• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event THE AMAZING PC RACE - WHO WILL BE CROWNED PC'S FIRST EVER "AMAZING DUO"?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years

• The Amazing Race
    PokéCommunity Edition

uKEsFRV.png

Ladies & Gentlemen, LegendChu Productions proudly presents its latest venture, PC's version of one of the most popular Reality Shows on Television - The Amazing Race.

So what are the Rules of the game, how do you Register, who's in-charge of the decision making, what Prizes does the winner merit, all explained in detail below.

The Rules might seem like a lot, but its necessary to make you completely aware of how the game's going to progress. I've taken care to explain everything very clearly. And don't worry, as the game goes on, I'll explain the Rules with each Step :).

General Rules​

1. Before anything else, all Global Pokecommunity Rules apply here as well.
    2. This Event will require you to be reasonably active on PC, so please be ready for that.
    3. When you register, you got to choose One Pokemon from the "Starters Available" list (which you can find at the end of this Post). This Pokemon will be your Partner, throughout the course of the Event.
    4. A Pokemon can be chosen ONLY ONCE & will be on a first-come-first-served basis, for e.g. if a User has already chosen "Bulbasaur", another user CANNOT choose "Bulbasaur" as a Partner.
    5. There's a Registration Form at the end of this Post, just fill that & you'll be ready to go. Before that, read all other Rules to follow, very carefully.
    6. There might be a few twists & turns every now & then, to make the game more interesting, for e.g...... na na na I'm not gonna tell you all that, you'll know when I spring up a surprise, so be fully prepared for that ;).
    7. While most Rules will remain the same, throught the course of the Event, some Rules might have to be tweaked a bit for the betterment of the Event, but don't worry, you'll be informed in there's a need to do something like that.

Objective of the Game​

1. The objective of the game is to outlast all other Players & Win the game (obviously :P).
    2. This game will have Challenges (Pokemon related or Forum related), which the Contestants will participate in & try to win (all will be explained in the Rules below).
    3. After every round, losing Contestants will be Sent to the Detention Room (i.e. be at risk of being Eliminated from the game), which will be done either via Voting or by Direct Elimination (to be explained below).
    4. The eventual Winner(s) will be chosen by Voting (to be explained below) & will earn themselves the Title of PC's First Ever - AMAZING DUO.

Grand Prizes (Emblems)​

mhiqKKl.png
    Cx6W0tw.png
    3JzI7kV.png

Emblem Credit:- Revise Librarian

Board of Directors​

1. There will be a Board of Directors consisting of Me (LegendChu) & a few other soon to be named Members, who'll be overseeing the game to make sure its conducted smoothly & see to it that all Rules (PC Rules & also the Rules of this Game) are followed.
    2. I'll mostly be in-charge of putting up the Challenges. The Role of the other Members of the Board of Directors, will be explained in due course of time.
    3. The decisions of the Board of Directors will be final & abiding.
    4. If the need be, the Board of Directors will also be Voting to decided the eventual Winner.

Important Things to Know​

Here are a few terms u should be aware of, that will be used frequently in the game. For those who are aware of the original Amazing Race, please note that I've changed the meaning of these terms, to suit the needs of the Forum. Even for those who are not aware of the original series, don't worry, everything is explained in detail & you can always clear doubts, if there are any :).

PIT STOP

A Pit Stop will be the "Destination" where u'll be "traveling" to. Of course u won't be physically traveling, coz we're on a Forum :P.

You'll be "traveling" as in going to different parts of the Forum, which will be the "Pit Stops" (i.e. Destinations), either directly or have a Challenge based on any PC Forum, which will be put up on this Thread.

Let's say for e.g., the Pit Stop is "Pokemon Trivia", I'll ask you to do a Trivia Game based Challenge. If the Pit Stop is "The Playground", you'll be doing a non-Pokemon Game based challenge. If its "Pokemon Anime", then we'll have a Challenge based on the Anime. I'll explain every Challenge in detail, as & when they are put up :).

