." Addy muttered to herself.

"Good thing too. Didn't your father tell you not to bother the other fresmen? It's funny when you pop out of trash cans and scare the huge senior boys out of their wits, but a depressed freshmen girl? That's just me."

"Oh gosh, is she really depressed or something? I didn't know! I can't control who comes to throw their stuff away! Sorry Des!"

The man in front of her appeared to be only in his twenties, although Addy knew that he was eons older than that. He had incredibly pale skin and snow white hair, but his clothing was very elegant and jet black. He glared at her with ice blue eyes before responding. "That's Professor Darkrai to you, now that you're a student and all. Even before that. You have been around the school long enough to know that none of the teachers like being called nicknames."

"I call Mr. Markman 'Daddy'; that's a nickname."

Professor Darkrai just stared at her annoyed and wished desperately that the energetic girl who had grown up at the academy had not signed up for his class. Third class of the day: horrible horrible pain.

"Anyway, I'm off to make some new friends!" Without saying another word, Addy brushed off a plate that was statically sticking to her pants and ran off in the direction of the boy and girl to see what was going on.

Once she saw where they were, Addy slowed to a stop just in time to see the girl running off again, though this time something fell out of her book bag. Curious, Addy walked along in the direction of the object, almost completely forgetting the boy who seemed to still be standing there.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Oliver entered the room marked "Fine Literature and Famous Works" on a golden plaque. He entered to a standard, Victorian-style classroom with twenty-sum odd desks all in rows and facing a large desk at the front of the class. Behind said desk was a Froslass gijinka that Oliver could only assume was the teacher.

He decided he'd had enough of introducing himself and decided to take a seat, specifically at the back of the class. To his amusement, he was sitting right in front of a bookshelf lined with horror fiction novels. He picked one that peaked his interest and bgena reading quietly to himself.

OOC: Jewel, do you control the dorm masters/head master/teachers?

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    OOC:
    @Spikey-Eared Pichu: Hmmm... looks like I failed to notice that you posted while I was writing my post... fail. Anyways, anyone can control the teachers and other staff. It would get very annoying if only I controlled them, right?

IC:
    As Addy walked up to the item that had fallen out of the vulpix girl's bag, the boy, who turned out to be an umbreon, outpaced her and picked up the item before Addy was even close. He shouted something about him being gay, and then took a look at the item and put it in his bag. Interesting. After that the umbreon simply walked off in the direction of his first class, which reminded Addy that she needed to get to class too. Checking to make sure that she had all of her materials with her, Addy walked off in the direction of the math classroom where she would be taught algebra.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    OOC: Alrighty, good to know =)

IC:

Oliver continued reading as more students filed in. Just the types he'd expect too: Mainly Psychic gijinkas like Kadabra, Kirlia, Meditite, and, interestingly enough, an Espeon girl. Also, a few Ghost and other Dark gijinkas showed up. The bell rang for first class and it seemed like everyone was here.

The teacher, Professor Arson, rose from her desk and addressed the class, "Hello, everyone. I am your Fine Literature and Famous Works teacher, Professor Clarissa Arson. This year, we will be covering a wide variety of famous works of literature such as Romeo and Juliet, The Color Purple, and A Dream Within A Dream." She looked over all the students and nodded, "Good, you all seem interested. Well, let me take attendance..." She began calling off names of students, to which Oliver paid no mind until he heard one name that made his ears quip, "Sinopa Canius? Is Sinopa here?"

So, she has this class too, Oliver mused. And, much to his twisted delight, he noticed that the only open desk left in the class was to his immediate right.

"Well I guess she's not here," Professor Arson said as she looked for Sin's name on her class attendance sheet to mark absent.

"Um, Professor Arson?" Oliver said, he wasn't going to let the girl be marked absent.

Clarissa looked up, her golden eyes looking within Oliver, "Yes, Mr..." she checked her class roster for a moment, "Umbridge, is it?"

"Yes, Professor, um, Sinopa's here, she's just not in class."

The Froslass gijinka nodded, "Alright, thank you, Mr.Umbridge. I'll just mark her late if she's not in class within the next five minutes then."

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    (OOC: well , i can't do squat until the next class, unless margo decides to talk to warrick)

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    Kobora took out his schedule, and made his way through the halls to find the Modern Events classroom. "Alright...first day, and I gotta find the Modern Events room. Man, this won't be so easy." Kobora said until he stumbled into the Modern Events classroom, which had no students there. "Well...looks like I'm early." Kobora said before taking a seat in the back row.

Back