• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ash and Pikachu Show! (Season 3)

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    ANP #72: Mixed Genetics

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

Female announcer: And now, it's time for the Ash and Pikachu Show!

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene wearing his normal clothes and sunglasses)

Brock: Don't say you love me......then what would you like me to say? (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(We see a glimpse backstage, where Misty is briefing Mewtwo on what is about to happen onstage)

Misty: Remember, the people in the audience are not there to hurt you, they're here to enjoy themselves and learn about your story...and how Ash made you who you are today.

Mewtwo: I see...Ash taught me a lot about behaving properly around humans, but I'm still afraid of what is to come...

Misty: Well, in a few minutes, Ash is going to come onstage and tell the audience a little bit about you, then when he says it's time for you to come onstage, you come onstage.

Mewtwo(thinking): Don't come onstage until Sir Ash says so...okay. (to Misty) Then what happens?

Misty: You thank Ash for letting you come.

Mewtwo: And after that?

Misty: He'll probably start telling your tale to the audience...(Misty is about to say more when she hears applause. Mewtwo jerks back in fear)

Mewtwo: What was that????

Misty: That's just the audience applauding Ash...there's nothing to be afraid of.

Mewtwo:...Okay.... (He hovers over to the wings and watches Ash address the audience)

Ash: ...and just watching the Pokemon's tears revive me was enough to spur Mewtwo into changing his evil ways...but rather than me talking about it, why not have Mewtwo himself tell his side of the story? (some cheers)

Misty: Go on! That's your cue! (coaxes Mewtwo onstage, where he proceeds to shield his eyes from the spotlights)

(Nincadas chirp as Mewtwo nervously glances around the audience, mesmerized and afraid at the same time)

Misty(offstage): He has a little stage fright, Ash...

Ash: So I saw...let's watch this...it'll fill you in on Mewtwo's tale... (threads a reel in the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Mewtwo Strikes Back", part 1)

(We see a pair of CGI Ash hands overlooking a city, Ash looks on top of a building to see Mewtwo on the roof, looking down at him, then turns his attention to the city lights. the female announcer says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'!" as Mewtwo looks up at the sky. One of the constellations is Pikachu's face.)

(Mewtwo composes himself for a moment, then hovers over to a chair before Ash.)

Ash: Are we calmed down yet?

Mewtwo: I guess...(he feels the chair's arm, mesmerized by how it feels) So soft...

Brock(offstage): Attention please! (Mewtwo jumps back in surprise as Brock suddenly appears in a spotlight)

Misty: What is it?

Ash: You scared Mewtwo here! (gestures to the quivering Mewtwo.)

Brock: I just wanted some attention. (a rimshot is heard, making the audience laugh)

Mewtwo: I don't understand...

Ash: It's a joke...usually when you say "Attention please", you usually have something important to tell everyone... (Mewtwo thinks about it, then snickers a little when he finally gets the joke.)

Mewtwo: Tell me more about this 'laughter'...

Misty: Laughter is the sound made when an audience thinks something's funny.

Mewtwo: Oh...

Ash: Another thing we like doing on a show is dancing...moving our bodies to music, like this!

(Music begins as Ash does a quick tap dance, dancing offstage when he's done. The audience applauds)

Mewtwo: Interesting....

(Ash dances back onstage, to the audience's applause)

Brock: It's a lot more fun when you dance with a partner...(he sweeps Misty in his arms) Maestro...

(a jazzy beat begins, which Brock and Misty proceed to swing dance to. The audience applauds when they're done.)

Mewtwo: Beautiful....that looked very beautiful...

Misty: Thanks...

(Ash glances at an onstage clock for a moment)

Ash: We've got time to show Mewtwo another act... (to Mewtwo) This is the part of the show where Brock and the house band usually sing a song, but they need a minute to get ready...

Mewtwo: Music sounds interesting...but if everyone needs time to prepare, I can wait. (settles in the chair as Ash starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Mewtwo Strikes Back", part 2)

(guitar intro as we look in on Brock and the band playing in the theater)

(Ash joins in on whistle...much to Combusken's chagrin. She stomps over and shoots Ash The Look. Ash quickly stops playing and pockets the whistle. Brass and steel drums continue as the light comes up on Brock strumming to the beat.)

(Ash dashes backstage and resumes playing his whistle, much to the delight of Bonsly, Togepi and Pichu, they dash onstage before Brock can solo.)