CHALLENGES

During the Course of the Event, Contestants will be required to take part in various Challenges, either Pokemon-Related, or Forum-related. Each Challenge will be explained in detail, as & when it is put up. The Winner(s) of each Challenge, will earn themselves safety from Elimination, for that leg of the Race.

There will be three Basic Types of Challenges.

1) ROADBLOCK - A Roadblock is a Challenge which will be done Individually.

2) INTERSECTION - An Intersection Challenge will require you to Team up with other other Contestants (might be any number of Contestants) & work together to complete the Challenge.

3) DETOUR - A Detour is a Challenge that require you to choose between two (or more) tasks. These can be either Roadblock or Intersection Challenges.

When we start the Event, there are going to be a lot of you (hopefully), so I might divide you into Teams, which means that initially you'll be doing Intersection Challenges & Detour Challenges. These Teams won't be permanent though & you might switch Teams any time, to keep things interesting. As the Game progresses, we'll move on Roadblock Challenges.

But there is not hard & fast rule to this, I may still have you do Roadblock Challenges, so just go with the flow.

SPECIAL LEGS & REWARDS

Every now & then, there will be Special Legs on the Event. Contestants who win a Special Leg Challenge(s), will earn themselves Special Rewards. The Winners will be made aware of that, after each Special Leg Challenge is over. There might be a time limit within which you can use a Reward, you'll be made aware of that as well, when you win a Reward.

But remember, I WILL NOT reveal which Leg of the Race is a Special Leg. The Winners will be sent their Rewards via PMs.

These are the Rewards that'll be up for grabs:-

1) FAST FORWARD - A Fast Forward will allow you to totally skip a Challenge. Once you use the Fast Forward, you will not only be skipping the Challenge, but you'll also earn yourself Immunity from being Eliminated for that Leg of the Race.

2) YIELD - A Yield will allow you to stop another Contestant from competing in a Challenge altogether. That Contestant will be up for Elimination directly, on that Leg of the Race.

3) SPEED BUMP - The Speed Bump allows you to force another Contestant, to do an Extra Challenge, on any Leg of the Race.

4) U-TURN - The U-Turn can ONLY be used during a Detour Challenge. The Contestant who wins this, can force another Contestant, to do both Challenges that a Detour Challenge presents.

5) SWITCHBACK - A Switchback allows you to nullify the effects of any of the above Rewards, i.e. you CAN compete in a Challenge even if you're "Yielded", DO NOT have to do the Extra Challenge if you face a "Speed Bump", nor do you have to do the second Challenge in case you face a "U-Turn". This can also be used to cancel a Contestant's "Fast Forward" advantage. And, you will be allowed to use this not only for yourself, but any other Contestant as well.

SPECIAL PASSES

There will also be a couple of Special Passes, which will be awarded to Contestants who win Special Challenges, which will be put up any time during the course of the Event.

How many Members will win this, that will be upto me to decide.

There will be two kinds of Special Passes that can be won - Express Pass & Salvage Pass. These Passes can be used AFTER Voting for Eliminations concludes.

1) EXPRESS PASS - The Contestant who receives the Express Pass, may use it to save themselves from Elimination, for any one Leg of the Race. There will be a Special Challenge to decide which Contestant(s) merit this.

2) SALVAGE PASS - The Contestant who receives the Salvage Pass, may use it to shift all Votes cast against them, to any other Contestant, who's in danger of Elimination, for any one Leg of the Race. Again, there will be a Special Challenge to decide which Contestant(s) merit this.

These Passes will be valid ONLY ONCE, so using them at the right time is the key.

