• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Answering Machine

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Some people don't even know how to use the darn thing.

Okay, so I got out of the shower, and I couldn't reach the house phone on time. The answering machine came on with an automated greeting.

"Hello. We are not available at this moment. Please leave your name, number and a message after the tone. BEEEEEEEEEP."

The first thing people do after that message?

"HELLO? HELLO? HELLO? HELLO? HELLO?"

and there's this:

"HI. MAY I SPEAK TO <mom's name>? HELLO? HELLO MAY I SPEAK TO <mom's name>, PLEASE?"

As well as:

"...-6754. We look forward to your call. Thank you!"
    ^This is a message that was played DURING the automated greeting, and it was finished after the beep.

I facepalm every time I hear some of these messages, really. Which is one of the reasons why I stay away from the house phone and stick with my own phone.

/this has been a rant, I guess? lol

lol my mom once had hers set to "Call me!"

I never facepalm'd so hard in my life.

ust glad that the same doesn't happen to comments and posts. XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That does sound annoying. I know someone else's answering message was 'I'm not here. You know what to do! *beep*' but given those stories I guess it isn't entirely true. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Whats worse is when they don't even have their voice box activated. I've never drop-kicked anything before that. It was very fun =(^w^)=

Years
    HELLO? HELLO? MEGAN? THE LITTLE CHARACTER ICON IS GREY AND YOUR NOT HERE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. HELLO? YOU HERE? HELLOOO? RUDE.

Back