• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    NONONO. I'm gonna be blunt, forgive me:

Don't give advice until you get better at strategizing.

The standard Weavile is:

Weavile@Choice Band/Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Natue:Adamant, I think
    Night Slash
    Pursuit
    Ice Punch
    Swords Dance

Poison is a lousy attack type, Metal Claw is a bad move altogether, Fury Swipes is just Awful.

Before you post here, you must grasp the strategy part of the game.

And we know about Weavile, we know it is the fastest, and we KNOW it is a born sweeper. We arent rookies.

No offense, of course.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    Ok yeah not the best set ever.

Weavile-Life Orb/Choice Band
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, HP
    Night Slash
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Sweords Dance

That set can pretty much kill everything, and NEVER EVER use a move like Fury Swipes, WAY to risky.

lol thank i tried i was thinkin abt makin it a sp. atk but there arent many opt for moves

NONONO. I'm gonna be blunt, forgive me:

Don't give advice until you get better at strategizing.

The standard Weavile is:

Weavile@Choice Band/Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Natue:Adamant, I think
    Night Slash
    Pursuit
    Ice Punch
    Swords Dance

Poison is a lousy attack type, Metal Claw is a bad move altogether, Fury Swipes is just Awful.

Before you post here, you must grasp the strategy part of the game.

And we know about Weavile, we know it is the fastest, and we KNOW it is a born sweeper. We arent rookies.

No offense, of course.

lol wow... it is just a game im trying to understand the whole strategy thing no need to be harsh about it but fine ill just mind my business and not come back on this site no more sorry for interfering with yalls teams just tryna join in sorry bye

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Pursuit/Brick break Sims, Pursuit still a good move, but Brick Break is for Blissey.

Something was burning on the stove, so I had to type quick.

Khat, you should do a bit more reasearch. The things you said are really common knowledge. We know Weavile is a fast poke, and a born sweeper. We know about that Breeloom set. No offense at all, but you really must learn a bit more on the competitive standards.

EDIT:I am not trying to be mean, and you are free to help. But still, learn about the standards first.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    How about this attacker?

Torterra@Life Orb
    Adamant/Brave

Wood Hammer
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Crunch

Life Orb+Wood Hammer=OHKO for any Ground, Rock,Water, and Electric type. Especially if you're facing an Electivire. Just make sure it doesn't have Ice Punch.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Oh for goodness sakes, which Pokemon are we giving Fire Fang?! Aerodactyl's Stone Edge is a MUCH better option because it's stronger against Skarm believe it or not.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Are we opening ourselves up to a huge Ice weakness or what with aerodactyle?!!

I saw Fire Fang. So this is a good point to use it. but are there that many Ice Types in general? Edit: and Rock covers Ice. =/ Edit: II and even if Stone edge misses, you have Focus Sash.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Who cares about Ice TYPES. We worry about Ice ATTACKS, like the ever so popular Ice Beam.

Yep. And I edited my post to say that Rock covers that type, plus Focus Sash if Stone Edge misses. It should, IMO be used on all fragile sweepers. Edit: Good point, DA

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Ok, what do you suggest as an alternative? The desire lately seems to be for a fast sweeper, and the main choice that resists Ice is Weavile. I guess Infernape also resists Ice too.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I saw Fire Fang. So this is a good point to use it. but are there that many Ice Types in general? Edit: and Rock covers Ice. =/

No i mean we have Donphan, Tangrowth,Dragonite and now Aerodactyle, all weak to Ice lol

I say mix Infernape, as we are going to get walled big time by either Skarm OR Blissey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back