• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Beaten Drum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Anna passes a glass of Dr Pepper over to the newcomer. "Here you are, sir. And welcome," she smiles.

[Limanya, I don't mind if you RP as a troll. However... I've been exposed to second- and third-hand Homestuck a fair bit. And if you are to RP as a troll or two, I'd advise you to keep their personalities but ditch the unreadable mangled text-speak crap. If I remember correctly, even Hussie says it isn't cute and shouldn't be used for actual communication. And an RP-ish thing like this kind of relies on being able to understand one another.]

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • "Thanks love." Arma said as Anna filled up his glass. He drank all of it in one big gulp, being unable to greet the man who just walked in.

"Aaah, nothing better to quench some serious thirst, wouldn't you say sir?" He said to the new guest, with a content smile on his face.

Limanya

Page of Breath
    Years
  • As soon as Dirk and Jake finished their drinks, two others came walking in. 'Ac comes and says hello!' said the smaller one. Both of them looked really weird, and Jake and Dirk didn't know if they looked like that. 'Nepeta, i must ask you to stop. I already have forbidden you from roleplaying on Trollian.' said the larger one. He had a grey skin, orange horns of which one was broken and broken sunglasses. 'Aww, come on! You can't pawssibly say that, Equius!' said the smaller one. This one wore a long green coat, with a blue tail coming out of it. Her horns, unlike the arrow-shaped horns of the other, were shaped like cat ears. She had messy black hair, though most of it was under her cat-shaped hat. 'Who are those guys?' asked Jake. 'I don't know, they look familliar but i don't really know.' answered Dirk. The large troll, whose name appeared to be Equius, walked to Anna. 'Lowblood. Two glasses of milk please. A STRONG glass for me, i break them easily.' he said. 'My meowrail is really strong!' said Nepeta. 'What's a meowrail?' asked Jake. 'I dunno. Might ask them later.' said Dirk.

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
    Years
  • He took a sip of his Dr. Pepper. "Ahhhh, nothing better then to quench some serious thrist, wouldn't you say sir?" said one of the people here. It was the boy drinking Ice Tea. "Indeed." He replied. After a minute or so, more people came in...loudly. "This place just got livelier, wouldn't you say?" He said to the boy next to him, "Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Louis. Louis Cypher. Nice to meet you." He offered a hand-shake to the boy. (If you get the reference in the name, you get 50 awsome points)

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    Jude noticed he zoned out, then ran to Jake and Dirk to meet their friends.
    "Hey! I am Jude, Jake and Dirk's friend." He reached out his hand.
    Before they could shake, a young boy ran in though the door. "JUUUUUUUDE!"
    "Brad. Shut up." Jude said.
    "So, whats up?", he looked to his right and noticed Jake, Dirk and they two others, "Jude? Who are these people?"
    "Brad! Don't be rude. These are Jake, Dirk, and two others I was about to meet."
    "Oh, sorry, guys. I am Brad. Nice to meet you."
    "So, who are your friends, Jake and Dirk?" asked Jude.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • (@ZeganZoma: I guess I'm in a bit of luck, the movie aired last week on tv. Robert De Niro :p Oh and btw, my character is around 20 years old, not just a boy XD)

"It sure has! I hope they won't be turnin' into the bunch of troublemakers I expected them to be."
    Arma Reached out and gave the man a firm handshake. "Ah, I'm Arma Smith, pleased to meet'cha Louis!"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Anna was slightly taken aback by the newcomers. Also, she was not entirely sure why she was being called a lowblood- whatever that was. It seemed a bit derogatory. But... her job was to keep things running smoothly, not judge nor take offence. "We really only have one type of glass for regular drinks and it's... normal. Er, do try not to break them, we only have so many..."

In spite of her misgivings, she filled two glasses with milk and handed them over.