Brock: One sunny morning, I got up late,
    And there were these Mankeys outside the gate!
    (Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu run around Brock's feet)
    The guards tried to stop them, they had no luck,
    The Mankeys broke free and they ran amok!
    (Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu run offstage, forcing Brock to chase after them)
    I don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Brock: I don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Brock: So I dropped by to see the studio nurse, (we see Nurse Joy tending to some Pokemon)
    I came downstairs, and what could be worse?
    The Mankeys were doing a crazy dance,
    (we see Bonsly and Pichu dancing)
    And they put Ledybas inside my pants! (we see Togepi do just that, making Brock dance along with Bonsly and Pichu)

Brock: Mankeys dance, and I dance too!

Brock: I ran onstage, and grabbed a stick, (Brock swipes a drumstick nearby the drummer)
    I'm telling you guys, those Mankeys were quick! (Brock is shocked at what he sees back in the Pokemon Center)
    Cause when I returned, much to my disgrace,
    The Mankeys had Nurse Joy in a warm embrace!
    (Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu cling to Nurse Joy)

Nurse Joy: I don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Pichu: For a credit, I'll give you a clue!

Togepi: I didn't know your eyes were so blue!

Brock: I don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

(Brock dashes outside to escape the babies. Ash takes this opportunity to solo with the band. He continues to play as Brock dashes back inside and all around the backstage area.)

Brock: I went for a bath, took a shower, and shave,
    The Mankeys gonna send me off to my grave!
    The entire bathroom was laid to rest,
    And they tried to shave my head with toothpaste!
    (We see Brock with a mound of toothpaste on his head as Pichu and Togepi prepare to shave him, or try to. Brock races from the bathroom before the shaving begins)
    I don't know what to say, the Mankey's won't do!

Brock: These guys are crazy, I'm telling you!

Brock: Now by this time, and without much flair,
    They used a basting brush to comb my hair!
    (We see Togepi and Pichu doing just that, making Brock's hair stick up in fifteen defferent directions)
    I asked them to leave, but they stayed around,
    They pulled the handle and I went down!
    (Pichu flushes Brock down the toilet)

Brock: Call my agent, I'm fixing to sue!

(Ash and the band solo again as Brock chases the babies, but Combusken stops Ash mid-solo. A dust cloud ensures as Ash and Combusken fight each other. Brock gets pulled into the fray as Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu dance by with maracas. Before they can dance out the stage door, Brock finds them, and the chase resumes again.)

Brock: My patience ran out, and this time for sure,
    I am gonna show those Mankeys the door!
    And if they don't leave, I'm inviting you,
    (Brock throws on an apron and enters his dressing room, where a pot is simmering on the stove)
    To my place for dumplings and Mankey stew! (We see Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu in the pot)

Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do! (they continue cooking Brock)

Brock: Now I'm in the stew...oh pooh...

Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do! (Brock escapes the pot and runs away!)

Brock: Watch out for Mankeys, I'm telling you!

Bonsly, Togepi, Pichu, Ash and Nurse Joy: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu: We're not Mankeys, we're just cuckoo!

Bonsly, Togepi, Pichu, Ash, and Nurse Joy: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Ash: Cha-cha-cha! (applause as everyone bows. Mewtwo is laughing profusely.)

Mewtwo: That was a very funny song! (wipes away a tear of laughter) This feeling of pleasure...it feels so wonderful! (settles back in the chair as Misty starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Mewtwo Strikes Back", part 3)

(We join, Ash, Misty, Mewtwo, and Pikachu onstage)

Misty: Now tonight wasn't so bad, was it?

Mewtwo: No, I very much enjoyed myself...when's the next one?

Ash: Tomorrow night at the same time! See you then! (waves goodbye)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. On Our Way reprise plays as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #073: The Gale and the Mastermind!

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene wearing his normal clothes and sunglasses, looking at a picture of a girl)

Brock: I know she's evil, but she's still pretty! (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage and waves to the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight we focus on a rather interesting theory concerning Shadow Pokemon...you all remember the whole Mirage Pokemon incident?

Random audience member: Yeah, they made your voices sound awful!

