• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • Age 34
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Did the In Order Challenge in Yellow, which meant 3 starters + Butterfree

Butterfree was solid in the beginning but lagged by the end and the rest was decent enough, as expected. Venusaur was the least useful of the three starters, but after it got Razor Leaf (and later Toxic + Leech Seed) it managed to hold its own pretty well.

I had to grind a bit to deal with Lorelei but we more or less first tried most other trainers. By the time I got to Blue though, I was tired so I just dumped Rare Candies, X-Speeds and an X-Accuracy on Charizard and just used cheap Fissure strats to sweep Blue (really should have gotten a flying type there, bud).

6 / 49

I might finish off the Kanto row soon, since all I'm missing is a pretty simple challenge and Kanto runs are fast.

Spoiler:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • Age 34
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Finished off Kanto with Love at First Sight on Fire Red.

I used the starter, got a Spearow at Rt. 22, a Diglett at Diglett Cave and a Voltorb at Rt. 10.

The team was a lot frailer than I'm used to but it was useful enough in general. The only one that lagged a bit was Electrode, because it had a crappy moveset and I wasn't going to gamble for Thunderbolt.

Electrode dealt with Lorelei, Fearow + Blastoise dealt with Bruno, Fearow + Dugtrio dealt with Agatha, Blastoise dealt with Lance via Blizzard and all together they dealt with Blue. Ironically Blue was the easiest trainer in the E5 rush.

With this I'm done with all the Kanto challenges and only have 42 more challenges to go!

7/49

Final thoughts on Kanto:

Not suited for a lot of these challenges, since it usually has a terrible distribution and not great movepool. On the other hand, Gen I has terrible trainers in general so you can do these pretty quickly.

If you're reading this and thinking of what to do for Kanto, I'd recommend ROM Hacks. Doesn't even have to be something radical like Radical Red (ba dum tss), just something with more challenge and choices to it will probably work out nicely.

Last edited:

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
    Years
  • Hello, I posted on here literally years ago but never got that far in (my username was "minelol5" back then btw.) So I'm thinking of just starting fresh. By the way I don't want to do Wonderlockes in reigons which have them.

5x2 (Johto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola)

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • Age 34
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Johto
    - NFE Team
    - Monoletter

Hoenn
    - Pick-A-Route
    - AquaMagma

Unova
    - Monocolor
    - Sandy Days

Kalos
    - Mega Evolution Challenge
    - Unusual Sighting*

Alola
    - What's Your Sign?
    - Retrograde

* If you can't randomize, do Stone Alone

Years
    • Age 27
    • she/they
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Username: Badbunny
    Bingo Type: 3x6
    [ Galar, Kanto, and Sinnoh]

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • Age 34
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Galar
    - Scramble
    - Nuzlocke
    - Elite Mash-Up
    - In-Order Challenge
    - Raise Your Voice
    - Character Challenge

Kanto
    - (User)Name Challenge
    - Type Link
    - Signature Move
    - Champion Challenge
    - Pick-A-Route
    - Likeminded Challenge

Sinnoh
    - Stone Alone
    - NFE Team
    - Solo Run
    - Hit the Gym
    - Trainer Class
    - Trio Species Challenge

Years
    • Age 27
    • she/they
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Thank you so much, Pikaboo. I thought I'd pregen some things now, before I start playing, so I'd have them ready to go when it's time to do those playthroughs.
    I also made myself a very hasty bingo board so I could see them all in one area.

For Trainer Class, I RNG'ed it. I landed on Waitress, which means I'll be using a variety of fairy Pokemon, and some pretty cute mon overall.
    Mon for that run can / will be; Clefable, Leafeon, Magmortar, Psyduck, Arcanine, Kirlia, Chatot, Mantine, and Exploud. I'll be using Pokemon Shining Pearl (for Magmortar), and, based off the spread I have, I'll be looking at doing some Underground surfing to get the required mon before Gym 3. But it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

For BadBunny Challenge, here are my mon;
    Spoiler:

Finally, for Elite Mash-up, I'm picking ahead of time. I decided to RNG it.
    Spoiler:

