• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Cat's Meow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years

• The Cat's Meow

[alink id=intro]Introduction[/alink id] | [alink id=rules]Rules[/alink id] | [alink id=cats]The Cats[/alink id] | [alink id=members]Members[/alink id] | [alink id=links]Links & Affiliates[/alink id]

[a id]intro[/a id]

Welcome!

To PC's first (well, to my knowledge) feline fan club. This club is devoted to all Pokémon with feline traits, such as Meowth, Skitty, Glameow, etc.

Our current topic is:
    What new cat-like abilities would you like to see in upcoming generations?
    Consider how it could benefit (or hinder) a cat as well as what type of cat it would suit.

[a id]rules[/a id]

Rules

Most people agree: rules suck, but they're necessary. Ours are pretty simple, so you shouldn't have any trouble following them:

✕ Follow the forum-wide Community Rules. You should be doing this regardless of where you post.
    ✕ Respect your fellow members. Friendly debate is encouraged, but let's keep the flame wars to a minimum, shall we?
    ✕ To join, simply ask to do so. You may choose a feline Pokémon to call your partner as well as a nickname to go with it, but this is optional. Feel free to take a crack at our current topic while you're at it.
    ✕ Normal members cannot outright change the topic, but they can request a topic change and/or suggest the next topic.
    ✕ If you have any questions, you may direct them towards me or any willing member.
    ✕ Have fun~!​

[a id]cats[/a id]

The Cats

The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow
    The Cat's Meow

[a id]members[/a id]

Members

Owner: Inkpuddle
    The Cat's Meow

Co-Owner: - -

Active Members:
    Wolflare
    The Cat's Meow

Ice Queen
    The Cat's Meow

RebelliousDuck
    The Cat's Meow

Spinosaurus
    The Cat's Meow

dragonomega
    The Cat's Meow

Akiyuki Aretukasu
    The Cat's Meow

~Kawaii~
    The Cat's Meow

Stoney the Togekiss
    The Cat's Meow

aguinn99
    The Cat's Meow

Catman9222
    The Cat's Meow

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
    The Cat's Meow

Regeneration
    The Cat's Meow

shinysweety
    The Cat's Meow

Xilfer123
    The Cat's Meow

Amore
    The Cat's Meow

Inactive/On Hiatus:
    - -

NOTE: If you've been a member for at least a week and you're not here, feel free to pester me into updating.

[a id]links[/a id]

Links & Affiliates

Userbars, Banners, and Avatars:

by Inkpuddle
    Spoiler:

by Xilfer123
    Spoiler:

by Akiyuki Aretukasu
    Spoiler:

Affiliates:
    None yet. If you'd like to affiliate with The Cat's Meow, feel free to leave a message in the thread or send me a PM.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    A spy with a Suicune from WH has entered the room (me + cune partner joinnn).

What's your favorite feline Pokémon, and what do you like most about it?
    Suicune...because I like its design? :( I like Water- and Ice-types (Suicune pretty much is an Ice-type in my opinion) too. I guess it's fun to use in battle, but that doesn't really matter for me liking it, just a bonus. Other favorites are Jolteon, Leperdas, and Umbreon.

First post shapowah. >:D This reminds me...I forgot to add the current topics to WH. Oh and nice CSS by the way.

Also, maybe Growlithe/Arcanine could be considered, since they do originate from Shisas (and Haetaes, which are similar to Shisas) which are creatures with lion, tiger, and wolf features. It has tiger stripes too, but it still is more like a dog even though it's most likely a Shisa. Electabuzz is kind of cat-like too...but Elekid and Electivire are definitely not lol.

Last edited:

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
  • What's your favorite feline Pokémon, and what do you like most about it?
    Glaceon because it looks like a beautiful goddess. And i love Ice types.
    Also Glaceon as partner if I'm able too.

Stellar

Years
  • Also, maybe Growlithe/Arcanine could be considered, since they do originate from Shisas (and Haetaes, which are similar to Shisas) which are creatures with lion, tiger, and wolf features. It has tiger stripes too, but it still is more like a dog even though it's most likely a Shisa. Electabuzz is kind of cat-like too...but Elekid and Electivire are definitely not lol.
    You're right, I completely forgot about Growlithe and Arcanine. @_@ I don't see a reason not to add them for now; if the question comes up again, I'll hold a vote.

As for Electabuzz, the only thing I find particularly cat-like about it are its stripes/tail, and according to Bulbapedia this is because it's likely based on an oni who wore tiger stripes. I'll keep it in mind for the future, but I'll leave them out for the time being since they're not directly related to cats.

Also, welcome to the group, you filthy spy. n_n

Glaceon because it looks like a beautiful goddess. And i love Ice types.
    Also Glaceon as partner if I'm able too.
    Welcome~ I prefer Leafeon myself, but Glaceon is very pretty. A friend of mine and I often have debates on who's the better Eeveelution because we have nothing better to do with our time.

Members list updated~

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    Can I join please?

Hmmm... That's a tough one. Probably Absol or Weavile. I loved them both when they made their appearances in the Mystery dungeon games. I also like dark types so I suppose that contributes to it as well.

Also, could I have Weavile as my partner please?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Imma join with Meowth as a partner. :D
    Meowth. I like its design. And it's my favorite in anime. xD Plus, I like using it in battles. :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • What's your favorite feline Pokémon, and what do you like most about it?
    Jolteon, cause it's full of awesomeness. I love training all the Eon's up, and battling with them, but Jolteon is the best because of its cute little spikes :x

Although I want this fella
    The Cat's Meow
    Her nickname shall be Quinn

Nice CSS. And only a few posts :o

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Could I join? I love cats. I have 5 living with me. <3

My favorite feline Pokemon is Mew, but it isn't on this list (for whatever reason). I know some people say Mew is more like a mouse than a cat, but the name literally means "meow".