Ash: Don't blame the Mirage Pokemon, the stunt doubles did a lot of the filming, and it was them you heard talking! (Misty is nearby with a notepad)

Misty: Note to self: Remind producers to fire current stunt doubles and hire new ones that sound good! (writes in the notebook)

Ash: Anyway...something similar to that incident happened in Orre with Shadow Pokemon, and joining us tonight is the adventurer that stopped the spead of the Shadows...please welcome Rich to the stage. (leads the applause as a boy with long blue hair clad in black Western attire appears onstage and shakes hands with Ash)

Rich: Thank you..it's a pleasure to be with you tonight, Ash.

Ash: The pleasure's all ours. (he gets comfortable in a chair while Rich settles into a second chair facing Ash) So, how exactly did this whole adventure start?

Rich: Well, Ash, as you probably know, I am the champion of Larousse City's Battle Tower---a place I've seen you at before, in fact. It wasn't always that way. I had forfeited my championship and vanished into seclusion......this is still hard for me to talk about today.....when my parents and fiancee---or so I thought, in the latter's case, were killed in the bombing of Wishmaker Tower. I hid with my sorrows for four years before deciding to make a comeback, and during my comeback it was my now-wife Anabel who told me about Enigma Shadow's evil deeds for the first time. So in short, that's really how I first ended up becoming the third Snagger of Shadow Pokémon.

Brock(offstage): Anabel's your lover? (Brock appears onstage and settles in a third chair) No wonder she said she was taken!

Ash: I'm asking the questions, okay? (to Rich) As I was saying, what kinds of activities was this Enigma Shadow doing?

Rich: First off, they were manufacturing Shadow Pokémon in the way Cipher used to. That's what I initially got involved in. Later on, we discovered that the Shadow Pokémon were just part of an evil plot of world domination they held, which also involved stealing important treasures from the Metalico Islands. These treasures were rumored to lead the way to Ho-oh, so you can imagine why they wanted to get them.

Ash: What were these treasures?

Rich: The treasures were five precious gems known as the Element Plates. All five Metalico Islands had one---Sapphire Isle, Port Emerald, Ruby Island, Pearl Key, and Diamond Rock---that corresponded to the island it was on.
    (Rich is about to elaborate on this, when we hear a crash backstage.)
    Ash: What's going on?

May(offstage): Munchlax's trying to raid the pantry again...

Ash: I think we'd better go to commercial...this could take a while...(gets up and heads backstage)

Rick: Take your time, I can wait.

(We see a pair of animated Ash hands looking up at Citidark Isle. The female announcer says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'!" as the camera zooms in to focus on the Cipher fortress. One of the lava flows surrounding the island is a Pikachu face)

(We rejoin Ash and Rich onstage)

Ash: Now that we have that out of the way...did the Elemental Plates have powers?

Rich: Seperate, no. But when all five were brought together at Sulfur Hill---a large rocky peak in the center of the Metalico Islands---it was prophesized that Ho-oh would then be awakened. Obviously it turned out to be true, but I did not witness the awakening.

Ash: What happened once Ho'oh awakened?

Rich: It's a bit complicated. When the legend was awakened we were already back in Larousse City and battling my fiancee, the one who I thought was dead, who actually was the evil leader of Enigma Shadow. She was very close to victory as well, seeing as she had summoned Groudon with her dark powers to help her, but the man who awakened Ho-oh arrived with it at a decisive moment, just the right time for us to rally and stop her mad plans. I have video footage of the battle. (holds up a reel to illustrate his point)

Ash: We'll watch it once Brock sings whatever song he has planned-- (another crash is heard) Uh oh...

Brock(offstage): Busy chasing Munchlax, so can't sing at the moment...

Misty(offstage): Peach and her crew are coming, and I've already told them what to sing!

Ash: Thanks, Misty! (applause as Peach and the Poketones appear in a spotlight in their semicircle)

(music begins)

Peach: I wasn't jealous before we met
    Now every guy I see is a potential threat
    And I'm possessive, it isn't nice
    You've heard me saying that smoking was my only vice

But now it isn't true
    Now everything is new
    And all I've learned has overturned
    I beg of you...

Don't go wasting your emotion
    Lay all your love on me

It was like shooting a sitting duck
    A little small talk, a smile and baby I was stuck
    I still don't know what you've done with me
    A grown-up woman should never fall so easily

I feel a kind of fear
    When I don't have you near
    Unsatisfied, I skip my pride
    I beg you dear...

Lay all your love on me
    Don't go sharing your devotion
    Lay all your love on me

I've had a few little love affairs
    They didn't last very long and they've been pretty scarce
    I used to think that was sensible
    It makes the truth even more incomprehensible

'Cause everything is new
    And everything is you
    And all I've learned has overturned
    What can I do...

