• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Years
    • Seen yesterday

The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Pokemon Silver Solo Run

Now onto Whitney! I go towards Ilex Forest and get stopped by my Rival. Problem is I haven't healed from the gym battle so hopefully that doesn't affect the battle. And it doesn't really. I beat him without much worry so onto Ilex Forest. And the Farfetch'd Puzzle was...tedious to say the least since I forgot where I was suppose to even bring him. But, I managed and got the HM for Cut. And I'm at Goldrod City so Whitney time! But, before that I leveled up and learned Synthesis. I replaced Tackle, which I might regret later, but I think I'm set for now. And surprisingly Whitney was no trouble at all...So onto the next Gym Leader. On my way there there was a Psychic user who just spammed Flash with an Abra so the battle was dragged out for some time. And I make my way to Ecruteak City and challenge the theater so I can get the HM for Surf. And the first one I battled was the Flareon Kimono Girl who gave me trouble to where I had to poison stall them a little. Aside from the Flareon Kimono Girl, the others were fairly easy. I then decide to go to the Burnt Tower to face my Rival before I head to the Morty. And my Rival beats me mainly due to his Haunter using Curse. I decided since I couldn't beat his Haunter or hurt it much with Razor Leaf I replace Poison Powder with Mud Slap. But, I'm just going to attempt the Gym now since I didn't do much against my Rival's Zubat so underleveled in that sense. So Gym Leader time. First attempt I got a Critical Hit that knocks out his Gastly. Next up is one of his Haunters which he curses me with so I'm sort of on a ticking time bomb. i just hope I don't get put asleep cause that would really screw me. Midway throught the fight, Bayleef learns Body Slam which I replace with Synthesis due to it not being as helpful as I thought it would be. I would've replaced Mud Slap if it weren't for me needing it now and later for the Steel type gym. And the worst thing has happened and that is me getting put to sleep. And that is the end for that attempt so lets retry that. The second try Gastly puts up the Curse so this run is screwed. But, lets just see where it goes I guess. Once I got to Haunter I am already on 2 HP which isn't great. So I need to heal, deal with Curse damage, and pray that I don't fall asleep again. And another reset. But I did look up to see whether Ground type moves was Special or Physical and finding that it is Physical (Supposedly) I plan to first use the X-Attack that I have to see if that makes a difference. And it does work, but I reset since I was Cursed and put Asleep so no point in trying anymore. And this run I defeated the Gengar, but got cocky and didn't heal...and the last Haunter took me out...So this run I'm getting lucky. Gastly doesn't go for Curse nor does the first Haunter. The Gengar goes down with no problems this time and last is his last Haunter which gets taken down with ease. So after what I'd think took 7-10 attempts, I finally defeat Morty.

Badges: 4/8

Oleander

Moveset:
    -Body Slam
    -Mud-Slap
    -Razor Leaf
    -Reflect
    Held Item:
    N/A
    Level:
    Stats:
    HP:89
    Attack:51
    Defense:66
    Special Attack:54
    Special Defense:65
    Speed:57

Bingo Card

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Pokemon Silver Solo Run

Spoiler:

Badges: 8/8

Oleander

Moveset:
    -Body Slam
    -Mud-Slap
    -Razor Leaf
    -Reflect
    Held Item:
    N/A
    Level:
    Stats:
    HP:200
    Attack:133
    Defense:162
    Special Attack:137
    Special Defense:158
    Speed:142

Spoiler:

Bingo Card
    Spoiler:

Years
  • So, here's pretty interesting thing. I forgot to post update 3 of my Ultra Moon Wonderlocke more than a month ago, so I'm just going to post it here in spoilers, while also posting part 4, because I don't want to have anything to do with this run anymore.
    Spoiler:

The Wonderlocke Challenge in Pokémon Ultra Moon

ATTEMPT 4 - FINAL PART

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I think Alola games get pretty bad and boring after Malie Garden. Because of that I always played only for few minutes. And since there really wasn't anything to report here, I kept going through this cycle, while also getting more annoyed by the game and the fact that I should probably post here, but didn't really have much to post. And then I stopped playing at all.

