• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vainz

The Pokemon and Jedi Master
Years
  • Portujesus, i never said i was trying to make a flawless team. I simply wanted to see people argue there point on which pokemon are better than others in certain situations. You cant have a flawless team, but you can try to make a team that can deal with the most situations possible, without opening yourself up to a certain weakness. I just want opinions on what the best made team could be, not The Undisputed Champion Team on Earth.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    As overrated as Garchomp is I think he is better then Metagross, Tyranitar and Salamence to a certain extent because of his abnormally high base Speed Stat.

Tyranitar is nice but I never liked his multiple weakness especially the ones to the umm common Surf.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I like Salamence as a sweeper but I don't get why he has to be eather physical or special. With the right nature he can have fairly even stats where you can take advantage of both.
    examples of moves (i won't list any low accuracy recharge moves)
    flamethrower, Extremespeed, Earthquake, Solarbeam, Crunch, Shadow Ball?, Fly or some flying attack, Dragon Claw etc.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Metagross is by far one of the top physical sweepers. Because besides a Poison immunity, he has resistences out the butt hole. Many things that aren't super effective are "not very effective". The only types which are normal effective attacks that he may have problems with are Water and Electric, and Electric is basicallycovered with Earthquake (as is his Fire weakness). Water is covered by (if you're lucky enough) Thunder Punch. If you don't have Thunderpunch, thenmost bulky waters (like Milotic) laugh at 'Gross. The ONLY weakness Metagross can't counter is Ground, unless you have Ice Punch or the likes.

Vainz

Years
  • This is more like it. You all had good arguments. Garchomp does have high speed and Attack. If only he had DD, he would be perfect. The reason Salamence is not a Special Sweeper is because if i choose Salamence, i would give him a nature to support Attack, and i would make his EV's Attack and Speed. This way he has the attack of a God. Metagross i think is the best choice. It has very high atttack, it doesnt need speed because it has defense, and he has numerous resistances and few weaknesses. If you feel like this would be a bad choice (or a better one exists), please post why. Next we need to pick a Special Sweeper.

Here are some examples:

Alakazam
    Weaknesses: Dark, Ghost, Bug
    Base SPAttack: 135, Speed: 120

Porygon-Z
    Weakness: Fighting
    Base SPAttack: 135, Speed: 90

Gengar
    Weakness: Dark, Ghost, Psychic
    Base SPAttack: 135, Speed: 110

Espeon
    Weakness: Dark, Ghost, Bug
    Base SPAttack: 130, Speed: 110

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I'd go with Porygon-Z for it's insane base Attack. It has an ability that powers up same type attacks so imagine a STAB Hyper Beam from this bad boy. He also has Nasty Plot at his disposal so even one of these will completely obliterate a Pokemon. He also has Tri-Attack to top it off.

What about Togekiss? It too is an awesome Special Sweeper.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • For the record, Gengar's Base SAtk is 130, not 135. ^^'

Now then, out of that list, Porygon-Z makes an excellent Sp. Sweeper. It gets Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, and can also run Tri Attack, which gets a friendly 1.5 Boost thanks to Adaptability, making it completely scary even with STAB.

Nasty Plot also helps on it if you can pull one off. Otherwise, I'd usually run with Dark Pulse, and give it Life Orb, Choice Specs, or Wise Specs.

Vainz

Years
  • Sorry about the Gengar mistake. I agree about the Porygon-Z. We will go with that. So far we have:

Metagross@ ??
    EV's: Attack-255, Defense-255
    Nature:
    -Meteor Mash
    -Thunder Punch
    -Earthquake
    -??

Porygon-Z@ Choice Specs
    EV's SpAttack-255, Speed-255
    Nature:
    -Tri-Attack
    -Dark Pulse or Nasty Plot
    -Ice Beam
    -Psychic (I put this in to make sure no fightingh types can get a shot in.)

If you would like me to change something, please post. Now we are going to move on to walls. Do we need a physical AND speical wall, or do we need two good walls in both areas. Here are some suggestions. Shuckle is not on this list because his terrible HP makes his God defense not worth it.