I'm also pretty stoked for the Stone Alone challenge; I'm already looking forward to my Honchkrow, my eevelutions, my Togekiss, maybe a Raichu, and any others I can get my hands on like a Ninetales. I think the hardest runs to complete for me are going to be the NFE, Solo, and Trio Species challenge. I don't know what a good Pokemon is for Solo, let alone Trio, so I'm excited and nervous to try at once

Years
    • Age 27
    • she/they
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Username: DarkChibimon
    Bingo Type: 5 x 9

Kanto
    AquaMagma Challenge
    Sandy Days Challenge
    The Trainer Class Challenge
    NFE Team
    Flair of Flare Challenge
    Monotype
    The Wedlocke Challenge
    Elite Mash Up

Johto
    Space Nerds Challenge
    The Culinary Challenge
    Hooligans and Vagabonds Challenge
    Duo-Species Challenge
    The Likeminded Challenge
    Sunny Days Challenge
    Monotype
    Pick-A-Route
    Rocket Challenge

Sinnoh
    Duo-Species Challenge
    Stone Alone
    Solo Run
    AquaMagma Challenge
    Hit the Gym
    Rainbow Road
    Monoletter
    Elite Mash Up
    Rocket Challenge

Kalos
    The Culinary Challenge
    The Mega Evolution Challenge
    Solo Run
    Rocket Challenge
    Retrograde
    Gift Challenge
    Hit the Gym
    AquaMagma Challenge
    Sunny Days Challenge

Alola
    The Mega Evolution Challenge
    Stone Alone
    The Culinary Challenge
    Pick-A-Route
    Icy Days Challenge
    Unusual Sighting
    Highest Stat
    Blood Tranfusions
    Rainy Days Challenge

Apologies for any duplicates, only 44 challenges and yours had 45 spaces. Good luck!

Years
    • Age 27
    • she/they
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    With my Pearl Apocalocke coming to an abrupt end, I can pick up Pearl now and do my Waitress or my Stone-Alone challenge. After some consideration, I'll be doing Stone Alone first.
    The first Pokemon I can get are Budew and Misdreavus; and later, Togepi.
    Now, every Pokemon I can obtain, and where I can get them.
    Spoiler:

Some QOL notes for myself are that I get the Good Rod from an NPC to the east of Hearthome. I won't have access to Super Rod or Trophy Garden til after Nat Dex though, so my options just got stunted.

It looks like I'll be duoing with Budew / Roselia line for a while, as well as Mismagius line. I'm a little concerned with how hard the second gym might be without a solid flying type, and I'm also concerned with how well Budew might hold up, but I don't see anything about duplicates, so there's nothing stopping me from a full team of Budew for Roark and many Misdreavus for Eterna.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay had to restart on my solo run, and I'm using polished crystal, in Goldenrod city, you can "wonder trade" off. I can choose any that come out. But I don't know who I want…. Anyone have any good ideas?

Years
  • Hey, Janp. With the dou species run I want to also use Togepi, can I just use the egg they give you and solo with my starter til it hatches?

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • Age 34
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hey, Janp. With the dou species run I want to also use Togepi, can I just use the egg they give you and solo with my starter til it hatches?

Sounds about right considering Rule 1.

The Rules said:
    1. Until you can get a Pokémon allowed for your challenge, solo with your starter. It should always be possible to get a legal Pokémon before the third gym, if not let me know.

In that case the Pokémon allowed for your challenge would be Togepi + whatever else

Years
  • I am going to possibly end up the Togepi line three times in Johto lol. Thank you guys that helped me a lot on my discussion. I chose to use togepi for my solo as well cause the game I play is hgss style in second gen format so I can get a shiny stone and evolve togetic into togekiss. If I fiddle it can be before the third gym maybe. I have to get to goldenrod to see. In this game bills grandpa is actually in Johto, in goldenrod. So show him Pokémon and he'll give you evo stones. I think if I wondertrade a Pokémon out until I get the Pokémon I need for him I can eventually get the evo stone I need. It will be long but worth it for an early stone for togekiss.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • Age 34
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Late, but, assuming it's the first 5 regions:

Kanto
    - Gift Challenge
    - Love at First Sight
    - Solo Run
    - Trio Species