• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bush Incident.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Meh I disike all political partys in Australia
    The only one that I approve of is Obama's
    But we will see
    es I dislike Bush and whats he's done but seeing him get hurt isn't a good thing
    al Human life is valuable and noone should be hurt

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Wow...loads of people hate bush.......I just dont see why! he isnt that bad a leader. Want a psychopath? Try Hitler or Stalin! Bush is no-where near as bad as them!

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    Wow...loads of people hate bush.......I just dont see why! he isnt that bad a leader. Want a psychopath? Try Hitler or Stalin! Bush is no-where near as bad as them!

You're joking right?

About the video, hilarious is all I have to say. Shame he dodged the shoe.

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
    I... couldn't stop laughing. And I do respect the shoe-dodging skillz.

I don't want the guy to get killed. I mean, his mom's a real nice lady (I've run into old Babs a couple times), and even if he was a shitty president, I'm sure he's not that bad of a guy. A little on the dumb side, but not bad.

I was kind of pissed that they said the reporter was doing it for "attention." You never know - he could have lost family members in the war. Also, they said that throwing shoes was like a huge insult in the Arab world.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    You're joking right?

About the video, hilarious is all I have to say. Shame he dodged the shoe.

No i am not joking my good sir, Bush is not a bad president....but he isnt good either hes...mediocre

Years
    Bush got something right?!?!

When I heard about Bush got attacked by a shoe, I said to myself: "Whoa, that reporter doesn't like him. And he couldn't stand looking at his face." *threw the shoe at him*

And I do admire that he ducked in time. What great reflexes. ^^ But I think everyone is tired of him. He did fine in his first term. Just his second term, he went downhill. D: Well that is what I think. I guess that reporter want to vent his anger at him, and by doing that is throwing a shoe.

Well to be frank, I think his First Term was worse than his second. At least this second term laid the diplomatic foundation for the Obama Administration. Most of the stuff we don't like him for happened in the First term. (Iraq War for example) Well the exception for the second term is the Economic Crisis of 2008.

What Bush got Right:
    www.newsweek.com/id/151731

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Good eye, Xarimo.

I hope that reporter knows that he will never get those shoes back. Those looked like dome fine cut, italian leather. What a waste.

And to those saying the secret service overreacted, you are dead wrong. What if that shoe had a bomb, like in teh air forse? Or, what if that was a bullet instead? an attack on the pres is an attack on the pres. I'm just upset that I saw no tazers.

"Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! Owie!!!"

Years
    =/

"Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! Owie!!!"

Well I didn't think that Secret Service overreacted. It's their job to Protect the Prez. I'm just happy that they did their job since they will be the ones Protecting President-Elect Obama from those assassination threats. =/ Obama already has so much in his plate other than worrying about death. D=

Also I think I've read that quote somewhere in Newsweek. =/

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Wow, I can't believe that people here actually wanted Bush to get hurt. Or die even....If you ask me that's kind of pathetic. Sure, you can fault the man for making some mistakes, but why would you fault him for doing what he thought was right for the country? (Note: Saying wars were waged for false reasons and posting links to random online blogs are some of the worst arguments ever.)

Presidencies aren't deemed good or bad while they are still going on. It takes many years and many more presidents after to let history decide if the decisions that Bush made were good ones or bad. Who knows? Maybe one of his most hated policies will turn out to be one of the most influential and helpful in our country's history. You don't know, just like I and every other person in this country don't know. So for the love of god, before you wish that the man would die, have some common respect for humanity that all you Bush haters are so fond of. You'll have Obama soon, don't worry XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Wow, I can't believe that people here actually wanted Bush to get hurt. Or die even....If you ask me that's kind of pathetic. Sure, you can fault the man for making some mistakes, but why would you fault him for doing what he thought was right for the country?

It's not so much that I want to see him hurt (I don't particularly have a desire for it, actually) as it is that somebody felt the need to throw a shoe at him. Whether you love Bush or hate him, the idea alone of someone randomly throwing a shoe at the President of the United States is incredible.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    It's not so much that I want to see him hurt (I don't particularly have a desire for it, actually) as it is that somebody felt the need to throw a shoe at him. Whether you love Bush or hate him, the idea alone of someone randomly throwing a shoe at the President of the United States is incredible.

Lol....No I totally agree. I thought the whole situation was hilarious. And it's not like a show was going to hurt him at all. I mean really, couldn't that guy have thrown anything better if he was actually trying to hurt him? =P

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Lol....No I totally agree. I thought the whole situation was hilarious. And it's not like a show was going to hurt him at all. I mean really, couldn't that guy have thrown anything better if he was actually trying to hurt him? =P

Well, anything that could have been used as a better weapon probably would have been confiscated even before Bush showed up. They have security there for a reason, after all.

And, because nobody here has said it yet:

George Bush was bequeathed a boot to the head.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I saw this on the news last night, absolutely hilarious. He certainly dodged it pretty quickly.

And I can't believe the number of "throw a shoe at Bush" Flash games that have popped up since then.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    The Bush Incident.

Pure gold. I honestly thought that something like this had happened a long time ago, but I suppose not. Either way, it's funny to watch- He must have prepared himself for this moment during his entire political career.

Years

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    First time I saw this it made me lol so hard... I still do. There is nothing serious about it, just a reporter who was quite annoyed at Bush for 'insulting him' and then a shoe was thrown. It was as if George Bush was expecting it, did you see his face after it? He was laughing. I just wish it had hit him dead square in the head.

Back