• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Forgot about ingrain. It is a pretty decent move. Too bad its no switching effect is already in progress with suction cups.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'd use that or:

Cradily@Lefties
    Not up to doing nature and EVs
    ~Amnesia
    ~Barrier
    ~Recover/Ingrain
    ~Rock Slide/HP Rock/HP Grass

Go me! I quite like this set.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    The EV spread would not work. Sure we have nice defenses and all put without an HP to back it up it shall falter. That is why Shuckle fell form grace. Beautiful defenses but pitiful HP stat to take that.

Since Cradily will be a physical wall it should be this:
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
    or
    252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp .Def

I would stick with the fisr one though.

The problem I have with Tangrowth is its low Sp. Def. It is weak to Fire and Ice if I remember correctly. Now why did I point out Fire and Ice specifically?

Because those attacks usually come in the special form as Flamethrower and the ever so popular Ice Beam.

The problem with Earthquake on Cradily is if it goes up against its arch rival Skarmory they cant do nary a thing. The last move is important so we have to decide on something awesome.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Rock Slide or some kind of rock or grass move. Agree on the EVs. 252 HP, 126 in each defense. Crad's base special D is slightly higher than its base D just so you know.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I like rock slide. It hits skarm with a normal hit. How about HP Fire! That would surprise some skarm users!

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Id rather pour a majority of EVs into Defense and HP as it will be our physical wall. Though if the team wants the 252/128/128 I wouldnt mind because we have Amnesia, Barrier and Recover.

Cradily can also learn Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    PP Max for Ancientpower. It can raise stats. BTW cradily's base attack stats are the same. I like ancientpower. Then blissey walls us.

Years
    The reason I picked ancientpower is because of it's special attack since you guys have mentioned nothing but skarmory and we could throw earthquake in the too for skarmory.
    Plus I think you guys are ruling out tankage

Cradily@leftovers
    Swords dance
    Earthquake/rock slide
    recover
    amnesia/reflect

The suction cups keep cradily from being roared or whirlwinded so it can swords dance up and sweep with rock slide and earthquake.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Thing is if we are going for the tanking set we'd probably have to drop Amnesia/Barrier. We would have no time to boost defense as our main priority is to boost attack and sweep.

Years
    I personally wouldn't have put it in there I just thought you guys would want that kinda stuff in there. I would swords dance recover and then go sweeping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back