Lay all your love on me
    Lay all your love on me

Lay all your love on me
    Lay all your love on me

Lay all your love on me
    Lay all your love on me!
    (wild applause as Peach leads the bows)

Rich: Very nice! (applauds)

Peach: My pleasure, pardner! (hurries offstage. Rich threads his reel in the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"The Enigma Battle!")

(We join Ash, Pikachu, and Rich onstage)

Ash: Well, we're almost out of time...I never knew the interview would take that long...

Rich: It's okay, I enjoyed my stay here tonight.

Ash: See ya next time! (waves goodbye)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. On Our Way reprise plays as the credits roll.)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #074: Moonlit Shadows

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene wearing his normal clothes and sunglasses)

Brock: I ain't fraid of no ghosts! (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage to greet the crowd)

Ash: Thank you...tonight we look at a rather "spirited" group of Pokemon, if you will...the Ghost type!

(a spotlight appears at stage right, but nobody enters)

Ash(whispering): Haunter, you're on!

(Suddenly, Ash feels a presence behind him...he turns around to see Haunter and yelps in surprise, prompting the audience to laugh)

(Misty peeks onstage, concerned about Ash's cry)

Misty: What's the matter?

Ash: Haunter surprised me!

Misty: He's a Ghost Pokemon, that's his job. (more laughter as Ash blushes, embarrassed. Suddenly, the projector turns on by itself...Misty whirls around to see Haunter operating the projector...)

(CARTOON-"Haunter vs. Kadabra", part 1)

(We see a pair of live Ash hands fumbling around in the dark. He opens a closet and is surprised when Haunter pops out! Haunter laughs as the female announcer says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'!", then flies off. We notice his trail of smoke forms a Pikachu face)

(We rejoin Haunter backstage. He is obviously enthralled with all the props and costumes...until he spots Bonsly sleeping nearby the drawing board. He flashes a blue light in Bonsly's face...which is enough to make Bonsly cry)

(Brock hears Bonsly's wailing from the makeup room and rushes to see what's the matter)

Brock: What's going on here?

Ash: Haunter scared Bonsly...

Brock: Did that mean old ghost scare you, little guy? (Bonsly nods. Haunter is not pleased with being called mean and old)

Ash: You know, Haunter...scaring others isn't such a good idea... (Haunter sighs as Misty settles in before the drawing board)

Misty: Ash is right, you know... (goes to work)

(On Our Way interlude as the title appears: "'Back to the Drawing Board' with Misty" Misty's face appears in the o in Board.)

(A white screen appears)

(Brock is drawn on the screen in his normal clothes)

Brock: You're not plotting to scare me, are you?

(A pie appears out of nowhere and hits Brock with a SPLUT!)

Misty(voiceover): Okay, Haunter, that's enough...(Haunter laughs as Brock cleans off the pie. The pencil draws a background of an old house) How'd you like to do a little ghostbusting?

Brock: Sounds fun!

Misty(voiceover): The only catch is: You have to use this. (the pencil draws an odd vacuum cleaner-like device on Brock)

Brock: Who do I look like, Luigi?

(the pencil proceeds to draw Brock as Luigi as the "Luigi's Mansion" theme plays. Haunter laughs profusely)

Misty(voiceover): Haunter thinks you do. (a record scrape is heard as Misty erases the Luigi outfit off of Brock) Now, go bust some ghosts!

Brock: Well, first I have to FIND some ghosts to bust...(he starts down a hallway of the old house. Some lightning flickers outside.)

(Hours later, Brock stops to rest in the foyer of the mansion)

Brock: I've searched this old mansion from top to bottom, and not a ghost anywhere!

Misty(voiceover): This help? (the pencil draws a Game Boy Horror Advance)

Brock: Yeah, thanks! (switches on the device, making all the Ghost Pokemon in the room appear)

Misty(voiceover): Go to it, Ghostbuster!

(We see scenes of Brock vacuuming up the various ghosts in the different rooms...when we return to the foyer, there is not a ghost to be found)

Brock: Luigi would be proud of me, I bet. (smiles as we see a flash of lightning spell "The End" from the window)

(Haunter laughs as he draws several Gastlys and Shuppets into existence. Misty is not amused as she draws the last scene)

Misty: If you guys would behave yourselves, I bet Brock would sing you a song...