Here are the details:-

1. I'll put up a Challenge, Pokemon-related or Forum-related, to give a chance to every Member, who's currently active at that time, to win The Express Pass or The Salvage Pass.
    2. To merit yourself either of these Passes, you need to PM the right answers to ME (i.e. LegendChu). I repeat, YOU'VE GOT TO "PM" THE ANSWER, NOT POST IT HERE, so take care of that, or you'll just end up helping others out :P.
    3. This will be on first-come-first-served basis. The first few people to complete the Challenge (I'll decide how many Passes I want to give out, it'll be anywhere between 1-4), will win themselves one of these Passes. You will be notified of the same via PM.
    4. These Passes will be unique pics, which the winners have to make sure they retain with them & use them when they feel appropriate.
    5. Once you win an Express Pass or a Salvage Pass, its upto you, whether you want to keep it a secret or not, when you want to play it etc.
    6. These Passes CANNOT be passed on to another Member. You can play this ONLY for yourself.
    7. These Passes can be played, after Votes are read. I'll give a specific time limit, within which you have to play them, if you don't, it won't be counted.
    8. To play these Passes, you got to say "I'LL USE MY EXPRESS PASS" or "I'LL USE MY SALVAGE PASS" & post the unique pic that has been sent to you via PM.
    9. After all the Passes have been used up, I'll put up the next question to give Members a chance to win more of these Passes.
    10. If after one of these Passes has been played by a Member & you don't see a Challenge come up, it means more Members are still in possession of these Passes, so plan accordingly.
    11. These Passes have to be played before the Final Leg of the Race. After that, all Passes will be invalid.

THE DETENTION ROOM & ELIMINATIONS

All Members who do not win safety from Elimination, will be sent straight to the Detention Room, which basically means they will be at risk of being Eliminated from the game.

Eliminations will take place in two ways:-

a) By Voting - Members will Vote for who they want to see eliminated for that Leg of the Race. You will either be Voting to eliminate a Member of your own team, or a Member of an opposing Team(s). You'll be made aware of that, before Eliminations take place. The other Members can use PMs/VMs to strategize whom they want to vote out.
    b) Direct Elimination - The Member/Members who are the last ones to finish a Challenge, gets Eliminated directly.

Mostly, we'll be doing Option 1, but in case I feel the need, we'll go for Option 2.

Here are the detailed Rules:-

1. After a Challenge is over, the losing Teams/Individuals will be sent to the Detention Room, where they will be at the risk of being Eliminated from the Race.
    2. The Votes are gonna be OPEN VOTES, which means that you have to cast your Votes on this Thread. There'll be no time limit, but make sure this doesn't take more than a day or I might have to introduce a time limit.
    3. In case of a Tie, we'll have a Re-Vote, where you can only Vote for the Members, who are part of the Tied Votes (I'd request you to avoid this, as it'll only take up more time).
    4. If its still a Tie, after the Re-Vote, I'll be left with no choice, but to eliminate all Members who are part of the Tied Votes. This will be ideal as repeated re-voting will waste too much time.
    5. All Eliminated Members however, will be given one more chance to get back into the Race, via a WILD CARD Leg, which will be explained in just a bit.
    6. If u do not Vote on Time or abstain from voting, u might be given individual/team disadvantages or it might be counted as a Self-Vote against u.
    7. There might be some Feedback Questions along with Voting (or Challenges). Plz make sure u answer them as well, or ur Answers/Votes might not be accepted.

WILD CARD LEG

1. The Wild Card Leg can happen at any time during the course of the Event.
    2. All Eliminated Members will be given the chance to compete in a Challenge (somewhat similar to the Express Pass & Salvage Pass Challenges), which they have to answer by sending a PM to ME (i.e. LegendChu). The First Two Members (or more if I decide so) to complete the Challenge, will be back in the Game & still have a chance to win it.
    3. All those members who don't complete the Challenge on time, will become Members of the SELECTION COMMITTEE (will be explained in just a bit), who will decide the eventual winner.

THE FINAL LEG

The Final Leg of the race, that is the Final Challenge, will be competed by all the remaining Contestants in the Competition. The Contestant(s) who finish at the bottom will be directly Eliminated & become the final Members of the Selection Committee. This will be the Semi-Finals of the Event.

The Winner​

All Contestants who are not Eliminated in the Final Leg, will make if to the Finals, where the Winner will be decided by Voting. Every Member who is on the Selection Committee (& if the need be, the Board of Directors as well), will take part in the Voting process.

