• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Console War

Who do you choose?

• Sony (PS3)

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Microsoft (X-BOX 360)

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Nintendo (Wii)

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
    Years

The Console War

It is the big war of who buys from what company.
    Getting right down to it, who do you support?
    • Sony
    • Microsoft
    • Nintendo
    I know there are a lot of "Nintendo Fans" on here, but I hope it wouldn't be spammed with them just saying the Wii for the sake of it.

Why do you follow that company that you do?

For me, it has to be Sony.
    Only recently, I have bought a PS3 and I have had a good play around with it. I just think the console is amazing. For me, it blows all of the others out of the water.

I have pretty much lived on the 360, since my friends and I always use to play it, as he owns one.
    I also have a Wii, but I have barely used it. I just don't like any of the games. There are no interesting things to do on it. It was a waste of money for me =[​

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    To tell you the truth, the only reason I stick with Microsoft and the Xbox 360 is because they seem to have better games, in my opinion of course. Before I bought my next-gen console, I was contemplating on buying the Wii but then I realized, "After Brawl, Mario Kart, and Galaxy, what games can possibly keep me interested in this console?" Not to mention my room is too small for all that movement and stuff. The PS3, on the other hand, looked very appealing to me, but the price was too much for my sensitive pockets. Now that I have my 360, I'm pretty satisfied with it and I don't see myself buying any other console in the near future (but if KH3 is announced for the PS3, that will change).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/PS3-3.jpg
    The only way to prevent anyone from saying you're a fanboy. XD

After owning all 3 consoles, I've got to say that my personal fav is the 360.
    Yes, it's RRoD on me (happened twice), yes I had to pay $100 for Wi-Fi, yes I have to pay for XBL Gold. But I just like the online better, and it has more games that I like. On top of that, most of my friends have the 360. Not saying the PS3 is a bad system, I love my PS3, and I love some of the games on it. I just like the 360 better.
    Now in the case of the Wii... I am saying it's a bad system.

Years
    To tell you the truth, the only reason I stick with Microsoft and the Xbox 360 is because they seem to have better games, in my opinion of course. Before I bought my next-gen console, I was contemplating on buying the Wii but then I realized, "After Brawl, Mario Kart, and Galaxy, what games can possibly keep me interested in this console?" Not to mention my room is too small for all that movement and stuff. The PS3, on the other hand, looked very appealing to me, but the price was too much for my sensitive pockets. Now that I have my 360, I'm pretty satisfied with it and I don't see myself buying any other console in the near future (but if KH3 is announced for the PS3, that will change).
    I only bought a Wii when it came out, because I thought it would be an interesting change and a breath of fresh air. It failed to be such a thing, IMO.

The 360 does have a lot of games I like, but, for some reason, the PS3 got me more excited.

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/PS3-3.jpg
    The only way to prevent anyone from saying you're a fanboy. XD

After owning all 3 consoles, I've got to say that my personal fav is the 360.
    Yes, it's RRoD on me (happened twice), yes I had to pay $100 for Wi-Fi, yes I have to pay for XBL Gold. But I just like the online better, and it has more games that I like. On top of that, most of my friends have the 360. Not saying the PS3 is a bad system, I love my PS3, and I love some of the games on it. I just like the 360 better.
    Now in the case of the Wii... I am saying it's a bad system.
    Very nice Arcanine. But the Wii is at the top, NINTENDO FAN! XD

I prefer the PS3 system to the 360. I don't know what it is, it is just nicer XD
    LOL!
    The Wii system falls flat on its face when compared to the PS3 or 360.

Well, I think I'd have to choose the
    Spoiler:
    Good for you, but that is not what I asked.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Good for you, but that is not what I asked.
    What, too good to fight in a war?
    PC has the best games, it's the cheapest, has the best online, I guess you could say best graphics, but that doesn't make the game.

It make the other 3 consoles small time.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I used to be a strong supporter of the Wii, but its lineup of games is just... pathetic. I mostly use my 360 and PC more than anything else now.

Years
    What, too good to fight in a war?
    PC has the best games, it's the cheapest, has the best online, I guess you could say best graphics, but that doesn't make the game.

It make the other 3 consoles small time.
    No, it isn't in there, because I didn't want to put it in.

I disagree, it doesn't have the best games.
    If you want a top of the range computer, it will cost you more than a console.
    It does have good online and by far, if you have a +£150 graphics card (mostly).

I simply wanted to make it between the PS3, 360 and Wii.
    Is that so hard to understand!?

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    No, it isn't in there, because I didn't want to put it in.

I disagree, it doesn't have the best games.
    If you want a top of the range computer, it will cost you more than a console.
    It does have good online and by far, if you have a +£150 graphics card (mostly).

I simply wanted to make it between the PS3, 360 and Wii.
    Is that so hard to understand!?
    Sure it does. It has games like Team Fortress Classic, Counter Strike, Fallout 1-3, Morrowind and Daggerfall, Deus Ex, Starcraft, Half-Life, I mean, the list goes on. And of course any multiplatform game will be the best on the PC.
    Why, the other 3 consoles have great games, there's just ain't enough on them.

You can easily build a PC for under $1000, plus all its games are free, but then again all the games on the Wii are too and the 360 (But that's a ***** to mod, and you'll just end up getting banned from XBL).