(Haunter leads the other ghosts onstage, where Brock and the band are tuning up)

Brock: Okay, I'll give you a taste of my boo-tiful songs... (laughter as Brock finishes tuning his guitar)

(an upbeat techno tune begins, prompting the ghosts to dance)

Brock: I'm in the mood for dancing, romancing,
    Whoa, giving it all, tonight!
    I'm in the mood for chancing, I feel like dancing!
    Hoo!
    Come on and hold me tight!

Dancing!
    (dancing!)
    I'm in the mood, babe!
    So let the music play!
    Dancing!
    (dancing!)
    I'm in the mood, babe!
    So get up and let your body sway!

[dance break-We see Ash, Misty, May, Pikachu, and the ghosts grooving to the song as Brock solos]

Brock: I'm in the mood for dancing, romancing,
    You know I should never stop tonight!
    I'm in the mood, I'm in the mood, I'm in the mood,

To dance! Get up and dance! Come on and dance!
    I'm in the mood to take a chance!
    Yeah, let's dance! Come on and dance!
    I'm in the mood to take a chance!
    Yeah, let's dance! Come on and dance!
    Get on your feet! Now make your dance!
    Let us dance! Come on and dance!....

(Haunter dances over to the projector and starts it as Brock continues singing "Yeah, lets dance! Come on and dance! I'm in the mood to take a chance!" and everyone continues dancing)

(CARTOON-"Haunter vs. Kadabra", part 2)

(We rejoin the cast and the ghosts. Everyone else is tired, but Pikachu and Haunter keep dancing as an instrumental of "I'm in the Mood For Dancing" plays softly in the background)

Ash: Well, that was fun...

Misty: I'll say... (the ghosts sigh in agreement)

Ash: Not to mention we're out of time for tonight...Brock, take us out of here.

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye, then continues dancing with Haunter. Brock sings the second verse of "I'm in the Mood For Dancing" as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #075: The Pika's Choice Awards

Brock: And the nominees are... (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(applause as Ash runs onstage and waves to the crowd)

Ash: Thank you, and welcome to our third viewer's choice season finale!...

Misty(offstage): One more and we'll hit a hundred shows! (applause)

Ash: Very true. (he pauses to grab some envelopes lying on a table) In my hands lie what you, the fans, have chosen as the best of this season...

(Before Ash can say any more, the spotlight comes up on a giant dictionary)

Ash: What the?

(drumroll)

Male announcer: And now, Brock sings every word in the dictionary! (a bouncy tune begins as Brock dances out onstage before the dictionary, which opens to the first page of the A's. Brock points to each word as he sings it)

Brock: Aardvark, abating, aback, advocating, abandon, abate and abreast.... (Ash hides his face in his hands, embarrassed, as Brock continues) Ablaze and ablusion, abhor and abusion, abbriviate, abbey, abcess... (Misty sighs as she comes onstage. Brock continues singing words in the background as she talks to Ash)

Misty: The fans didn't ask to see this, did they?

Ash: I don't remember them asking for this....(checks the envelopes and opens one, then starts to the projector. Brock just continues to rattle off words as Ash starts the projector...)

(CARTOON-"Island of the Giant Pokemon")

(We see a pair of live Ash hands receiving an envelope. He steps out onstage and opens it as the female announcer says "You're watching 'The Ash and Pikachu Show'! The seal on the envelope is a sticker of Pikachu's face)

(We join Ash and Misty backstage as Brock continues to rattle off words)

Misty: What inspired him to do something as crazy as singing the dictionary?

Ash: Beats me...but pack a lunch, because singing the dictionary will take a pretty long while...plus, who's gonna sing the winning song if Brock's busy singing the dictionary?

Misty: That reminds me...we have a new addition to the cast...

Ash: Oh?

Misty: All the way from the Shinou region, and one of their best singers! Her name's Kari.

Ash: If I show you the winning comic, I'd like to introduce myself to her while you draw it.

Misty: I asked May to make her feel welcome, so she should be getting comfy in her dressing room.

Ash: Okay, then....here's the comic... (opens the envelope in question and shows the paper inside to Misty, who nods and goes to work as Ash heads for the dressing rooms. A Mudkip climbs on the drawing board to watch)

(On Our Way interlude plays as the title card appears: "'Back to the Drawing Board' with Misty" Misty's face appears in the o in "Board")

(A blank screen appears, simulating a blank piece of paper)

(Brock is drawn on the screen in his normal clothes)

Mudkip(voiceover): Kip kip!

