• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I don't think that any old Pokemon are coming back. I think that Ash will catch a 6th Alolan Pokemon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Sorry, but Ash is not getting Alolan Sandshrew. It's looking like Lillie is getting it.

While Lillie looks to be commanding one in the Episode preview, it doesn?t mean she?s going to catch it. This series has an unfortunate streak or reputation of teasing but never following through when it comes to catches. Do you see Sandshrew with Lillie in the series opening? No you don?t. Poipole was the only capture since the end of the Aether Arc because it was spoiled in the intro(its with Ash and based on the dialogue when it was caught suggests that it will be released at the end of the series).

Everyone thought Ash was going to catch Pasimian but that never materialized. Then there is Lana and Dewpider, although who?s to say that won?t occur in the next season of Sun and Moon. Plus Alolan Sandshrew just doesn?t fit with Lillie as I see it. She?s a Fairy Type Trainer and it appears she finds an Ice Stone(which is required to evolve both Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix). Since Alolan Ninetales is part Fairy Type, it just points to Snowy evolving at some point(which cant be ascertained from openings unless they explicitly show it) or Lillie deciding not to evolve her Fox Pokemon by following in the steps of Ash(who has chosen not to evolve Pikachu).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
While Lillie looks to be commanding one in the Episode preview, it doesn't mean she's going to catch it. This series has an unfortunate streak or reputation of teasing but never following through when it comes to catches. Do you see Sandshrew with Lillie in the series opening? No you don't. Poipole was the only capture since the end of the Aether Arc because it was spoiled in the intro(its with Ash and based on the dialogue when it was caught suggests that it will be released at the end of the series).

Everyone thought Ash was going to catch Pasimian but that never materialized. Then there is Lana and Dewpider, although who's to say that won't occur in the next season of Sun and Moon. Plus Alolan Sandshrew just doesn't fit with Lillie as I see it. She's a Fairy Type Trainer and it appears she finds an Ice Stone(which is required to evolve both Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix). Since Alolan Ninetales is part Fairy Type, it just points to Snowy evolving at some point(which cant be ascertained from openings unless they explicitly show it) or Lillie deciding not to evolve her Fox Pokemon by following in the steps of Ash(who has chosen not to evolve Pikachu).

They can easily change her specialty type to Ice.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Well, Lillie didn't catch Sandshrew. I've now lost all hope for the girls getting second captures.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well, Lillie didn't catch Sandshrew. I've now lost all hope for the girls getting second captures.

Suffice to say that if they get 2nd captures, it won't be until Season 2(Season 3 of English Dub) of Sun and Moon. However, with the way this series is going, I'd peg it at above average chance of them not catching anything(which is sad really and only makes the latest crack video by PRB12 even more demoralizing since the last joke just pours salt into an open wound).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Suffice to say that if they get 2nd captures, it won't be until Season 2(Season 3 of English Dub) of Sun and Moon. However, with the way this series is going, I'd peg it at above average chance of them not catching anything(which is sad really and only makes the latest crack video by PRB12 even more demoralizing since the last joke just pours salt into an open wound).

It would be even more heartbreaking for Lana. If she doesn't catch any more Pokemon and Popplio doesn't evolve, she would become the first main character to never get any team changes.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
SM82 has been leaked and it's looking like Steenee is evolving.

Based on what Mallow did in Episode 80, I'm surprised it didn't evolve right then and there. To be perfectly honest though, Steenee evolving, much less an Evolution or team change for the Female cast, is LONG overdue. Seriously the last change was Bounsweet evolving into Steenee back in Episode 18. Heck I would have thought it'd evolve during Episode 72 or Mallow's Brother Episode wherein it'd highlight her growth.

With so many characters, you'd think catches and/or Evolutions would be far more frequent. Also... based on the series' track record, don't get your hopes up.

Years
It would be even more heartbreaking for Lana. If she doesn't catch any more Pokemon and Popplio doesn't evolve, she would become the first main character to never get any team changes.

Keep in mind that in SM071, Lana wanted to let Dewpider settle in before she planned to catch it. So basically, there is a hint she may catch Dewpider in a future episode. It would be outright cruel to let her become the worst companion of the series in terms of team changes.

Shame that Popplio is being prevented from evolution thanks to merchandise most likely.

Years
Tbh, I feel like none of Ash's classmates are going to get any major team changes at this point....

Which will likely confirm my speculation that they will go down as the worst companions to date. Even Serena and Iris got better treatment, despite never getting a full team.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So is everyone in agreement that Pokemon is a sexist Anime due to their sheer mistreatment of Female characters over the past 6+ years? Oh and Best Wishes breathes a sigh of relief as no longer being the worst Pokemon series?

To stay on topic though, I see Torracat evolving at some point(perhaps tomorrow).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think Hika has a point :/ This isn't Digimon, where the cute companion monsters return after having been temporarily transformed into war machines. They don't want to evolve all the pokémon, because they want the smol pals to remain.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
So is everyone in agreement that Pokemon is a sexist Anime due to their sheer mistreatment of Female characters over the past 6+ years? Oh and Best Wishes breathes a sigh of relief as no longer being the worst Pokemon series?

To stay on topic though, I see Torracat evolving at some point(perhaps tomorrow).

Nope. Sadly, Torracat didn't evolve.

In my opinion, I can't see Torracat evolving any time soon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
All the hype about Steenee evolving next Episode has gotten me more and more convinced its not going to happen based on the series track record. Snowy/Snowball could have evolved two weeks ago and Torracat had the opportunity to evolve yesterday but instead learned a new move. I agree with Hikamaru that Steenee will learn a new move as opposed to evolving simply because that's how this series has been for the first 80+ Episodes. We've had one whopping Evolution and it was 64 Episodes ago. What's the rush in evolving is basically the theme for this series.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well I'm glad Ash didn't catch the Passimian. Apparently Passimian's episode has been banned in English. First banned episode for a controversial reason in a long time. (Not counting ones that were cancelled because of natural disasters.)

Back