So today I decided to finally rush through the rest of the game. But since I was getting even more annoyed with cutscenes and everything about this part, I kept doing mistakes. Mistakes that cost me my Pokémon. Tsareena, Butterfree, Caracosta and more died just because I wasn't paying attention, which made me even more angry, which in turn meant I was making more mistakes, letting more of my Pokémon die... You probably can imagine what happened.

But I still played more, totally uninterested in a game or a run itself. I just wanted to finish this so I can move on to next Bingo cell. And so I kept mashing A, sometimes moved when the game let me and I had probably the worst 'locke run ever. Which is sad, since Wonderlocke is favourite kind of Nuzlocke. Also I ended up in a hospital while playing this run and I think my 3DS has dead pixel or something on screen now, all because of this run and now I'm also worried about my console, since there aren't any more new 3DS or 2DS to buy in my country.

So, normally there would be my team listed, but I literally shut the game when my last attack beat Hau and I have no intention to ever open this save again. I'm looking forward better runs. Also no Pokémon died during E4, which was surprising.

Okay, I think I need to put some final summary. Last 2 months weren't really great for me. I was in hospital, I tried to take care of GT and had to do a lot of stuff irl, but also wanted to finish this run so I can do other stuff, since I always try to do only 2-3 runs at the time and I want to only do 1 Bingo run at the time. Which was really a reason why I just went and rushed through the game. This also made me realize that I play Pokémon because this section and Travel Logs needs to be alive and who else should post there if not their mod? This means that I spend many hours per week just playing and writing down stuff that I don't even enjoy anymore. And for what? So I can postpone inevitable end of the forum and this section once I can't mod here and few staple "challengers" leave. But I think I got a little off-topic. Ignore that. tl;dr I wasn't feeling okay and had almost no time to play, but still forced myself to beat the game, which killed any of my interest in playing Pokémon for a while.

Years
  • The Stone Alone Challenge in Pokémon Black

I was so frustrated from the last run, that I had to do a quick run through another Pokémon game. I so I decided to do Stone Alone challenge on Black.

And it cured me! I enjoyed every single bit of this run. And it wasn't just boring button mashing either. And I also learn some new things about Black. For example I always thought you can only get one elemental monkey on each save.

So, let's go over my team. I picked Snivy as my starter so I can get Panpour. At this point, I had no idea I can get rest of elemental monkeys, so this was hard decision to make.

Panpour easily beat 1st Gym and I quickly got Munna, whose Hypnosis helped a lot during Lenora fight. Then I was able to get Pansear and Cottonee and the rest of the run was pretty standard. I had no Ground-type Pokémon or move, so that made the whole run a little bit harder. I also had only 1 Ice-type move - Blizzard. Which missed only once or twice during the whole run.

I should also mention why I didn't pick Simisage. It's my favourite monkey, but also the only one I've used before this run. But now, I don't think it's my favourite anymore. Because they all are! For real. I have no idea why I never bothered with them, but both Simipour and Simisear were the MVP of this run. Even in the battle against Ghetsis, they were the only ones who survived:
    Speaking of the last battle, it was probably the first fight, where I successfully used Curse twice. I did not have any viable strategy against Ghetsis' Hydreigon and Eelektross, so I had to put Curse, Leech Seed and Burn or Poison on them. Not my favourite strategy, but it worked. And Curse and Leech Seed can't be removed by Full Restore, so Ghetsis couldn!t do anything. Here's beaten Dennis:

So overall this was great run. I used new Pokémon and fell in love with them, found something new about Black and had fun. Which is the most important thing to do in games.

Team

Vodnik, Serious Male Simipour
    lvl 55, Gluttony @Mystic Water
    - Bite
    - Scald
    - Blizzard
    - Work Up

Myslik, Impish Female Musharna
    lvl 52, Forewarn @Twisted Spoon
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Lucky Chant
    - Hypnosis

Soptice, Modest Female Simisear
    lvl 55, Gluttony @Black Glasses
    - Flame Burst
    - Yawn
    - Bite
    - Brick Break

Chmyrice, Naughty Female Whimsicott
    lvl 52, Prankster @Miracle Seed
    - Energy Ball
    - Leech Seed
    - Poison Powder
    - Hurricane

Elektricka, Docile Female Eelektross
    lvl 51, Levitate @Magnet
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Crunch
    - Dragon Tail

Lustrik, Lonely Male Chandelure
    lvl 52, Flame Body @Spell Tag
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Flame Burst
    - Curse​

Years
  • The Sunny Days Challenge in Pokémon Platinum

I looked through my Bingo card and found out two things. I'm almost done and it will soon be 3 years since I started it. I should probably finish it before that.