THE SELECTION COMMITTEE

The Selection Committee will form the MOST IMPORTANT part of the game, as they will be the ones who'll decide the Winner of THE AMAZING PC RACE.

Here's how you become a Member of the Selection Committee & your Role:-

1. After the Wild Card Leg (see above), every member who doesn't make it back to the Race, will become a member of the Selection Committee, which means every Eliminated Member will eventually decide who wins the AMAZING PC RACE.
    2. The Members of the Selection Committee will have the freedom to analyze the game from their perspective on this Thread, right upto the Final Leg of the Event.
    3. The Selection Committee Members can discuss anything from who'll win upcoming challenges, speculate on what the challenges will be, who might have the Express/Salvage Passes & just about anything else related to the Game.
    4. After the Final Leg of the Race is over & we have our Finalists, each one of the Selection Committee Members, will Vote for their Favourite FINALIST, who they want to see as the winner of THE AMAZING PC RACE.

Now don't be a Shuckle, get out of your shell, put on those Running Shoes & start your journey towards being crowned PC's first ever - AMAZING DUO.

Registration Form (Registrations Closed)

Spoiler:

STARTERS AVAILABLE

Pikachu
    025.gif

Bulbasaur
    001.gif

Charmander
    004.gif

Squirtle
    007.gif

Meowth
    052.gif

Eevee
    133.gif

Chikorita
    152.gif

Cyndaquil
    155.gif

Totodile
    158.gif

Phanpy
    231.gif

Elekid
    239.gif

Treecko
    252.gif

Torchic
    255.gif

Mudkip
    258.gif

Skitty
    300.gif

Plusle
    311.gif

Minun
    312.gif

Turtwig
    387.gif

Chimchar
    390.gif

Piplup
    393.gif

Shinx
    403.gif

Pachirisu
    417.gif

Munchlax
    446.gif

Riolu
    447.gif

Snivy
    495.gif

Tepig
    498.gif

Oshawott
    501.gif

Purrloin
    509.gif

Emolga
    587.gif

Chespin
    650.gif

Fennekin
    653.gif

Froakie
    656.gif

Dedenne
    702.gif

Registered Members (Current Status)

WINNER

*Linyit - Pikachu (aka Pekachu)

RUNNER-UP

LadyLucina - Treecko (aka Telethia)

SECOND RUNNER-UP

DyingWillFlareon - Fennekin (aka Cinde)

SELECTION COMMITTEE

**LegendChu - Pikachu (aka M.O.U.S.E. - Miguel Octavius Uchikano Sebastian Essssssssssssstrada)

*Snivy88 - Minun (aka Minny)
    NinjaQueen - Elekid (aka Wattson)
    Salzorrah - Torchic (aka Pfeffora)
    Aquacorde - Mudkip (aka Chippewa)

0 - Cyndaquil (aka Syndaquil)
    HyperMorian - Chikorita (aka Emera)
    Waterproof - Skitty (aka Meow)
    Lelouch - Chimchar (aka Fire)
    *CatBountieHunter - Plusle (aka Nurse)
    *Faerydae - Pikachu (aka Wave)
    *AmetsuCAT - Emolga (aka Squirrly)
    Toucannon - Froakie (aka Richard Nixon)
    *Risnionia - Pikachu (aka Sinbad)
    *MizEileen - Dedenne (aka Majs)
    GreenLegend56 - Eevee (aka Ryuunosuke)
    LennieFrost - Piplup (aka Vash)
    Lugarugan - Snivy (aka Emily)
    UltimateUmbreon - Squirtle (aka Leonardo)
    PercyX - Riolu (aka Riot)
    Juno - Bulbasaur (aka Irving)
    t0gekiss - TurtwigFayt_darkblade - Totodile (aka Suigetsu)

