• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vainz

The Pokemon and Jedi Master
Years
  • Ok. Sounds like we all agree on Milotic. I think that Blissey is always used too. People are starting to put powerful fighting moves to take on Blissey, and besides, we already have a normal type, and two normal types on a team is a bad idea. Alright. This is the total team we have so far:

Metagross@ ??
    EV's: Attack-255, Defense-255
    Nature:
    -Meteor Mash
    -Thunder Punch
    -Earthquake
    -??

Porygon-Z@ Choice Specs
    EV's SpAttack-255, Speed-255
    Nature:
    -Tri-Attack
    -Dark Pulse or Nasty Plot
    -Ice Beam
    -Psychic (I put this in to make sure no fightingh types can get a shot in.)

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    EV's SpDef: 255, Def: 255
    Nature: Calm
    -Mean Look
    -
    -
    -

Milotic@ Leftovers
    EV's SpDef: 255, ???
    Nature: ???
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Recover
    -

We will figure out natures, attacks, EV's after we pick all the pokemon. Now we need to decide on the last two pokemon. Do we want a Baton Passer, another wall, or an all around good pokemon?
    We will take any suggestions. Remember, we already have weaknesses to:

Fire
    Fighting
    Ground
    Grass
    Elec
    Dark
    Ghost

We want as few repeating weakness as possible.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    What we need in there is an annoyer. May I suggest Ludicolo which is a Grass/Water which is weak to only Bug (meh), Poison and Flying. It is one of the few Pokemon, Milotic and most bulky types have troble taking out. It laughs at all attempts of Surf and Ice Beam.

I also think we need a FLying type in there or a Pokemon with Levitate.

Vainz

Years
  • I agree that we need a levitate, flying type, or a pokemon that is resistant to ground attacks. Someone with a Sweeping Garchomp could really hurt us. Ludicolo is OK. It has a shaky Def. Poisn Fang, Poisn Tail, X-Scissor is probably a OHKO. I think we use a Heracross. It is resistant the Ground attacks, Base Attack:125, Base SpDef: 95. We have Megahorn for Grass, Psychic, and Dark. Close Combat for Blissey, Earthquake for fire types, Rock Slide for flying types.

Heracross@ ??
    EV's Attack-255, ??
    Nature:
    -Earthquake
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Rock Slide

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Metagross@ Leftovers/Life Orb
    EV's: 252 Attack, 152 HP, 104 Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    -Meteor Mash
    -Thunder Punch/Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Agility/Magnet Rise

Unless you're NOT using Choice Band, go with Agility. You have no idea how being able to outrun your foe puts you at an advantage. And NEVER put 255 EVs into a single stat, as it's not divisible by 4. To max one out, all you need is 252. For Gross, go with: 252 Attack, 152 HP, and 104 Speed. If you're using a Choice band, then go with max Attack and max HP.

Here's my personal Choice Band setup:

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Speed
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder Punch/Explosion
    - Pursuit/Ice Punch

(Metagross will often cause a switch, so Pursuit can do some serious damage, and maybe even a OHKO, as you then switch out against the one coming in).

Magnet Rise is more of a novelty, BTW... but a Metagross without a Ground weakness is so much harder to take down, being that his ONLY weakness becomes Fire. It essentially becomes Levitating Bronzong, but with amazing Attack, which is why I mention it. You could even replace Explosion/Thunder Punch with it. If you're lucky enough to Agility AND use Magnet Rise, it's nearly a clean sweep for Metagross, as Earthquake will take care of most Fire-using Pokes.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I agree that we need a levitate, flying type, or a pokemon that is resistant to ground attacks. Someone with a Sweeping Garchomp could really hurt us. Ludicolo is OK. It has a shaky Def. Poisn Fang, Poisn Tail, X-Scissor is probably a OHKO. I think we use a Heracross. It is resistant the Ground attacks, Base Attack:125, Base SpDef: 95. We have Megahorn for Grass, Psychic, and Dark. Close Combat for Blissey, Earthquake for fire types, Rock Slide for flying types.

Heracross@ ??
    EV's Attack-255, ??
    Nature:
    -Earthquake
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Rock Slide

I'd still much rather have a sweeping Salamence but since we're past that, the way you put it Heracross seems pretty ideal, except its also weak to fire (I believe Garchomp can also learn ffire type moves) like Metagross. I also wouldn't trust Rock Slide to take out flying types, it's let me down before.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Maybe Skarmory in the set? It does Fly and be the overused Spiker. I still stand by Ludicolo. Sure those attacks can kill it but how many people would really leave it out to get KOED?

It is a perfect staller again bulky Pokemon. (especially water types)

Vainz

Years
  • Ok, how is this set up Richard Steel.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP.
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder Punch
    - Magnet Rise/Explosion

Personally, i dont like Magnet Rise. It only lasts for 5 turns, and even with Choice Band, it can get outrun and hit by an Earthquake. Metagross has a Defense instead of HP, so i think EV's should focus on speed if he is a sweeper. I am sorry about EV's mistake. The Serebii.net description didnt say anything about that.