Out of all my remaining challenges, there are 2 for Sinnoh, so I decided to tackle one of them. And after picking character for a Character Challenge for more than an hour, I went with Sunny Days instead. My team is almost mono-Grass and I only decided to use Pokémon that can naturally learn required moves and abilities.

I also had to use randomizer to give myself National Dex, so I could use Shiftry, which in the end didn't really do much to be honest. MVP of this run were Bronzong and Torterra, because their typing and tankiness. They were able to sweep whole Gyms just by themselves. I was kinda missing something against Dark and Flying-types, which made Murkrow especially formidable enemy. That first battle with Cyrus was awful as a whole. I wasn't prepared for his team. I wiped on Sneasel way too many times. But because of that I started using new strategy. I used Cherrim's Leech Seed and Leafeon's Sand-Attack to slowly wear my opponents down. I even used this strategy against Cynthia's Garchomp, who I probably wouldn't be able to beat otherwise. Funnily enough, the battle with Flint was one of the easiest out of the whole game, thanks to Torterra.

Overall, this was pretty good run. My unbalanced team made some battles really hard, especially Cyrus battles like I said above, but it also meant I didn't use my whole team. Shiftry and Tropius were pretty much carried throughout the whole game. And here's Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Team

Tora, Modest Female Torterra
    lvl 61, Overgrow @Soft Sand
    - Wood Hammer
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

Ozone, Modest - Bronzong
    lvl 61, Levitate @Iron Plate
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flash Cannon
    - Confuse Ray

Tropa, Hasty Female Tropius
    lvl 60, Chlorophyll @Quick Claw
    - Solar Beam
    - Steel Wing
    - Magical Leaf
    - Fly

Rimrim, Gentle Female Cherrim
    lvl 60, Flower Gift @Miracle Seed
    - Petal Dance
    - Leech Seed
    - Solar Beam
    - Sunny Day

Ion, Mild Male Leafeon
    lvl 60, Leaf Guard @Meadow Plate
    - Giga Drain
    - Aerial Ace
    - Sand-Attack
    - Quick Attack

Hard, Docile Male Shiftry
    lvl 60, Chlorophyll @BlackGlasses
    - Dark Pulse
    - Leaf Storm
    - Swagger
    - Extrasensory​

Years
  • The Hit the Gym Challenge in Pokémon X

Now I'm really close to finishing my whole Bingo on time. From the last 3 runs, I decided to pick Hit the Gym, since that's the run I actually planned on doing for a long time.

I started with Vivillon and had to solo Viola with it. It wasn't that hard, but I had to use some healing to be able to outlive her own Vivillon's Infestation. That was annoying. But I took my revenge on the whole Kalos, because I learned Infestation to Vivillon and stalled with it in some battles.

When I got to Cyllage City, I had to choose between Tyrunt and Amaura. Since I've used Tyrunt recently, I picked Amaura. And oh god, it was so good. Who would have thought that Ice-type Pokémon would rock this part of game? Battle with Grant went really well. His Amaura was annoying once again, but I somehow came on top and easily beat his Tyrunt.

The rest of the game wasn't that interesting, so I'm going to skip few gyms and let's get to Clemont. My team wasn't ready for him. Amaura was able to beat his Emolga, but for about 2 tries, I couldn't get behind his Magneton. Hawlucha was fast and all, but it was also squishy and underleveled, so Magneton always survived one hit with Sturdy and beat Hawlucha with his electric attacks. And the rest of my team wasn't really build to deal with Electric-types. So that was frustrating part, but after getting few Revives, I was actually able to beat him. Not really my style, but I wasn't sure how else to beat him.

Getting through the rest of the game without many problems, I really enjoyed this run too. Diantha's Gardevoir was once again pretty hard to beat, but I put it under Infestation, Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. And even Mega Pokémon couldn't stand it. I also had hard time picking up my team, because I would love to use every single one of them.