Limanya

Page of Breath
    Years
  • 'Thank you, lowblood.' said Equius as he walked to the table. 'Let me carry that, you'll break it!' said Nepeta. 'They? We don't really know them...' said Jake, still wondering who they were. 'Equius, i'll hold the glass. You can't break another one!' said Nepeta, who appeared to be good friends with Equius. 'Hey! You there!' said Dirk. 'What are you doing?' said Jake, a bit angry at Dirk. 'Hm?' asked Nepeta, who just sat there. 'Who are you, and what are you?' asked Dirk. 'Dirk!' said Jake, and he kicked Dirk under the table. 'I'm a troll!' said the girl. 'I thought trolls looked different.' said Jake. 'But wait..I guess i've once seen one of you.' said Jake. 'You don't know her. Go on.' said he quickly. 'As i said before, i'm a troll. We live on Alternia, though i have no idea why i'm here. You can recognize a troll quite easily, you know. Grey skin, orange horns and yellow eyes. Well, except for one of us. But i don't think he'll come soon.' said the girl. 'Oh! My name is Nepeta, by the way. That's my meowrail, Equius.' said Nepeta. 'What's a meowrail?' asked Jake. 'Troll romance. We're in the pale quadrant, moirallegance. We're moirails. It's pretty difficult to understand, even though i'm the one who knows the most about it!' said Nepeta. 'Oh. Okay, then.' said Jake, a little dissapointed. 'Excuse me, i need to get back to Equius.' said Nepeta. 'Wait! Your moirail said something about lowbloods! What does that mean?' asked Jake quickly. 'Caste system!' said Nepeta, before helping Equius again. 'I guess they have different blood colours or something. I don't know.' said Dirk. 'Though that is pretty weird.' said he quickly.

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
    Years
  • (@elamasecreta Although you got the wrong reference, you still get 50 awsome plus 25 more for getting another reference I know.)

"It sure has! I hope they won't be turnin' into the bunch of troblemakers I expected them to be." The boy said. 'Hate to break it to ya kid, but I can tell they will.' I thought to myself. The boy shook my hand firmly and introduced himself as Arma Smith. And under closer inspection he wasn't a boy, but a man slightly younger then me. Musta been something in my eyes if I made that mastake.

My stomach started to growl, and the only thing on my mind was steak. I looked over and saw the bartender filling some glasses with milk. She had a worried look on her face, which tells me something might've happened while I was talking to Arma. "'Cuse me miss, but would you happen to have some steak? If you do, I'd like to place an order for a medium-rare steak." I turned to Arma and said, "Would you like some? My treat."

Limanya

Page of Breath
    Years
  • 'Equius, where's my husktop?' asked Nepeta as soon as they finished their milk. 'In your bag.' 'Okay then.' said Nepeta, and she took a laptop-like thing out of her bag. She opened it, and opened Trollian. 'I guess everyone is here somewhere.' said Equius, who was looking. 'Yes, and i think i'd best try and contact someone.' Nepeta clicked on button, and a list appeared with names. She clicked on 'grimAuxiliatrix', and started talking.
    'Catnaya? Are you there?'
    'Yes, why?'
    'I'm in a pub, and Equius is with me. Could you come?'
    'If i could open the viewport, yes. But Sollux is nowhere to be seen. Try asking him.'
    'Okay, thanks! Bye Kanaya!'
    Nepeta closed the window, and clicked on 'twinArmageddons'.
    'Sollux?'
    'Yes?'
    'Where are you?'
    'I have no idea. Where are you?'
    'In a pub somewhere. Try opening the viewport.'
    'Okay, done. I can see you, should i come there?'
    'Yes, please! I'll wait for you! Equius is with me!'
    'Oh cod no. Not that snob.'
    'Don't worry! I'll make sure everything will end well.'
    'Alright. I'll be right there.'
    Nepeta closed her husktop, and watched the door.
    And watched.
    And watched.
    But didn't see anything red or blue.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • "Steak it it, sir- coming right up." Anna glances down the counter and gathers a few empty glasses that have gathered there. May as well tidy up while nothing much was happening, right?

