• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Years
I am upset that Lana didn't catch Dewpider. I hope that she doesn't become the first main character to never have a single team change.

As much as I don't want to say it, I think she will make history for the wrong reasons by indeed becoming the first main character to not catch or evolve any Pokemon. Mallow at least had an evolution, but no new captures.

I am getting concerned that the rest of SM will constantly give development to Ash and Ash only. And that's all because he's the main protagonist and has to steal the spotlight from everyone else, and he's also been the only one in the group that's been allowed to have a full team since BW.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
As much as I don't want to say it, I think she will make history for the wrong reasons by indeed becoming the first main character to not catch or evolve any Pokemon. Mallow at least had an evolution, but no new captures.

I am getting concerned that the rest of SM will constantly give development to Ash and Ash only. And that's all because he's the main protagonist and has to steal the spotlight from everyone else, and he's also been the only one in the group that's been allowed to have a full team since BW.

After finally watching the Episode, I don?t think Lana will go the entire series without a capture. I base this on two factors. 1) Kiawe has a 2nd Pokemon and he has a Z-Ring. Since Lana has a Z-Ring, it?s a logical conclusion that she will get another Pokemon at some point(why it hasn?t happened yet is beyond me). 2) It is noted in that Dewpider Episode that Dewpider wasn?t ready for a Trainer(was busy establishing its new Kingdom). In other words, when it?s done building it?s Kingdom, it will go claim it?s Queen(or in this case Lana and Lana is open to catching it when the time is right).

What bugs me to no end though is Mallow not catching a 2nd Pokemon. Episode 39..... SMH.

Years
After finally watching the Episode, I don?t think Lana will go the entire series without a capture. I base this on two factors. 1) Kiawe has a 2nd Pokemon and he has a Z-Ring. Since Lana has a Z-Ring, it?s a logical conclusion that she will get another Pokemon at some point(why it hasn?t happened yet is beyond me). 2) It is noted in that Dewpider Episode that Dewpider wasn?t ready for a Trainer(was busy establishing its new Kingdom). In other words, when it?s done building it?s Kingdom, it will go claim it?s Queen(or in this case Lana and Lana is open to catching it when the time is right).

What bugs me to no end though is Mallow not catching a 2nd Pokemon. Episode 39..... SMH.

At least it's nice that there was some dialogue that teased that Dewpider may be caught in a future episode, so maybe I guess it's going to be a Buneary situation in that it doesn't get caught in its first appearance but gets caught later on. Except that in the case with Dawn and Buneary, she failed to catch two Buneary before finally catching the one in DP009.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
At least it's nice that there was some dialogue that teased that Dewpider may be caught in a future episode, so maybe I guess it's going to be a Buneary situation in that it doesn't get caught in its first appearance but gets caught later on. Except that in the case with Dawn and Buneary, she failed to catch two Buneary before finally catching the one in DP009.

We can all hope for a 2nd capture for our neglected and disgraced Female cast but after watching Episode 72, I was waiting for the Evolution of Steenee but it never came. The last time Mallow had a real Cooking oriented Episode(aka Episode 18 or over 50 Episodes ago), her Pokemon evolved. No such outcome this time around despite Steenee being integral to their success in the competition. I suppose we didn?t get an Evolution because it didn?t have to fight like it did in Episode 18.

While we?ve discussed ad nauseum the reasons Mallow and Lana deserve a 2nd Pokemon, we?ve been overlooking the fact it?s been 15+ Episodes since the Aether arc ended and nothing for Lillie either. I?d like to see her get an Eevee and/or Clefairy based on her rapport with her mother?s Clefable.

Years
While we?ve discussed ad nauseum the reasons Mallow and Lana deserve a 2nd Pokemon, we?ve been overlooking the fact it?s been 15+ Episodes since the Aether arc ended and nothing for Lillie either. I?d like to see her get an Eevee and/or Clefairy based on her rapport with her mother?s Clefable.

That reminds me, Lillie uses a Clefairy in the games so it would be fitting for her. But if she gets Eevee, the writers will likely avoid Glaceon (because of May) or Sylveon (since Serena has it).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
That reminds me, Lillie uses a Clefairy in the games so it would be fitting for her. But if she gets Eevee, the writers will likely avoid Glaceon (because of May) or Sylveon (since Serena has it).

If she got Eevee, who is to say she would evolve it. Let?s not forget that Movie 21 may ultimately reveal some new Eevee evolution. In which case Lillie would be the test tube or current cast member to showcase it. However, if there is no new evolution, then the odds are that it will become an Espeon to highlight the Sun/Moon Evolution of not only Lycanroc but Eevee as well.