Next, I would love to beat the last Alola Challenge and then end the whole Bingo with last Sinnoh run. I hope I won't get bored of Alola again like last time and will beat my Bingo before 3rd anniversary.

Team

Mota, Hasty Female Vivillon
    lvl 65, Compound Eyes @Silver Powder
    - Hurricane
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Infestation

Chladek, Jolly Male Aurorus
    lvl 70, Refrigerate @Never-Melt Ice
    - Freeze-Dry
    - Ice Beam
    - Ancient Power
    - Thunder Wave

Zarovka, Adamant Female Heliolisk
    lvl 67, Dry Skin @Magnet
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dig
    - Focus Blast

Bouchac, Mild Male Hawlucha
    lvl 67, Limber
    - Flying Press
    - Acrobatics
    - Poison Jab
    - X-Scissors

Vedmak, Gentle Male Slowking
    lvl 66, Oblivious @Quick Claw
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flamethrower

Jizda, Docile Male Gogoat
    lvl 65, Sap Sipper @Miracle Seed
    - Leaf Blade
    - Earthquake
    - Horn Leech
    - Leech Seed​

Years
  • The Trainer Class Challenge in Pokémon Ultra Moon

Okay, I did it. I beat Trainer Class Challenge, which means I only have one last Character Challenge on Sinnoh and this Bingo is complete.

I picked Beauty as my class and decided to beat the game as quickly as I could. For once, the beginning of the game was pretty easy. I picked Litten, so Emily got Popplio and Ilma's Smeargle had Water Gun. Which was great, since I caught Pichu to deal with them.

I think I'll keep this one short, since not much happened during the whole run. I almost always had a counter against the Trial or strong trainers and I actually watched livestreams from original Mafia and its remake those two last days and was full on autopilot. Which basically meant I mashed A button all the time. So in case you're wondering, the remake looks fine. It will probably never "replace" the original for me, like FRLG did with RBY, but I think it stands good on its own. There are things I don't like about the remake - like the big golden squares telling you where to go, the mission objective in the corner or the fact that there are first aid kits and explosive barrels everywhere. But it also adds more details to some missions that makes them more fun and the whole city is more alive.

But let's get back to this run. I decided not to evolve some Pokémon, to fit 100% to the available Beauty roster. You can probably guess that Krookodile was the MVP of this run. It single-handedly beat Ultra Necrozma, Elite Four, most of Hau's team and did really well against Aether and Team Skull. Rimbombee was also pretty good and was Ying to Krookodile's Yang. Kecleon was rogue Pokémon, that I used few times in unexpected battles and it somehow worked. Pikachu helped me especially in early game. Gorebyss was also pretty good. Ivysaur on the other hand had almost no usage, which is shame. You know I really like Bulbasaur line, but Grass/Poison-type didn't really fit in this team.

So, that's all fot this update. I'll start Character Challenge on Sinnoh right now, so I can beat it prior to 27th. See you in 2 days.

Team

Bubu, Naughty Female Ribombee
    lvl 60, Shield Dust @Psychium Z
    - Pollen Puff
    - Tailwind
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psychic

Nunu, Adamant Male Krookodile
    lvl 64, Intimidate @Fightinium Z
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Crunch
    - Brick Break

Titi, Docile Female Kecleon
    lvl 56, Color Change @Icium Z
    - Return
    - Shadow Claw
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower

Nini, Modest Female Gorebyss
    lvl 58, Swift Swim @Flyinium Z
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Bounce
    - Attract

Mumu, Quiet Male Pikachu
    lvl 58, Static @Buginium Z
    - Thunderbolt
    - Signal Beam
    - Iron Tail
    - Double Team

Mimi, Lax Male Ivysaur
    lvl 55, Overgrow @Grassium Z
    - Energy Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leech Seed
    - Poison Powder​

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Nuzlocke in Pokémon Ruby

I chose Ruby to do this run in for a few reasons. One is I had barely nuzlocked a gen 3 game before and two, I was and still am doing a series of nuzlockes through generations. Decided to post this one here since it was one of my most fun gen 3 runs. I'm not gonna go into detail on the whole run here, as I've already finished it and quite a lot of things happened, but I'll try to highlight the most important or memorable moments.

