• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Sorvete

Novice
Years
  • Sorry for double posting! But I decided to make an update from my Monoletter Challenge here after 4 months of abscence. Here you go!

Monoletter Challenge
    Pokémon Heart Gold

unown-m.png

Part 2 - The Team Building

Quick update! So once Bugsy was out of the way, I thought nothing else could stop Bayleef and its power. I was wrong.

As soon as I realized its gender was the opposite as Whitney's Miltank's, I knew I was doomed. I was right.

Whitney - Battle Video:
    Spoiler:

Clefairy didn't pose a problem at all. If anything it helped by making Whitney use her super potion. Miltank, on the other side, was pretty hard to defeat.

My plan was to poison it so I could deal damage while the poison itself gradually took down its health. However, this thing holds a Lum Berry, so I was forced to spend two turns doing that. After it was poisoned, at this point, Bayleef was already attracted, and then I was playing with luck. I set up a Reflect so I could get a little bit of defense boost, and then started Razor Leafing. From this point the battle was basically Razor Leaf + Healing, and the hope that it would give me a crit. There was a point where Miltank kept healing with Milk Drink, and then I saw a chance to spam Razor Leaf and hope for the best. At the end, poison and Overgrow teamed up and I managed to take it down.

After the badge was obtained, it was time to get some new team members. Reaching Ecruteak and heading east gave me the chance to catch a Machop. That would help me a lot against Morty. So I trained it a bit, and it learned Payback. My salvation.

Morty - Battle Video:
    Spoiler:

Comparing this battle to the last one, I'd say I'm getting along well now. This should be interesting from now on.

I caught another team member after that, Mantine, and am currently training it on my way up the lighthouse. Also Bayleef finally evolved! :O (I certainly didn't forget about that and just saw it now while editing the post and checking my team).

Team

meganium.png

Meganium | Naughty nature | Overgrow
    Lv. 32 @ Miracle Seed
    Petal Dance
    Headbutt
    Reflect
    PoisonPowder

machoke.png

Machoke | Quirky nature | Guts
    Lv. 31
    Karate Chop
    Payback
    Revenge
    Strength

mantine.png

Mantine | Bold nature | Swift Swim
    Lv. 24
    Surf
    Wing Attack
    Agility
    Headbutt

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Culinary Challenge Update 1

Team:
    Fennekin LVL 15
    Scratch/Tail Whip/Flame Charge/Howl

Badges (1) Bug Badge

So the first gym was pretty easy as long as you spam Howl a few times and then it is just a breeze with using Scratch and Flame Charge. Other than that not much really happened or anything noteworthy.

Bingo card progress: 0/25

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • This sounds fun, i'll be joining in.

Username :WizardofOdd
    Bingo Type: 6x6? (I'm not interested in the Kanto games because of the pokemon pool so yeah, let's skip that)

P.S. I'll be using all romhacks so do you mind Janp? (Probably except Alola, cause Photonic Sun is an utter nightmare without proper team)

Years
  • This sounds fun, i'll be joining in.

Username :WizardofOdd
    Bingo Type: 6x6? (I'm not interested in the Kanto games because of the pokemon pool so yeah, let's skip that)

P.S. I'll be using all romhacks so do you mind Janp? (Probably except Alola, cause Photonic Sun is an utter nightmare without proper team)
    Yes! You made it from the Rocket Hideout to the Ghost Town! Those romhacks are okay.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Culinary Challenge Update 2

Team:
    Braixen LVL 27
    Psybeam/Fire Spin/Flame Charge/Howl
    Wartortle LVL 24
    Bite/Rapid Spin/Water Gun/Withdraw
    Roselia LVL 25
    Growth/Leech Seed/Magical Leaf/Giga Drain
    Vespiquen LVL 23
    Sweet Scent/Gust/Bug Bite/Slash
    Ralts LVL 19
    Growl/Confusion/Double Team/Teleport
    Honedge LVL 21
    Pursuit/Swords Dance/Fury Cutter/Shadow Sneak

Badges(2) Bug Badge, Cliff Badge

Second gym was pretty hard due to the typing of his team. Besides that nothing much else to say. Though team was pretty easy to get cause caught Combee and Ralts on Route 4. Roselia on Route 7. Squirtle from Professor Sycamore and Honedge from Route 6. Vespiquen for Ingredients, Ralts intending to evolve into Gallade for cooking, Roselia for spices and herbs, Braixen for Boiling, Honedge for Kitchen Appliance and lastly Squirtle intending to be Blastoise for Taste Tester.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Janp, i'm taking Kalos challenge with the scramble rule and because i'm using Eternal X romhack any pokemon until Kalos game is available. So pick randomly from all of them.

About the in-order challenge how about the added evolutionary line that's next to each other like Gallade next to Probopass even though Kirlia and Nosepass is not next to each other?

And btw, my first challenge i choose is Trio-Species Challenge with Garchomp (Hacked in), Staraptor, and Ninetales. And i'll do it in PHOTONIC SUN! MWAHAHA (I'm gonna die am i?)