Examples:

Probopass
    Base Def: 145, SpDef: 150
    Weak: Water, Ground, Fighting

Skarmory
    Base Def: 140, SpDef: 70
    Weak: Fire, Elec

Dusknoir
    Base Def: 135, SpDef: 135
    Weak: Dark, Ghost

Blissey
    Base HP: 255, SpDef: 135
    Weak: Fighting

Mantine
    Base Def: 70, SpDef: 140
    Weak: Elec, Rock

Umbreon
    Base Def: 110, SpDef: 130
    Weak: Fighting, Bug

Milotic
    Base Def: 79, SpDef: 125
    Weak: Grass, Elec

Most of these pokemon have tactics specific to them. Ex. Skarmory, Blissey. If you have another suggestion, just post. Otherwise just post which one would be the best choice and why.

buizel6

Begginer Spriter. GD E4 Champ
    Years
  • I would suggest probably skarmory and Blissey, that way you can spike rock them as well as have sturdy walls. probably give skarm whirlwind,spikes,rocks, and roost. but im not sure about blissey's moveset. im not the best person for blissey advice

Vainz

Years
  • I think we should go with a Dusknoir. It has great Def and SpDef. It can cut walls down to size with Pain Split, with Pressure, you can break down PP. Not affected by Normal or Fighting, and only weak against Dark and Ghost. I also like to use a Curse Dusknoir.

Pain Split Noir

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    EV's Def: 255, SpDef:255
    Nature:Calm
    -Pain Split
    -Rest
    -Mean Look
    -Shadow Punch

Curse Noir

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    EV's Def: 255, SpDef:255
    Nature:Calm
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Mean Look
    -Destiny Bond

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Dusknoir is awesome. There are so many good walls but so little space. Most of these walls serve a dual purpose too. Skarmory is a Spiker, Bliss a Healer, Milotic a Special Attacker, Umbreon a Toxi-tank Wish supporter. Kinda hard to choose.

Last edited:

Vainz

Years
  • I agree Punishment. i like Dusknoir, but we need to pick the two that stand out above the rest. I think Dusknoir could handle the most situations that could occur. It will be hard to choose two that everyone agrees with.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    It's actually kinda funny though, that mixed infernape can take apart most of these walls by himself. flamethrower takes care of skarmory, close combat takes care of blissey and umbreon, and grass knot with good prediction on switch-ins or after nasty plot takes care of milotic...

Vainz

Years
  • Thank you for pointing that out c_dog (i am not being sarcastic if it sounds like it). We have already choosen a pokemon that has a weakness to fighting, Porygon-Z, and we already have a weakness to fire, Metagross. We could POSSIBLY have two of the same weakness, but i would rather not. Dusknoir fits these requirements.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Well lets eliminate Probopass and Mantine. Sure Probopass has an insane base defense stat his weaknesses are to commmon.

So we have Skarmory, Blissey, Milotic and Umbreon left.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    With the advent of powerful fighting moves, Blissey and Umbreon dont last as long as they use to. Everyone is expecting a Skarmory on nearly every team so it ownt last long as it use too.

Milotic on the other hand is a handy dandy Pokemon. IT can switch into a sweeper or special sweeper. I've seen it take Grass and Electric attacks like nothing. Though the latter you have to be a bit cautious. Not to mention Ice Beam takes care of those pesky grass types. (and the rampaging dragons)

So yeah I agree on Dusknoir and Milotic.

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Agreed. I always had a bit of trouble fighting Milotic. However, I wouldn't rule out Blissey just yet. Sure, she's spoken of so much her name sounds redundant, but with the right moveset, she still last. Problem with her is that her moveset is also too standard (I'm tired of hearing Siesmec Toss).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    I think Milotic makes the best physical wall these days since most teams have counters for Skarms and Blissey. Skarms fall easily to any decent mix sweeper with fire attacks, as opposed to 3rd gen when people had to carry magnimite with magnet-pull. Blissey is a victim of the new poweful fighting attacks such as close combat, effectively cutting its usefulness. Umbreon was never that good a wall to be honest and it hasn't changed(Vaporeon always was and always will be better).

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    But Boltbeam Blissey is getting quite popular these days too.

Milotic is the choice then. Not to many people are running Grass moves these days.

As for the Umbreon/Vaporeon thingy Umbreon servs a different purpose. Her role is a Toxi-tank and I am pretty sure Vaporeon can never take that role. But Blissey and Umbreon falter to the new mosts such as Close Combat and even a Focus Punch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back