Limanya

Page of Breath
    Years
  • 'Dirk, should we go?' asked Jake. 'Nah, it's about to get fun.' said Dirk, watching Equius and Nepeta. Nepeta stared at the door, but saw Dirk sometimes and giggled. 'What is she waiting for?' asked Jake. 'I dunno. Proably one of her friends.' he said. The door suddenly opened, a blue and red glow around it made Nepeta aware of what was happening. Someone walked in, and Nepeta immiediatly jumped on him. 'Sollux!' she said. The boy, whose name appearantly was Sollux, groaned. He raised a hand slightly, and Nepeta slowly flew off the boy. He stood up and sat next to Nepeta. 'Tho what wath it?' he asked. 'So that must be the one Nepeta was talking about.' said Dirk. 'I don't know...Just look at him! Are that...3D-glasses? And why does he have four horns? And..that..that lisp!' said Jake. 'Who is that?' asked Dirk to Nepeta. 'He? He's one of us too!' said Nepeta. 'What's your name?' asked Dirk. 'Tholluxth.' answered the boy. 'Sollux!' said Nepeta at the same time. 'Okay. And what did you do with Nepeta and the door?' asked Jake quickly. 'Thith.' said he, and he raised his hand slightly. Dirk's shades floated in the air, then were grabbed out of the air by Sollux. He took his glasses off, and Jake saw his eyes before Sollux sat there with Dirk's shades. 'Your eyes!' said Jake. 'Yeth?' 'They...they..' 'I wath born with it, you know.' he thaid, sorry, said. He raised his hand again and a moment later Dirk had his own shades back. 'I can do more.' he said. 'But that ithn't a good idea to do here.' said Sollux. 'Sollux, could you help me with the viewport?' asked Nepeta. 'Of courthe.' he said. He pressed a few buttons, and Kanaya appeared on the screen.
    'Catnaya! I can see you!'
    'Oh. So i guess Sollux is with you?'
    'Yes!'
    'That's good, i guess.'

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Jared decided that he hadn't gone to eat out for a while, so it was time he visited his favorite little restaurant, The Beaten Drum. He entered the establishment and went straight to his old usual spot up at the counter, near where he saw his old pal Anna tidying up some glasses. He sat down and waited for her to notice him, tapping his fingers in a simple four beat pattern while waiting.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Anna spotted Jared and wandered over to him. "Heyyyy! Haven't seen you around here in a while. Want anything? Chicken? Burgers? Looking for a fob watch?"

-Jared-

Years
  • "Already got a fob watch at home, but thanks anyways!" Jared replies with a laugh. "And actually, I've been hankering for some sweet potato fries, do you have any of those?"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • "We do, we do! They'll be right out," Anna grins. "So what've you been up to that's been keeping you away from here?"

-Jared-

Years
  • "Eh, hours were cut back, penny pinching meant boring ramen most nights." Jared responded with a shrug. He fidgeted in his chair a bit to get comfy and continued, "But I think hours will pick back up again, so I figured dinner out would be nice. Plus chatting with a good friend makes it even more worthwhile!"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • "Aw, you're too nice," Anna giggles. Then a thought strikes her- "Oh. Be right back!" She nips back to the kitchen and comes back with a basket of sweet potato fries. "There you go. Perfect, I think. Need anything to put on them?"

-Jared-

Years
  • "Nope! That'll do it!" Jared replies. He eats a few fries and adds, "That's why I like these, they taste perfect as is." Then Jared remembers; he should swallow before talking, so he can avoid spitting bits of food on the counter. After swallowing, he grabs a napkin and wipes up a bit with a sheepish sounding "Sorry, eheh..."

Limanya

Page of Breath
    Years
  • 'Dirk, i really think we should go.' said Jake. 'Go if you want, but i'll stay.' said Dirk. 'Well, i guess i'll go outside for a while then.' said Jake, walking towards the door. 'He doesn't know what he'll miss.' said Dirk once Jake left. 'Hey! You there! Sollux was your name, right?' said Dirk to the boy. 'Yeth?' he said. 'Want something to drink?' said Dirk. 'Yeah, thure.' he said. 'Hey!' Dirk said to Anna. 'One coke for this guy!' he said, Sollux preparing to make the glass just float to his own table as soon as Anna would come.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back