• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "clan" Organization thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years

The Clan – Organization Thread v.4

Introduction to The Clan

The Clan is a group of competitive and friendly pokemon players. We strive to improve and be the best just like any other clan. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place for Clan members to seek within-clan battles, discuss upcoming or current Clan events, for others to seek membership or challenge the clan as a whole, and to provide a resource for members.

While we are perfectly willing to aid new players and battle them, our aim is to be a group of talented and experienced players, and that is primarily what we will look for in new members.

Welcome the returning leader

Glad to be back and glad to see so many people have taken the interest in this clan. Thank you to Okami for keeping this alive. I know you'll be back

Shoddy battle

I would like to expand the clan onto shoddy battle. Would be a great way to test out teams for wifi battles and will be much easier to teach and help players get better with direct interaction. If you have/are getting shoddy battle, Please post your shoddy battle name.

New Members
    Welcome World King to the clan.

Current News
    2/23 - I, sims796, have been apointed co-leader, or overseer of sorts. Remeber, NightofShadow is still the head leader of this clan.

Current Clan Events
    Title - CLAN TOURNEY
    Event Coordinators: So far, just sims796 & Sharinganfalmes. I would love more assistance.
    Details: None.
    Prizes: Untouched mystery legend (more detail later)
    Link: None.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How to Join

This is not an organization for new players, and not for those who cannot behave themselves.

In order to join, you need to show that you have skill in pokemon battling and can act maturely. Contact one of the Clan Leaders in the list below and ask to be admitted. You will then battle under conditions set by that person. If your battle sufficiently proves your skill or if you have previously demonstrated your skill to the tester in other battles, then you will be admitted. Admittance is not necessarily determined by your victory.

If you have any questions on what kinds of things you can do to show your skill, talk to any clan member, but especially talk to Recruiters or the Leader. If the person who is testing you does not give any battle conditions, assume the following clauses are in effect: Sleep, Evasion, Uber, OHKO, and Species (details on clauses below).

Contact list - celestial_okami, Name, Pkmn Breeder Jack, SharinganFlames, sims796
    Please only contact these people if you have questions. If you are looking for a test battle please just post in this thread.

Clan positions

If you are interested in taking up one of the following positions, please contact the Leader or a Recruiter.

The Leader decides the rules and approves clan decisions.
    Recruiters may add members to the clan and assist in its management.
    Event coordinators have the responsibility of running clan events.

Providers supply items, pokemon, or services for clan distribution or events.
    Graphics directors create and submit graphics for clan members, events, and the front page.

Clan Rules Page

We in the Clan have a reputation to uphold as civilized, reputable, and dedicated pokemon battlers. As such, we ask that you abide by these rules when representing the clan in this forum and in other circumstances, (except when they would conflict in which case we ask you to abide by the rules of the forum or other location you are representing the clan in). Failure to abide by the rules can get you warned or kicked from the clan.

1. Declare your membership in your signature.
    2. Be respectful of other clan members, other clans, and non-clan members.
    3. No deceit.
    4. If you use a piece or hardware or software to create or modify pokemon (a method commonly known as 'hacking'), you will not use said pokemon unless your opponent gives informed consent to their use.

5. Remain active in the Clan - (See spoiler)
    Spoiler:

6. Show proper battle etiquette. - (See spoiler)
    Spoiler:

7. Clan wars: I know this is something alot of people want to do. Sadly I personally am not a fan of them, So unless someone can give me a perfectly good reason as for why we should go to war with another clan, There will be NO clan wars in relation to this clan.

Clan Benefits
    Being in the clan provides you certain benefits.

1. Ability to participate in clan-only events.
    2. A handy place to post when you want to battle people from this clan.
    3. Access to advice on team building or tweaking from other skilled battlers.
    4. Access to free items, pokemon, and breeding and EV training services.
    5. Increase in social status and self-esteem from being part of an ingroup. =P

Please contact the following people in regards to free services:
    I = Items, P = Pokemon, B = Breeding, T = Training.