Vainz

Years
  • Ok, First the Salamence. I have no problem adding Salamence to the team. It would be a good flying type, good against Garchomp, except for Dragon moves (Salamence could outrun Garchomp anyway). It would be hard finding a GOOD team without repeating any weaknesses. Rock Slide is out, Stone Edge is in. If a Garchomp came out, i would switch to Milotic. You are right about Garchomp, most people run him with a Fire Fang. I think Milotic does its job of stalling, and Ludicolo is no good against protecting physical attacks. A good fighting type could take care of Ludicolo.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Ok, how is this set up Richard Steel.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP.
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder Punch
    - Magnet Rise/Explosion

Personally, i dont like Magnet Rise. It only lasts for 5 turns, and even with Choice Band, it can get outrun and hit by an Earthquake. Metagross has a Defense instead of HP, so i think EV's should focus on speed if he is a sweeper. I am sorry about EV's mistake. The Serebii.net description didnt say anything about that.

Yeah, that's why I say Magnet Rise is a novelty. But it could make Gross able to take on a Garchomp, even with Fire Fang. I agree about focusing on Speed, and I once thought you should max out Speed for CBgross. But his Speed is already below average, so if you max out HP, that would be more helpful. And HP is so much more important than the Defenses - the difference between great Defense and below average Defense, in terms of damage from a STABed Earthquake, can be as little as 20 HP. That's why I say to focus on HP before Defenses.

Oh, and with Choice Band, it's customary never to use a non-attacking move, like Agility or Magnet Rise. The only things I would change in that lineup is switch HP and Speed for EVs, and bag Magnet Rise in favor of Explosion. With Choice Band, Explosion is nearly a guaranteed OHKO, even on a Skarmory, who otherwise resists it.

Choice Band Metagross is seriously a monster (one of the more feared CBers, if you ask me), and if played right he can sweep an entire team, despite not having acess to Swords Dance, or the likes.

Vainz

Years
  • Ok, i agree 100%. This is the new lijne up for Metagross.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Speed
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder Punch
    - Explosion

I've gotta say, thats a nice Metagross.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Okay I am going to hammer out Milotic's Move Set.

-Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Recover
    -Hypnosis

Ice Beam is a given. Hit those dragons hard and cover her grass weakness. Surf is for STAB, so anything that doesn't resist it will be washed away. Recover over Aqua Ring because it is about quantity. If Milotic is going to take a hit from an electrical attack from a slow Pokemon it needs means of recovering the lost HP fast. Plus we already have Leftovers.

Hypnosis because it goes in hand with Recover. Opponents cringe when their Pokemon is slumbering. Sure Mirror Coat is good and might get a nice KO over something but Milotic usually gets swept next turn from a revenge kill. Most people are also expecting Milotic to have Mirror Coat so they usually send out a Physical Sweeper to take care of her.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Ludicolo is nice. Not to mention it covers other weaknesses not already taken. It is meant to be a Drainer/Annoyer. Ludicolo isnt supposed to be put up against Physical Sweepers anyways. With Leech Seed and a combination of Toxic to top it off with Leftovers Ludicolo can easily sap opponents into submission.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I gotta agree that is a nice Metagross but (maybe it's just me) see more of a down side to using a Choice Band, I just don't like the idea of having to use the same move over and over again. Sicne we're focusing a lot on HP, what about a Life orb, I don't know how much it decreases HP but it'd give us a chance to use more of a variety and beready for a baton passer.

Just my opinion, it's already very intimidating.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I too am not a fan of Choice Bands. Life Orb only takes down about 10% of the HP so I would go with that. Explosion can compliment this because once Metagross looks like it can take no more send if off with a good bang.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I too am not a fan of Choice Bands. Life Orb only takes down about 10% of the HP so I would go with that. Explosion can compliment this because once Metagross looks like it can take no more send if off with a good bang.

Very true so are we already to leave Metagross, I think its looking pretty good now, and for everyone elses sake I won't mention Salamence again.

Vainz

Years
  • First, let me start by saying that i have never met a person who likes Milotic more than Punishment. I put in Hypnosis, i know you really like that move (i have read those same two paragraphs in many differnet threads). I will put in Ludicolo if someone can give me a GOOD moveset for him. I still am not even sure about Ludicolo, but if you guys put faith in him, then we will try.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Ludicolo-Swift Swim
    Energy Ball
    Surf
    Leech Seed
    Rain Dance/Substitute

I don't really know if this is a great moveset, but I believe so. Rain Dance for speed boost, or Substitute for Staller tactics.

Then again, The last time I used him was in Emerald.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back