Rest assured it won?t be Jolteon(already got three Electric Pokemon in Pikachu, Togedemaru and Charjabug), Flareon(Kiawe?s Pokemon fill that role), Vaporeon(Lana) or Leafeon(Mallow). That leaves Ice, Fairy and Psychic since Gladion has Dark covered with Umbreon. Part of me thinks she?s going to get a Sylveon if she happens to get an Eevee. Lillie loves Fairy types and seeing as Alolan Ninetales is part Fairy, I can see her becoming a Fairy Type Trainer.

Last edited:
Years
I do agree that Lillie will most likely catch Fairy-types, since she tended to use them in US/UM. In addition to that Clefairy, she also used Ribombee and Comfey in the Battle Tree when chosen as an AI partner.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I do agree that Lillie will most likely catch Fairy-types, since she tended to use them in US/UM. In addition to that Clefairy, she also used Ribombee and Comfey in the Battle Tree when chosen as an AI partner.

Anyone find it complete BS that Acerola(whose characterization is pretty spot on) catches a Gengar while our neglected Female cast has yet to sniff a 2nd capture outside of say Lana? On another note... only took TR nearly 50 Episodes to finally make use of that Dark-Z(and get the Mimikyu one no less). Also the ending to 73... talk about a middle finger. No buildup that Ash is going to Ula?Ula and when Ash went to Akala, the class went with him. Not this time so what the hell gives(and if they?re doing this for Ula?Ula, why couldn?t they do this from the beginning and remove the ?classmates? altogether). ?Mini-Rant? over.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I wonder what Ash's sixth capture is gonna be, if he's even getting one that is.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
We have seen most of the Alolan Pokemon at this point I believe. So he is limited. We haven't seen all of the Alolan Forms yet, but I doubt he would catch another Muk or Grimer and I don't see him catching another Electric Pokemon.

We can't rule out the possibility of new pokemon showing up in Pokemon Let's Go. I know it is supposed to be only the original 151, but it is possible for there to be new pokemon. Unlikely, but it can't be ruled out. We know there are is at least 1 new Pokemon in Pokemon Go, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are new pokemon in Let's Go as well, since we need Let's Go to get the new pokemon in Go.

The English TPC confirmed that it was a completely new pokemon that has never been seen and since Zeraora has been reveled for a while now, it is likely a new pokemon.

Since Ash caught a Poipole and got Dusk Lycanroc, it wouldn't be surprising if they continue the trend.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
We have seen most of the Alolan Pokemon at this point I believe. So he is limited. We haven't seen all of the Alolan Forms yet, but I doubt he would catch another Muk or Grimer and I don't see him catching another Electric Pokemon.

We can't rule out the possibility of new pokemon showing up in Pokemon Let's Go. I know it is supposed to be only the original 151, but it is possible for there to be new pokemon. Unlikely, but it can't be ruled out. We know there are is at least 1 new Pokemon in Pokemon Go, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are new pokemon in Let's Go as well, since we need Let's Go to get the new pokemon in Go.

The English TPC confirmed that it was a completely new pokemon that has never been seen and since Zeraora has been reveled for a while now, it is likely a new pokemon.

Since Ash caught a Poipole and got Dusk Lycanroc, it wouldn't be surprising if they continue the trend.

We've seen all the Alolan forms barring Sandshrew/Sandslash(which is coming in Episode 80) and Grimer(although who gives a damn about Grimer when we've seen Muk and Ash already owns a Kanto Muk). Its either a legendary bird or possibly a new Mew form like a Mewthree(or some better name) that Team Rocket developed(hence giving a reason to "Ash-pull" ourselves back to Kanto for w/e reason in the Anime).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023

I believe that the mystery Pokemon is a new Mythical.

Years
I bet Ash won't catch any Alolan forms, since Lillie and Kiawe both have one. I think it's clear that with Ash, the writers are only giving him the Pokemon that are completely new to the generation and not a new form of an existing older-gen Pokemon, which Alolan forms are categorised as.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I bet Ash won't catch any Alolan forms, since Lillie and Kiawe both have one. I think it's clear that with Ash, the writers are only giving him the Pokemon that are completely new to the generation and not a new form of an existing older-gen Pokemon, which Alolan forms are categorised as.