Spoiler:

Distribution of free items, pokemon, and breeding and training services is not unlimited. It takes these people time to do these for you, and they are not obligated to respond to any request given to them 'lest they be swamped with such requests. Each person may have their own system or conditions and may ask you to fulfill their requests before they fulfill yours.

Pokemon Resources

Clauses
    Wi-Fi battles often involve player-enforced clauses which seek to balance the game to be more fair. Here they are for your reference.
    Spoiler:

All clan battles use the following clauses by default - Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Species, and Uber.

Simple Tier Explanation
    Spoiler:

Smogon's tier list is probably the most reliable at this point given the community dedicated to the metagame there, but feel free to discuss with your battle partner if you believe a pokemon should be allowed in your battle which a tier list would exclude.

Other Pokemon Sites and Tools

Here are some resources for the aspiring pokmon master. Please note that neither Pokemon Community forum staff nor myself can vouch for the accuracy or content of material presented on these other sites. This is the internet of course, but just thought I would give you a reminder.

Also, I have developed a damage calculator spreadsheet in Excel that could prove useful, and I have included many comments so that you can understand what each entry is for.

Spoiler:

Clan Members
    Head Leader - Nightofshadow/Richard Lynch
    Second in command - Loto, Name, sims796
    Regular members - Alakazam17, DarkSpace, Ichaste Pekoni, Kuro, Lady Nicole, Lost Heart, Lumine, Mike Ukiuki, Shinypoke666, silver%, TheSharinganWar, Umanouski, Xairmo, World King.
    Missing / Inactive Members - _Prince_, Auraoa, c_dog, Forced, Kittyipawd (formerly TDB_leader), Ooka, Sabaku no Gaara, Shiraishi, Tortured_Soul, Warheart.
    Left -Loto, Ooka

Banners
    Here are some banners made by clan members to put in your signature
    (just add IMG tags around the code)

Code:
    #1 - https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/Ooka_100/theclan2.png
    #2 - https://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5146/clanban2tu8.gif
    #3 - https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/Ooka_100/the-clan-1.png
    #4 - https://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6060/clanban3xi6.gif
    #2, 3 - Artwork by Zaikudo
    #4 - Adapted from sir2ch rakugaki board.

-Credit for front page design goes to Ooka-

I went about making some slight changes to the front page. I will inform NoS later on tonight.

I will also PM all active members, and see if they are willing to join in this tourney. I would like to see if they are still active. It saddens me to see Ooka & Loto leave (they posted the most :laugh:) but I would like to see this clan take off as much as it did before. Once I get enough members active, I will be able to have this tourney take off.

I would also like anyone able to assist me in this clan tourney to PM me. Sharinganflames had PM'ed me, and told me he would be able to hand out some pretty good rewards. I would like anyone else able to do this to PM me.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Actually, I was gonna mention that. I don't know where things are at this point, and I wanted to ask NoS if I am allowed to keep you up there, since you were inactive. As far as I'm concered, you're still S in command, but I'm not sure if it's official.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Has anyone else noticed that in the past week three new clans have like...popped up out of no where? ._.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I give em' two weeks, three weeks tops xD
    The only other Clan besides "The Clan" that is actually going to sustain itself is the Generation IMO

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    Please see to it that the front page gets updated sims, its still a copy from when I was leader and has my AIM up there but since NoS posted it they will start thinking that it is NoS's AIM. I don't want random IM's out of the blue, although any of you who know me from back then are of course free to IM me.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Tournament for the clan? Heck, I haven't seen Cakekun (Shiraishi) in years! Anyone knows where he hangs out as of now?

silver%

thinking..this will take a min
    Years
    ummm yea dont pay attention to me really i wouldnt blame you all

but please keep this thread active and bumped because you guys are the best chance for a nice fun rivalry between two pretty close clans...i probably shouldnt even be saying this but do something and if Nos is a no show do something again or it may be a rerun of what happend to our clan so keep it up and going guys your our best bet for entertainment and clashes
    (which i hope will be alot of) so do what you can to keep your thread and members in tact and alive and thanx lets give it our best to be eternal( and friendly) rivals

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back