Years
    You can easily build a PC for under $1000, plus all its games are free.
    Are they?
    I didn't know that.
    You can get brand new games, for free on the PC?
    Wow. Amazing.

If you want to discuss this, VM me from now on and we will discuss it there.
    I don't want off topic discussion in here, since it isn't on topic. Thanks!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't have a PS3 so I can't comment on the best of the three.

But I have a Wii and a 360. There is stuff that bugs me about the Wii like weak online support and lack of HD (really I'd be perfectly fine with it's graphics but at a higher resolution. I don't need it to be completely on par with the 360. The jaggies just kill it for me with the Wii). But...they're not a big deal to me.

Online, to me, is a secondary function of a console. It's not a deal breaker for me. Same with graphics. The system is powerful enough to deliver better graphics than the last generation so it doesn't phase me. No one seemed to care when the PSone looked much worse than the N64. I play game for enjoyment. If I have fun playing, then mission accomplished.

As long as I have games to play that I enjoy then I'm happy. I do have 360 games and I do enjoy them, and there are more that I'm looking forward to. If I bought the 360 earlier (got in January) I may have been compelled throughout the years to pick up more than I have accumulated thus far, so the comparison between my 360 library and my Wii library is unfair. But... there are more Wii games on the horizon that I am looking forward to than 360 games.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    So. Many. Console War Threads!

I'd have to go with PS3, because I'm fanboy scum. I do enjoy the experiences I've had on the other consoles though, and I'd say that no console really outclasses the other consoles at the moment. They all have a lot to offer, and I really appreciate the curent lineup for that.

Wulf has a point, but I only use my PC as a way to play Microsoft-exclusive games TBH.

Years
    So. Many. Console War Threads!
    Ahh, but this thread is to consolidate all of this discussion into one thread that I can manage, so to speak.

Again, he might have a point and I never disagreed with the fact that the PC can put up a strong fight, I have a gaming PC, but in my original point, I just wanted the poll to be about the 3 company based consoles.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I have all three (my brothers play the 360 and PS3 so I barely get to play it and its in their room) while the Nintendo Wii is in my room. I've always been a Nintendo fan since I was little while my brothers were a sony fan, so since they never played Nintendo as much as I did, thats when I picked up the Nintendo systems. SO its the Nintendo Wii for me

:t354:TG

Years
    It's really not a shame if she enjoys it, now is it?

Anyway, I can't comment much on the PS3, mainly because I don't have one. There are a few games that I would like to play for it (LittleBigPlanet, White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy Versus XIII), but not enough to constitute a $400 purchase for me. I have a Wii, a 360, and a PS2 (the thing is still alive, guys). I usually balance my play time between my PS2 and my 360. I rarely play my Wii games (although I do still play some of my Gamecube games). I also use my 360 to play online (usually Halo 3, but sometimes GTA4), which I can't do on my phat PS2 (SCPH-30001R, no network adaptor).

Years
    It's really not a shame if she enjoys it, now is it?

Anyway, I can't comment much on the PS3, mainly because I don't have one. There are a few games that I would like to play for it (LittleBigPlanet, White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy Versus XIII), but not enough to constitute a $400 purchase for me. I have a Wii, a 360, and a PS2 (the thing is still alive, guys). I usually balance my play time between my PS2 and my 360. I rarely play my Wii games (although I do still play some of my Gamecube games). I also use my 360 to play online (usually Halo 3, but sometimes GTA4), which I can't do on my phat PS2 (SCPH-30001R, no network adaptor).
    It is a shame her bothers are always on them, not her preference =]

I need to invent in a PS2 when I have some random money around. I want to play some of my old favorites again, eg. Silent Hill 2.
    Sounds like it is rather interesting collection you have there.

I think next year, you will start to actually think about owning a PS3, maybe. I know that there are a lot of different games that I, personally, can't wait for :D

Years
    I think I'll get one once Sony decides to release a slim version for $299.99 or less. But those are only my most current consoles (Odyssey 2 anyone? ;)).

Anyway, another reason that made me choose the 360 over the PS3 was that my friends have them. It's a good way to not pay for games, because I trade my games with my friends.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    For me, by a long shot it is PS3.

I played a lot of Wii and was really, really unimpressed by it. I was originally going to buy a 360, being pulled in by the illusion that it was cheaper than PS3, but when I realised that to own a 360, with 2 controllers, charge packs, wifi, decent HDD and 2 years XBL would cost a fair bit more than a PS3, and coupled with the fact that (in my opinion) the PS3 exclusives far outdone the 360 exclusives, not to mention the (at the time) 30% failrate of 360s AND mgs4 being PS3 exclusive, I had to go PS3.

I mean a lot of people will say "360 has better games than ps3" but 9/10 times when you ask them what these games are they're either Halo 3 (Which imo is sub par at best) or Gears2. The other times some will say CoD4 and Fallout3 etc which are all on PS3 anyway.

Others will also say that XBL is better than PSN by a long shot, however I've used both and to be honest, the minor things that are better on XBL than PSN do not justify charging £45 a year for when PSN is free and has most of the features anyway.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I will say my piece once I feel the need to...Because I think alot of people may be pretty sick of my constant defending of the Wii.

But anyway..Wii/PS3 for me.

Back