As for a partner, can I choose Weavile? It reminds me of my favorite original character, Kj (Kahj), an ice neko who has long elf-like ears and can form large icy claws. He also has red eyes and wears dark clothing (even if it is just pants). Only thing that throws it off is the fact that Kj is pale, has white hair and a LONG tail.

As for a nickname, Kj. lol

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Ooh deary me, I simply must join this with my beloved Skitty, Kitty.

Skitty, gorgeous design, and genrally a gorgeous Pokémon. My favourite Pokémon of Gen III..

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • You can't expect a cat lover like me to not join! :3

I'll have a Luxray named Pookie, after my cat!

If you guys saw her, you'd probaly say that she looks more like Purugly, but I'm going off of her black fur & yellowish eyes.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    You're right, I completely forgot about Growlithe and Arcanine. @_@ I don't see a reason not to add them for now; if the question comes up again, I'll hold a vote.

As for Electabuzz, the only thing I find particularly cat-like about it are its stripes/tail, and according to Bulbapedia this is because it's likely based on an oni who wore tiger stripes. I'll keep it in mind for the future, but I'll leave them out for the time being since they're not directly related to cats.[/s]
    Okiee.

My favorite feline Pokemon is Mew, but it isn't on this list (for whatever reason). I know some people say Mew is more like a mouse than a cat, but the name literally means "meow".
    I agree, Mew and Mewtwo should be cats.

Also, can normal members post topics?

Stellar

Years
  • Hmmm... That's a tough one. Probably Absol or Weavile. I loved them both when they made their appearances in the Mystery dungeon games. I also like dark types so I suppose that contributes to it as well.

Also, could I have Weavile as my partner please?
    As far as Dark-types go, Absol and Weavile are definitely among my favorites. Nice choice. o/

Meowth. I like its design. And it's my favorite in anime. xD Plus, I like using it in battles. :D
    I used to hate Meowth in the anime until the first movie came out. After that little confrontation with his clone, I respected him a lot more. It was horribly cliche, but still pretty meaningful.

Jolteon, cause it's full of awesomeness. I love training all the Eon's up, and battling with them, but Jolteon is the best because of its cute little spikes :x
    YESSSS. /brofist
    Jolteon is one of my two favorite Pokémon, it's just so cute and fuzzy but equally full of win. :B

As for a partner, can I choose Weavile? It reminds me of my favorite original character, Kj (Kahj), an ice neko who has long elf-like ears and can form large icy claws. He also has red eyes and wears dark clothing (even if it is just pants). Only thing that throws it off is the fact that Kj is pale, has white hair and a LONG tail.
    Oh god, thank you so much for catching that. @_@ I meant to add Mew and Mewtwo, but I must've missed them as I was downloading the sprites. You can change your partner to Mew if you want, although that your OC of yours does sound pretty interesting. o_o

Skitty, gorgeous design, and genrally a gorgeous Pokémon. My favourite Pokémon of Gen III..
    Skitty is really adorable, but for some reason I just can't seem to get past its tail. I'd probably like it a lot more if it had a more cat-like tail. D:

I'll have a Luxray named Pookie, after my cat!
    I lol'd. Pookie is an adorable name for such a threatening looking Pokemon. :3

Welcome to the group guys, the member's list has been updated. o/

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • The Cat's Meow

I would like to join with the above Pokemon.(I love cats XD =])
    obviously the one above.I dont know its name or anything but when I saw it I went XDXDXD =] so its my favorite!

Stellar

Years
  • obviously the one above.I dont know its name or anything but when I saw it I went XDXDXD =] so its my favorite!
    That would be Choroneko, one of my favorite 5th gen Pokemon. :3 Welcome aboard.

I think we got enough members for a new topic question but i don't know if I'm allowed to make topic questions.
    I should've brought that up in the rules, sorry. @_@
    You can suggest a new topic if you want, I'll add it to the welcome message once people start responding~

Catman9222

1337 l\/l4573R
    Years
  • Hi! Since my name is Catman... I think I like cat pokemon quite a bit
    As for my partner... How 'bout an Absol called Abyss

I once though up an evo for absol named Abyssol, it's ability was Levitate, and it had large black wings, one dragonic the other feathered, but I can't draw so... it never made its way to paper

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Definitely joining the club.
    Persian. First of all it has that elegant, classy appearance (heck, it's the Classy Cat Pokemon!) and it's also the first Pokemon I knew I had to include on my team.

Persian will be my choice Pokemon, named Lisa (like every Persian I train in-game is named, even when my character is also named Lisa xD)

Years
  • Awwww..!! This group is so cute! I absolutely loooooooooveeeee cats!

Favourite cat Pokemon? It would be Skitty! It is totally adorable and I remember while playing Pokemon Emerald a few years ago, I would use it for contests~ ^_^

So, I like to join this group and have Skitty as my partner!

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
  • Topic Question:(we got enough members and i thought i would add this question so people got a reason to post on the club)
    What's your favorite Eeveelution?
    Mine is Glaceon because like i said in my first post Glaceon is beautiful and graceful and an Ice type.

Stellar

Years
  • Updated rules, topic, and members list. Welcome to the group, guys. o/

What's your favorite Eeveelution?
    Shiny Umbreon is probably the coolest looking Pokemon in existence, but if shinies don't count then I have to say Jolteon is my favorite, followed closely by Vaporeon and Leafeon. <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back