As rules for this run I used the basic nuzlocke rules, in addition to set mode and forced level caps for gyms and the champion.

I chose Mudkip and because of that the first gym wasn't much of a challenge. Water Gun one shot Geodude and finished Nosepass quite easily. I also caught a Shroomish in the woods which I trained up, as well as a Whismur in Route 116. I leveled up my Wurmple for Brawly and beat him with the evolved Dustox's Confusion.

Wattson's fight was pretty standard. Marshtomp had evolved and learned Mud Shot so it took only a couple of turns. On my way through Route 112 I also caught a Numel, and in Meteor Falls I caught a Solrock. Added both to my team.

In the Maxie fight up on Mt. Chimney Marshtomp got hit a bit too hard by Maxie's Camerupt and died after a burn damage. That sucked. I had to use solely Numel and Solrock for the Flannery fight, and it worked.

As I got my 4th badge the desert part was unlocked and I caught a Baltoy before it managed to explode. It was also time to fight my dad Norman, so I taught Breloom Bulk Up to set up on his face. I used the first Slaking as fodder and got to +6 attack, which helped me beat him easily. Upon unlocking Surf I got a Wingull in one of the water routes as a Water-type replacement, and also got a Voltorb in New Mauville to help me against the upcoming major fights.

Once I trained up my new members and went through Route 119 I challenged Winona and swept her with Ice Beam Pelipper and Thunderbolt Electrode. This next route is also where I lost my Solrock due to a surprise Crunch from a trainer's Seviper, and replaced it with my Baltoy. I took care of Team Magma and reached Mossdeep, where I challenged the twins with a Surf + Shadow Ball combo. They only have 2 Pokémon in Ruby and Sapphire, so I managed to avoid that scary fight from Emerald.

I beat team Magma once again and defeated Groudon with a Cosmic Power Claydol (I'm also not allowing legendaries in this run). Wallace wanted to fight me so I pulled off another Bulk Up Breloom sweep.

Once I finished victory road and fought Wally with minimal issues, I reached the league. After grinding and sorting out the movesets I went in.

Sidney was easy as he was pretty underleveled and I had a Breloom. Phoebe gave me PP issues, but I had a Shadow Ball Exploud that helped wall her Ghosts while dealing massive damage. I also used Breloom for Glacia which was... admitedly risky. But it worked as I didn't miss a single Sky Uppercut. I thought I'd sweep Drake with Ice Beam, but when his Salamence came he got a crit Dragon Claw on Exploud and killed it... I manged to finish him off with Pelipper's Ice Beam.

Steven was up next. Electrode OHKOed Skarmory with Thunderbolt, Pelipper KOed Armaldo, Aggron and Claydol with Surf, and Cradily with Ice Beam (Pelipper putting in work) and as Metagross came out I switched in Camerupt to finish it off with Flamethrower. As it turns out, and I forgot, his Metagross had Earthquake, which killed Camerupt in one hit. I brought in Claydol as my next plan and took it out with a few Earthquakes. The Ruby nuzlocke was done, and I had 4 deaths total.

Spoiler:

Surviving Team

Breloom (Enoki) | Jolly nature | Effect Spore
    Moves: Sky Uppercut, Mach Punch, Bulk Up, Leech Seed
    Lv. 56

Claydol (Defused) | Sassy nature | Levitate
    Moves: Psychic, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Cosmic Power
    Lv. 55 @ Never-Melt Ice

Pelipper (Rood) | Sassy nature | Keen Eye
    Moves: Surf, Wing Attack, Ice Beam, Fly
    Lv. 56 @ Mystic Water

Electrode (Nhonho) | Quirky nature | Soundproof
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Spark, Flash, Light Screen
    Lv. 55 @ Lax Incense
    Deaths (4)
    Magnitude 9 into burn damage from Maxie's Camerupt
    Crunch from a Seviper
    Crit Dragon Claw from Drake's Salamence
    Earthquake from Steven's Metagross

Current Bingo Sheet:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • The Character Challenge in Pokémon Pearl

It's here! The final challenge! Years of playing Pokémon lead to this! This is how Pokémon were meant to play!