Years
  • Janp, i'm taking Kalos challenge with the scramble rule and because i'm using Eternal X romhack any pokemon until Kalos game is available. So pick randomly from all of them.

About the in-order challenge how about the added evolutionary line that's next to each other like Gallade next to Probopass even though Kirlia and Nosepass is not next to each other?

And btw, my first challenge i choose is Trio-Species Challenge with Garchomp (Hacked in), Staraptor, and Ninetales. And i'll do it in PHOTONIC SUN! MWAHAHA (I'm gonna die am i?)
    Here you go for Kalos team. Good luck:
    granbull.gif
    golem.gif
    talonflame.gif
    starmie.gif
    ampharos.gif
    serperior.gif

As for the new evolutions, they are allowed as long as the new evos are next to each other in the dex.

And good luck. I've never played any of the 3DS games romhacks, but would like to do so one day. But I'm to lazy to set them up.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Now this one is going to be a long, long post. This one would include update on my journey and that's not little so i'm going to cramp this entire post up, also before that i'm going to explain why photonic sun is the hardest romhack in my opinion and why did i pick my team.

So let's start with why Photonic Sun is so hard
    Spoiler:

And then why i choose my three pokemon
    Spoiler:

Well now, this is the journey Transcript
    Part 1 - Melemele Island
    Spoiler:

Part 2 - Akala Island
    Spoiler:

Current Pokemon In The End of Transcript
    Spoiler:
    Trial Captains Defeated (4/7) : Ilima, Mina, Kiawe, Mallow
    Island Kahuna Defeated (1/4) : Hala

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Culinary Challenge Update 3

Team:
    Delphox LVL 47
    Psybeam/Mystical Fire/Flamethrower/Psyshock
    Vespiquen LVL 43
    Power Gem/Toxic/Bug Bite/Air Slash
    Roserade LVL 45
    Poison Jab/Dazzling Gleam/Magical Leaf/Giga Drain
    Gallade LVL 38
    Swords Dance/Confusion/Double Team/Psycho Cut
    Blastoise LVL 44
    Bite/Strength/Aqua Tail/Surf
    Doublade LVL 41
    Aerial Ace/Swords Dance/Slash/Night Slash

Badges(7) Bug Badge, Cliff Badge, Rumble Badge, Plant Badge, Voltage Badge, Fairy Badge, Psychic Badge

So a lot has happened in game from last time, but honestly X and Y are one of the easiest games to beat since the gym leaders (Aside from Olympia maybe) are easy to beat as long as you are prepared for the battles. Anyway got the Dawn Stone from Route 3 and the Shiny Stone on Route 12. Either way this challenge is really fun, but the only change I would really make for this current team is swapping Gallade for another fighting or electric Pokémon since as of now its move set is not the best and it levels up really slowly. So I would either choose a Pokémon that might level up faster or one where the move set and move pool might be better.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Now, a new update yay. I actually decide to do a new update now as i found a new mechanic that would definitely make this already like climbing Mt.Everest trip to going to like a space journey. So.. please enjoy this transcript of my suffering ^^

Continuation of Part 2 - Akala Island
    Spoiler:

Part 2.5 - Aether Paradise
    Spoiler:

Part 3 - Ulaula Island
    Spoiler:

And that's it, with the new curve ball now i have to think outside the box again with my setup to complete this whole game. And btw, to those who think i flew this and never died, nope i die quite a lot. It was probably 11 times blackout happened either because i was too hasty fighting trainers after trainers without healing or because i was fighting important trainers without knowing their strategy. That and i also did a lot of surfing to get BP as i need all the item i can get. Wish me luck folks, this is going to be a really bumpy ride now.

Current Team
    Spoiler:
    Trial Completed (6/7) : Ilima, Mina, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, Acerola
    Island Kahuna Defeated (2/4) : Hala, Olivia

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • User: Oswahuer_Ancap
    Chart 7x7

There you go

Username: Oswahuer_Ancap
    Sheet:
    Spoiler:

That's quite a big one. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2020
    Pokemon Blue - Misty - Highest stat Defense: Wartortle, Geodude and Sandshrew owned Misty (After 7 tries)

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Pokemon Blue - Highest stat Defense - LT. Surge: Wartortle, Geodude, Sandslash and Dux

I see you're making very small and fast updates. FYI it's not required to update your progress after every single gym badge, as that would require a lot of posts to complete your challenge. You can make a considerable amount of progress and then put it all together in one post, just so the thread wouldn't get too messy. The rules do say double posting is allowed, but I wouldn't recommend doing it excessively!

But anyway, that's my recommendation. Good luck in the rest of your run.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2020
    Pokémon Blue - Erika and Sabrina - They are the most difficult Gym leaders in the Highest Stat Defense challenge, I think, because at this time you should have only:
    Blastoise, Golem/Graveler, Sandslash, Dux(Farfetch'd), Onix and Marowak
    Only Dux may beat up Erika and Sabrina has no weakness to the pokémon you could catch until now. What's the solution? GRINDING until lvl 36 minimum, I've grinded up my pokémon and got the two badges. Now I am going to Fuschia city

Back