ELIMINATED

*honey - Plusle
    *miragespot - Pachirisu (aka Tesla)
    EvilChameleon - Munchlax
    ordinaryOddball - Chespin (aka Glendale)
    Espeonica - Charmander (aka Ichigo)
    acatfrommars - Meowth (aka Watermelon)
    NeonJelly13 - Shinx (Eliminated)
    Imrul Quayes Adnan - Tepig
    pikachucookies - Oshawott

** = Not Eligible to win the Event. Also Member of the Board of Directors
    * = Wild Card Entrant

Teams​

Linyit, DyingWillFlareon, LadyLucina, NinjaQueen, Snivy88, Salzorrah, Aquacorde, AmetsuCAT, Faerydae, CatBountieHunter, Risnionia, MizEileen, Toucannon, 0

CSS by Revise Librarian

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • This should be a fun event- happy to have this over in Pokemon General! Hopefully the participants know what they're getting themselves into :P
    Hey thnx a lot man. I'm really excited about this ^^.

For those who were part of LegendChu Production's maiden venture, the recently concluded - Survivor PC, u know what to expect ;).

For those who weren't, well expect a lot of "FUN" & a lots of twists & turns, "LegendChu style" >:).

A few things here. This is an an attempt to recreate a TV Reality Show on a Forum, so of course replicating it to perfection is next to impossible. I'll try to make it as interesting as I can, but it won't be possible, without ur co-operation :).

Also, I know 26 Starters are a lot, they are just there so u have more options. But we'll start as soon as I think there are enough Members.

So guys what are u waiting for, start registering now ^^.

P.S. - Ya, I know the OP is bland for now :P, but I'll whip in a CSS soon.

Pika Pika :chu:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Maybe someone should send a mass pm to former survivor members to let 'em know. Maybe.
    I'll get back to u on that (have u done it already? :P).

Btw guys, also say hello to Forever, one of the members on the Board of Directors, who'll be helping me oversee the Event {:3}.

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
    Years
  • Deary, this sounds a bit complicated, but fun. I don't want to drag down the game like last time, so I'll think about joining, I now have a forum roleplay to attend and school stuff. Anyways, even if I don't participate, I wish the bets of luck to everyone!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I have to agree with the above... the amount of rules, challenges, and mechanics of this event seem a bit too much for me, let alone I know nothing about the show this is all based on. I'm almost positive I would get sloppy while playing or misunderstand of when and how to use a particular prize to hinder someone or help me during or before any particular challenge.

I'm excited to see what this is all about though, so I think I'll sit back and watch and if I like what I see, maybe I'll participate the next time. Good Luck to anyone attempting! :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have to agree with the above... the amount of rules, challenges, and mechanics of this event seem a bit too much for me, let alone I know nothing about the show this is all based on. I'm almost positive I would get sloppy while playing or misunderstand of when and how to use a particular prize to hinder someone or help me during or before any particular challenge.

I'm excited to see what this is all about though, so I think I'll sit back and watch and if I like what I see, maybe I'll participate the next time. Good Luck to anyone attempting! :)

I thought the same about PC Survivor and figured it out as I went. The long rules are more so you don't find any loopholes lol... and trust me when playing there's times you'll want to look for them. LegendChu will explain as you go - I totally think it's worth it!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • NAME GreenLegend56
    YOUR STARTER Eevee
    Are you aware of the original AMAZING RACE? I sure am
    STARTER NICKNAME Ryuunosuke. Eevee isn't no dragon, but has the pride and is fiery to match :P
    Alright, we have our first Member here, a former Survivor Contestant. Welcome Green, I'm sure u'll have as much as fun as we did on Survivor ^^.

Deary, this sounds a bit complicated, but fun. I don't want to drag down the game like last time, so I'll think about joining, I now have a forum roleplay to attend and school stuff. Anyways, even if I don't participate, I wish the bets of luck to everyone!
    Come on Kabocha, u have been on Survivor & u know how much I put into explaining stuff. And don't worry, this time u'll more or less be playing for urself.

And an Event isn't supposed to be just about winning or losing, its about having fun right, so come on register :).