Anyway, I had really hard time picking up a character. Pretty much everyone from Sinnoh anime and manga had at least Pokémon that wasn't available in the games during regular playthrough. I went with Zoey as my character in the end, because I really wanted to use Glameow.

I'll once again keep this short. I started with Chimchar since Zoey also used one, and solo'd Roark with it. Or to be more precise, I beat Roark with Monferno.

Once I was able to get Misdreavus in Eterna Forest and Shellos in Valley Windworks, I beat Gardenia with them. I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty hard battle, since her Roserade hit hard and Shellos had Grass weakness.

I returned in Valley Windworks to get Finneon after obtaining Good Rod. It was redundant Water-type Pokémon with Shellos, but I went with stalling strategy with it, so it had a place on team. I also got Eevee, since I used randomizer to obtain National Dex right at the start of the game. And I evolved it right away into Leafeon.

With that my team was completed, since I couldn't get Ralts. And it was pretty cool team. Two Water-types worked well, since I used Shellos as attacking Water-type and Finneon for stalling. It kinda reminded me Alomomola I've used during one of my first events here.

And it actually worked really well. Cynthia was once again the hardest battle, especially her Spiritomb, but Lumineon was able to survive everything Cynthia threw at it, even Garchomp.

And with that, I finally beat BINGO! I think I'll do one more post to sum my thoughts about this challenge with some statistic about my runs.

Team

Deni, Naughty Female Glameow
    lvl 60, Limber @Quick Claw
    - Return
    - Hypnosis
    - U-Turn
    - Shadow Claw

Magi, Quiet Female Mismagius
    lvl 61, Levitate @Twisted Spoon
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic

Gawi, Timid Male Gastrodon
    lvl 60, Storm Drain @Poison Barb
    - Surf
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam

Lumi, Brave Female Lumineon
    lvl 60, Swift Swim @Leftovers
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Attract
    - Surf

Lefi, Bashful Male Leafeon
    lvl 60, Leaf Guard @Meadow Plate
    - Giga Drain
    - Aerial Ace
    - Sand-Attack
    - Quick Attack

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Hey Janp, good job finishing the Bingo! I feel like this challenge needs a lot of commitment and it seems like you're the first one to complete it. Congratulations

Years
  • Hey Janp, good job finishing the Bingo! I feel like this challenge needs a lot of commitment and it seems like you're the first one to complete it. Congratulations
    Thanks, it was really long journey. I think I'm the first who finished it for this thread, I'm not sure if there was someone in previous threads who did it. I'm also not sure if Volga finished theirs, since they do mass updates too. But it was enjoyable experience. I used new Pokémon, found out new things about few games and tried some team combinations that I would probably never thought about otherwise.

Anyway, I wanted to make some kind of summarization of my Bingo challenges. Firstly, there are all the teams, I've used:
    Spoiler:

During the whole challenge, I've used exactly 100 unique Pokémon, counting Ivysaur and Misdreavus as different Pokémon from Venusaur and Mismagius. I've used (take these numbers with a grain of salt, I counted it by myself):

The top positions are no surprise, since I did Ghost Monotype and I did almost Grass Monotype during Sunny Days Challenge.
    I've used 8 Starter Pokémon, once again counting Ivysaur. I also never used one Pokémon more than twice. The Pokémon I've used twice are:

Which corresponds with the above.

Johto column was the first one I finished. It was followed by Kanto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola and finally Sinnoh. I have no idea why I did most Sinnoh challenges last. Maybe there weren't that interesting for me? I had really hard time picking up teams for them. I also picked remakes over originals. I've played Heart Gold and Fire Red more than originals. I also picked third version more often than not with Emerald, Ultra Moon and Platinum.

And I think that's all. I'm kinda glad that I finished this, since for the last 3 years, I really focused on this Challenge and didn't really played others. Now I'm free. And good luck to everyone who attempts this run.

Years
  • New year, want to start over with bingo....
    Username:Pumpkaboo92
    Bingo Type:7x4 (Should have gone this light last time)
    Also, only sinnoh will be hackable. Playing 4th Gen with gold.

Last edited:
    Years
  • New year, want to start over with bingo....
    Username:Pumpkaboo92
    Bingo Type:7x4 (Should have gone this light last time)
    Also, only sinnoh will be hackable. Playing 4th Gen with gold.