Misty(voiceover): You're wondering how Brock would fare on a road trip? (the pencil draws Brock behind the wheel of a van against the background of a highway. He drives along for a while....)

Mudkip(voiceover): Mud kip!

Misty(voiceover): Okay, I'll put a few passengers back in the back. (the pencil draws Ash, May, Crystal, Whitney, and various Pokemon in the back seat)

Ash: A hundred bottles of beer on the wall, a hundred bottles of beer on the wall, if one of those bottles should happen to fall, ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall...

Everyone else: Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall... (Brock sighs as he continues to drive on...)

(Hours later, the ongoing rendition of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" is starting to get to Brock...)

Ash, et al: Sixty-six bottles of beer on the wall, sixty six bottles of beer on the wall, if one of those bottles should happen to fall---

Brock: Could you guys sing something else? Please?

Crystal: Why?

Brock: I'm getting sick of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"!

Ash: Okay! I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves; I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes...

Everyone else: I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves; I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes...

Brock: Let me rephrase that... (we notice the map has a place marked "The End")

(Back in the dressing rooms, May is helping a brown haired girl clad in a black shirt, a pink skirt to match, and a white floppy hat with a red Poke Ball on it. Judging from the various items strewn about the room, this room is to be the new girl's dressing room. Ash peeks in just as May finishes putting up a changing screen and starts to wire a digital piano)

Ash: How's the unpacking going?

May: Just fine! Kari says she's glad to be here, and looks foward to singing with Brock...(to the girl) Kari, this is Ash, the host of the show...he'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Kari: Sounds good! (she unzips her next suitcase and produces a few pieces of cookware, one of which has a pie inside.) I made this little treat just for you.

Ash: Oh boy...let me have it!

Kari: Here ya go! (throws the pie at Ash with a SPLUT!)

Ash: I didn't mean let me have it that way... (May laughs at Ash storms off to clean up)

May: Did I mention Kari's a bit of a trickster? (Kari giggles as Torchic hops up to the projector and starts it...)

(CARTOON-"Premiere for the Prince of the Sea!")

(Meanwhile, Brock rests by the dictionary as Ash and Misty return to the stage with Kari. Ash is cleaning off the last of the pie, and Misty is eating some ice cream)

Ash: Taking a break, Webster? (laughter)

Brock: One letter down, 25 more to go! (gestures to the dictionary, which is now on the first page of the B's)

Ash: By the way, this is our latest cast member, Kari...all the way from the Shinou region! (applause)

Brock: Oh, really?

Ash: Kari, this is Brock, our resident singer...(to Brock) You don't mind if she sings tonight, do you?

Brock: Course not! (is about to resume singing words when he notices Kari inspecting the ingredients on Misty's ice cream) What's so great about the ingredients in ice cream?

Kari(reading the ingredients): Zinc trisodium asprertate, sorbitol and bisulfate; oxide beta carotene, (she starts reading more rhythmically) Lactic acid, carob bean...(she starts singing to the tune of the Can Can) Grade A milk, emulsified, malto dextrin alkalide, silicon deoxylide, lots of sugar...

Ash: Hey, all right!

Kari(still reading the ingredients): Calcified synthetic salt, artificial barley malt, glycerine and aspertate, folic acid...

May: That tastes great!

Kari, Ash and May(all reading the ingredients): Monosodium glutamate, dehydrated calceinate, soybean oil, butter fat, caramel center...

Misty: I'll eat that... (takes a bite of the aformentioned caramel center)

Kari and May: Hooray for sugar, cause we love it! Chocolate chips, we want more of it! Taste so nice, they want to shove it down our throats real fast! (Misty swallows another bite of ice cream)

Misty: First we sing the dictionary, then we sing the ingredients in my ice cream, so what's next? Singing all the nations of the world or all the numbers beyond zero?...

Pikachu: Pika chu... (tiptoes to the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden")

(We join the cast onstage)

Ash: Well, that was certainly different....

Misty: I'll say... (finishes her ice cream)

Ash: At any rate, Kari, welcome aboard to the show... (applause)

Kari: Thank you....I'm glad to be here.

Ash: See you next time, and next season! (he and the cast wave goodbye)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll)

THE END

END SEASON 3

Back