If you're right, then it points to Lillie potentially(won't say it's a lock based on past episodes...) catching Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash in Episode 80 in about 3 weeks. I was also looking back at what I said months ago and man was I wrong on so many levels lol(particularly involving Litten. Odds are it's going to become Incineroar now). What I did find interesting though is that Sun and Moon is taking their sweet time in Ash filling out his roster. It took him until Episode 55 in XY to catch Goomy while it was Episode 67 for SM and Poipole. The 6th Pokemon was Episode 76 in Noibat for XY. We're still waiting on Sun and Moon, although we can't get too annoyed as Ash took 108 Episodes in AG to get #6(Snorunt). If Ash doesn't get #6 by then(considering the series length), SM will earn another blemish.

Years
If you're right, then it points to Lillie potentially(won't say it's a lock based on past episodes...) catching Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash in Episode 80 in about 3 weeks. I was also looking back at what I said months ago and man was I wrong on so many levels lol(particularly involving Litten. Odds are it's going to become Incineroar now). What I did find interesting though is that Sun and Moon is taking their sweet time in Ash filling out his roster. It took him until Episode 55 in XY to catch Goomy while it was Episode 67 for SM and Poipole. The 6th Pokemon was Episode 76 in Noibat for XY. We're still waiting on Sun and Moon, although we can't get too annoyed as Ash took 108 Episodes in AG to get #6(Snorunt). If Ash doesn't get #6 by then(considering the series length), SM will earn another blemish.

I do predict Ash won't even catch a sixth team member due to the limited options for 7th Gen Pokemon, especially since the writers are excluding him from getting Alolan Forms. Doesn't also help that Poipole will likely be released at the end of the series, which now seems to be confirmed for an end sometime in 2019.

My bet is that the SM anime finishes in October or November 2019, and then the 8th Gen saga starts.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I do predict Ash won't even catch a sixth team member due to the limited options for 7th Gen Pokemon, especially since the writers are excluding him from getting Alolan Forms. Doesn't also help that Poipole will likely be released at the end of the series, which now seems to be confirmed for an end sometime in 2019.

My bet is that the SM anime finishes in October or November 2019, and then the 8th Gen saga starts.

I think that Ash is getting a sixth team member. He needs one for the league.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well if Ash's 6th member is one of his old members(say when he goes back to Kanto for w/e reason to promote LGP/LGE), I'd like to see him add Gible because I want him to get a Garchomp god damnit.

Years
I think that Ash is getting a sixth team member. He needs one for the league.

There may be a chance he could bring a reserve if he visits Kanto for Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee promotion. My guess is it would be a Pokemon he caught in Kanto.

If I had to choose one, I'd really want him to bring Kingler since it hasn't been seen since the Johto saga, and the fact that Ash's Alola team has no Water-type on it (mostly due to Lana getting the Alolan Water-types). But knowing the writers, they'll probably shove in Bulbasaur or Charizard, but there's the chance even Squirtle could return.

I doubt Charizard though, since Ash will probably have Incineroar for a Fire-type. Ash will most likely follow what he did in Hoenn, Unova and Kalos and use mostly the regional team again, but a reserve could be happening if he fails to catch a sixth Alolan team member in time.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
There may be a chance he could bring a reserve if he visits Kanto for Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee promotion. My guess is it would be a Pokemon he caught in Kanto.

If I had to choose one, I'd really want him to bring Kingler since it hasn't been seen since the Johto saga, and the fact that Ash's Alola team has no Water-type on it (mostly due to Lana getting the Alolan Water-types). But knowing the writers, they'll probably shove in Bulbasaur or Charizard, but there's the chance even Squirtle could return.

I doubt Charizard though, since Ash will probably have Incineroar for a Fire-type. Ash will most likely follow what he did in Hoenn, Unova and Kalos and use mostly the regional team again, but a reserve could be happening if he fails to catch a sixth Alolan team member in time.

Here's a thought.... Pidgeot!!

*Edit* Here's another thought that might actually be plausible. With the announcement of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, what better way to promote it than to give Ash an Eevee? Before you claim its ludicrous to suggest such a thing, let me explain. Ash already has Pikachu so by giving him Eevee it'd be obvious promotion. Secondly, Gladion has Umbreon and Umbreon's counterpart is Espeon(which Red has in Generation 2 games) and would give Ash a Psychic type to play with(hasn't had one since... well ever I think lol).

The only counter-argument to that is that Eevee would go to Lillie(and consequently Espeon) to promote the "Co-Op" mode to the games(hence hinting Lillie joining him in Kanto if they were to return).

Last edited:
Back