Like Forever said, the detailing is there to make sure everyone understands how the game will progress. Many people had their doubts when I put up Survivor, but once we started playing, people got a hang of it & I can proudly say that it was one of the most successful Events ever on PC :).

And like I said, u don't need to know anything about the Show, coz replicating a Reality Show on a Forum isn't possible, so I've modified things so suit a Forum.

So come on buddy, give it a shot, I'm sure once u get the hang of things, u'll have a good time here. If u don't believe me, ask the people who were on my previous Event, Survivor PC. And I'm there to explain things, so don't worry, u'll be in safe hands.

And its assure u, its gonna be fun & damn crazy.

I'd really think u should register, so come on pick a Starter & get ur name in {:3}.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Hey how come u never told me u were a professional wrestling fan :P.

I know u'll give it ur best, no doubt about that {:3}.

I used to watch WWE when I was like 10 :P The Undertaker was my favorite lol

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    NAME (This will be your Pokecommunity User Name) - PercyX
    YOUR STARTER (A Pokemon from the "Starters Available" list just, below the Registration Form. Remember to take a look at Registered Members above you & make sure you don't choose a Pokemon, that has already been chosen)
    Riolu
    STARTER'S NICKNAME (optional)
    Riot
    Are you aware of the original AMAZING RACE? (Yes/No)
    No

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • NAME (This will be your Pokecommunity User Name) - PercyX
    YOUR STARTER (A Pokemon from the "Starters Available" list just, below the Registration Form. Remember to take a look at Registered Members above you & make sure you don't choose a Pokemon, that has already been chosen)
    Riolu
    STARTER'S NICKNAME (optional)
    Riot
    Are you aware of the original AMAZING RACE? (Yes/No)
    No
    Hey Percy, welcome man. Still loyal to the Rockets eh :P. But nice to have a country mate here ^^.

I used to watch WWE when I was like 10 :P The Undertaker was my favorite lol
    There u go :P

Spoiler:

PercyX

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Hey can you explain what we have to do during the whole event :/
    It seems I can't fully understand it .
    I mean , I understood the rewards part , special and privilege part but apart from that I am still in a loophole .

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Hey can you explain what we have to do during the whole event :/
    It seems I can't fully understand it .
    I mean , I understood the rewards part , special and privilege part but apart from that I am still in a loophole .
    Okay, this might be a Spoiler Alert, but if it makes things more clearer & gets more Members in, then why not {:3}.

Its basically, just like what u did on Survivor, compete in & complete Challenges. The difference here is, u might be "traveling" as in going to different parts of the Forum (which I referred to as "Pit Stops"), either directly or have a Challenge based on any forum on Pokecommunity put up here.

For e.g., if u r "traveling" to Pokemon Trivia, I might ask u to do a Trivia Game based Challenge. If u "travel' here i.e. on PGen, I may ask u to post Pokemon gifs/pics based on a certain theme. If u "travel" to Johto (Second Generation), there might be a "Bug-Catching Contest" etc. I'll explain every Challenge in detail, as & when they are put up :).

I hope everyone gets the basic idea now & we have more members joining in :).

PercyX

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Okay, this might be a Spoiler Alert, but if it makes things more clearer & gets more Members in, then why not {:3}.

Its basically, just like what u did on Survivor, compete in & complete Challenges. The difference here is, u might be "traveling" as in going to different parts of the Forum (which I referred to as "Pit Stops"), either directly or have a Challenge based on any forum on Pokecommunity put up here.

For e.g., if u r "traveling" to Pokemon Trivia, I might ask u to do a Trivia Game based Challenge. If u "travel' here i.e. on PGen, I may ask u to post Pokemon gifs/pics based on a certain theme. If u "travel" to Johto (Second Generation), there might be a "Bug-Catching Contest" etc. I'll explain every Challenge in detail, as & when they are put up :).

I hope everyone gets the basic idea now & we have more members joining in :).

So is it like spin the bottle (Truth n' dare ) but we never get to choose and never get to say Truth ?
    Sweet .

Back