Here you go. Enjoy:
    Kanto
    Highest Stat DEF
    Type Link
    Love at First Sight
    Monocolour

Johto
    Solo Run
    Monotype
    Signature Move
    Duo-Species Challenge

Hoenn
    Your (User)Name Challenge
    Trio-Species Challenge
    Stone Alone
    Elite Mash Up

Sinnoh
    Rainbow Road
    The Character Challenge
    What's Your Sign?
    Monocolour

Unova
    Monoletter
    Love at First Sight
    Blood Tranfusions
    Elite Mash Up

Kalos
    Hit the Gym
    Monoletter
    The Character Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Alola
    Sunny Days
    Pick-A-Route
    Monoletter
    Scramble

Years
  • Just so you know, starting with a johto solo run, using typhlosion, I do know I'll do a houndoom and togetic/togekiss for the duo-species run~

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Here you go. I hope you'll enjoy these challenges:
    Spoiler:

Howdy and wow am I getting to these way late in the game, I just got a new laptop and have some more free time to be able to do these challenges.

Question, for challenges like the character challenge, let's say I wanted to pick a character from outside that region in the anime/manga, am I able to bring in an egg bred from another game of uncatchable mons or is that not allowed per the no trading rule?

Years
  • Hit the Gym - Pokémon Red

Wanted to get back into the the swing of things with the most simple game and a simple challenge. There really wasn't a whole lot to say other than only the first gym was really hard since I had to ditch the starter for the Pikachu at Viridian Forest and it was almost next to useless. I got through it though and after that, throughout the entire game with only about 2 or 3 grinding sessions to get newly caught Pokémon up to speed, I ended up pretty overleveled for everything since the level curve is really easy in this game (I discovered that when I played the game for the first time a year ago), I battled every trainer I found and the team I had stacked up to pretty much everything made the game a breeze from there on in.

Mr Mime was really good for the early part of the game but once I was able to fully evolve everything, every member of my team was able to put in a performance at many points of the story.

Team​
    Raichu - Level 48

- Thundershock
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Swift

Vileplume - Level 45

- Petal Dance
    - Solarbeam
    - Toxic
    - Sleep Powder

Mr Mime - Level 47

- Psychic
    - Light Screen
    - Barrier
    - Skull Bash

Starmie - Level 48

- Bubblebeam
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psywave

Rhydon - Level 46

- Dig
    - Earthquake
    - Strength
    - Rock Slide

Challenges completed - 6/49

Years
  • Rocket Challenge - Pokémon Blue

Right after I finished the Hit the Gym challenge, I decided I was in the mood to do another challenge straight after and decided on the Rocket Challenge. I decided to make my starter a Cubone since I knew it was the latest Pokemon I could get and I couldn't get a Pokemon until right before the 2nd gym. It worked well against Brock, however the problem was I needed that Bide TM since Ground moves cannot hit the Pidgey's and Sprreow's that certain trainers had that I couldn't avoid. Once I got Water Gun on Mt Moon it was a lot easier from there.
    The same thing happened as it did in my Hit the Gym challenge however this time the Elite 4 was slightly harder. Marowak ended up by far being my MVP.

Team​
    Marowak - Level 52

- Earthquake
    - Dig
    - Ice Beam
    - Bubblebeam

Victreebel - Level 50

- Razor Leaf
    - Sleep Powder
    - Acid
    - Wrap

Persian - Level 47

- Fury Swipes
    - Thunderbolt
    - Body Slam
    - Pay Day

Machamp - Level 47

- Strength
    - Submission
    - Fire Blast
    - Rock Slide

Challenges completed - 7/49

Years
  • Love at First Sight - Pokémon Red

Did this run last night while waiting for a sporting event to start, another pretty simple challenge, especially at the beginning although I actually managed to lose the Champion battle meaning I had to restart the Elite Four again and had to spend all of my money to beat it. I eventually did though and I would give my MVP to Dugtrio which really brought the hurt on a lot of Pokémon and proved to be a very solid team member.

Team​
    Venusaur - Level 46

- Cut
    - Poisonpowder
    - Razor Leaf
    - Solarbeam

Pidgeot - Level 42

- Fly
    - Sand Attack
    - Take Down