• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bush Incident.

Years
    ROTFL

Well I was laughing when I saw this at CNN yesterday. ^___^
    I showed my dad and he said not to laugh. D=
    But it's sad how a single person can incur such hate and disappointment around the world that essentially caused the crash and burn of the Republican party. I mean BOTH US Prez Candidates ran a "change" campaign! Yesh!
    Eh I was actually hoping for one to hit to show how his administration created the perfect storm for the squandering of global good will with his unilateralist policy of going at it alone (But there are many people behing the policies of this man. =/)
    At least his administration has given opportunity for President-Elect Barack Obama to push for a lot of policies needed for the future and pool a lot of political capital.
    I just hope the Secret Service's security to be better for the President-Elect Obama's administration after all of those assasination threats. He has a a lot of work ahead of him after the past 8 years mess. D=
    I actually felt pity for him after seeing his "media blitz" to "humanize" himself for the last few months.

(Well I would comment more but I have writers block XD) LOL

Anywayz here's an article on why shoes are an insult in the Arab world. =D
    https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7783325.stm

Edit: Wow Mooshy I never expected someone to still like the man's policies after 8 years under it. I mean I can understand the Republicans position but after causing the fractition of the Republican Party...well..you know. =/

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    ... but now that he's not president and no one protecting him he might die.

No. That's what the Secret Service is for. Former presidents are entitled to the Secret Services' protection for up to ten years after their term or even longer (if the current president allows it). Even their children can get protection.

....this is a classic example of disrespect :<

~Mooshykris

Ding ding.

I do feel sorry for Bush, but at least the man can make some humor of it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    He got owned. But wow the world hates him. So do my parents. Hell my whole country hates him so much they are doing satire on this. Anyway i cant believe he resolved to shoes. Im sure if it was a gun yeah he would be dead but i was watching and said oh crap they are not doin....oh there they go!

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    My opinion in full honest with almost incomprehensable speech: my first reaction to the shoe thing? Lmfao I can't believe that happened. My mother and I both laughed at the incident for various reason. Eins, Bush's face was funny. Zwei, he dodged! :o! Drei, the Iraqi dude missed by a mile on the second one. END THE GERMAN, MICHII! Four, all of it together was al;sdgjasd;lkgj XDD. I loved the size ten shoe comment, and heh, what a way to end your term. I can see the future in history books in the 2400's, "And the dislike of Bush was apparent even after Obama was elected. The Texian president had two Iraqi shoes thrown at him a month before he was to receed from his position." On the other hand, I feel sorry for the guy. It must suck to have mass amounts of people around the globe hate 'ya. And then..

Realization.

People in Iraq have been suffering so much the past five years with us, and yeah. Although what the man did was completely unethical, I can see his point of view. His family was killed, and all those around him supported his act. These people are innocent people just like us, and their lives are getting ruined. Not that they should have thrown shoes at the US president, but it's still sad. You realize that we're not the only victims of this war.

Years
    I still support Bush :<

I don't care what people think of him....this is a classic example of disrespect :<

~Mooshykris

I guess I can see why the Bush Administrations policies were quite great, just look at this. XD

https://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2008/12/02/tomo/story.jpg
    The Bush Incident.

I was wondering on when I could post up this comic strip. =P

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Lol.
    It would have been funny had it hit him.
    He would have a had a red mark on his face for a while.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    He got owned. But wow the world hates him. So do my parents. Hell my whole country hates him so much they are doing satire on this. Anyway i cant believe he resolved to shoes. Im sure if it was a gun yeah he would be dead but i was watching and said oh crap they are not doin....oh there they go!

Signature makes me die. I loved that video. *raps the obama rap* OBAMA OBAMA *brushs Dirt off shoulder.* Ahhem.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    First a pretzel, now a shoe. Bush really has some seriously bad luck with the strangest things, huh?

I realize that hitting anyone with anything is wrong, but still, it's hard to ignore the comedy component here. A pair of shoes, of all things? A brick or piece of concrete wasn't hard enough, so this guy decided to go with those trusty loafers? I understand how horrible this is, yet...well, Mitchman Is' signature kind of sums it up XD.

(I also realize that nobody would have been able to get away with a brick or something that could be used as a weapon, so no need to point that out.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2009
    Personally, I found it hilarious! And, I was surprised, that old man can move quick! I was like WTF!? I think that smile that he had on his face after the first attempt was what made him trow the other one...that...and the fact that he missed...lol

Years
    This angers me greatly. Just look at those shoes. They are BRAND NEW! Bush does not deserve new shoes. He deserves torn, falling apart, old, muddy, with unknown objects on them shoes. >:[

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    ...I'm still supporting Bush? -shoe'd-

I laughed at the whole thing. Who knew he could dodge those so quickly. Nice reflexes for an old mad eh? I feel sorry for him nonetheless however, but hey just glad it was a shoe and not a bullet. :3

Trace said:
    Bush hasn't been the best of presidents, but he's a human being.
    Humans make errors. Everybody knows Bush's errors, since he is one of the "most powerful people" in the world

Exactly my say in all this.

Years
    =P

Bush hasn't been the best of presidents, but he's a human being.
    Humans make errors. Everybody knows Bush's errors, since he is one of the "most powerful people" in the world. (Until he's out of office.)

He shouldn't have been disrespected like that, nobody should have, no matter who they are. It's pathetic that people would try and disrespect and harm Bush like that.

Well I do quite agree...but the policies of his administration has caused a degration on the United States position of great Global Influence. And with the many deaths caused by the Iraq War and hatred towards his policies somebody was bound to eventually do something like this. Bush should be happy it was just a shoe and nothing else (Even though it is a rude gesture in the Arab Culture) And remember it was not a Westener who did this...so sympathize with both the reporter and President Bush (well he is human after all =/ and as I said it's the Policies of his administration, not the person himself that we detest. We just want to remind him on how his policies have been very bad to say the least. I hope he has that in his mind by now. Yet I guess that is so with his last minute attempts to salvage his legacy with the "Media Blitz")

Eh just some added thoughts...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I would've liked it if Bush took his own shoe off and continuously belted and beat that pathetic man with his shoe. Sadly, Bush doesn't stand up and defend himself, and simply shrugs it off with a laugh. Would've at least let Bush go out in style.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Like many people in my school, I consider this nothing major. Bush didn't care if it was thrown at him or not, so why should I care if something like that happened. It's just a silly little event that happened, nothing more. Anyway, Bush has a great ability to dodge things, I'm very impressed.

I wanted McCain to win.

Last edited:
    Years
    My first initial reaction was a laugh. Not from the shoe being thrown at him (though it was pretty funny), but from what he said after; "It's a good way to get attention." (or something like that).

I guess people are going to make the most of his last month in office.

Back