• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Console War

Who do you choose?

• Sony (PS3)

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Microsoft (X-BOX 360)

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Nintendo (Wii)

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Really isn't much of a war, in my view, it seems like 360 is sweeping everything up. A better online experience, a better online service (XBOX LIVE), a better library of games (in my opinion), and equally powerfull or close enough as not to tell the difference.

But honestly it's all a matter of preference. I like that not everybody loves the same things. I like that we have a diverse selection because it's the only thing that makes game creators try harder. So for PS3 fanboys: Rock on. For Wii fanboys: Rock on. For 360 fanboys: rock on. Every persons dedication makes all of these game makers work harder to win the "war".

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Really isn't much of a war, in my view, it seems like 360 is sweeping everything up. A better online experience, a better online service (XBOX LIVE), a better library of games (in my opinion), and equally powerfull or close enough as not to tell the difference.

But honestly it's all a matter of preference. I like that not everybody loves the same things. I like that we have a diverse selection because it's the only thing that makes game creators try harder. So for PS3 fanboys: Rock on. For Wii fanboys: Rock on. For 360 fanboys: rock on. Every persons dedication makes all of these game makers work harder to win the "war".
    I don't think it's quite as a big a deal as it was in the previous generation. There's a lot of people with multiple consoles this time around

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Wii = Failure

So the real competition lies with the PS3 and the 360 which are both amazing in their own ways, but I say 360 since they have a much bigger community of fans than the PS3.

Years
    ... but I say 360 since they have a much bigger community of fans than the PS3.
    I agree that the 360 has a bigger following.
    When they came out, it had the better games and was better for the bank balance, if it was yours or your parents.

I use to love the 360, I still do in a way. But I prefer the PS3 for some reason XD

Karundo111

Get a Karundo idea today!
    Years
    I follow Sony. I don't really know why, I just find their technology appealing to me.

BTW there is a new console entering the war, but they won't get far. the Zeebo. It uses 3g Mobile network and will have most common games ike FIFA 09, nut like I said before, it's a budget console and won't get far.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    X-Box 360 at a long shot. I myself own a PS3 (Which I hardly play) and by far I enjoy the 360 more. The PS3 exclusives are now being released onto the 360, such as Metal Gear Solid and the like. Sure, the PS3 is in my living room. But as a Blue ray player.
    Xbox live doesn't cost much at all. $10 AUD month?

.zero

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    X-Box 360 at a long shot. I myself own a PS3 (Which I hardly play) and by far I enjoy the 360 more. The PS3 exclusives are now being released onto the 360, such as Metal Gear Solid and the like. Sure, the PS3 is in my living room. But as a Blue ray player.

.zero

No, 360 is getting a non canon, non Kojima MGS spin off which PS3 and PC are also getting, on top of that MGS has never being a Sony exclusive series either, so 360 isn't really getting any noteworthy Sony exclusives. Except Tekkan I guess, although I am sure Tekkan 5 wasn't an exclusive anyway.

And to the wisenut who called me a fanboy, your point? I'm not sure if it was some poor attempt at jest or an even poorer attempt at a flame but either way it's not contributing to the discussion and it doesn't meet PC's rules, so don't do it again.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Expand that please Jordan.
    I mean, like, sure the Wii is an okay console, but when you compare it to the big, main ones - it sucks, lol.

I play the Wii all the time at my friend's house, I owned a 360, and I own a PS3. 360 beats them, but the Wii comes in last, mainly at the fact that it's geared towards more younger kids and the games are crap.

Years
    The PS3 exclusives are now being released onto the 360, such as Metal Gear Solid and the like. Sure, the PS3 is in my living room. But as a Blue ray player.
    GoW won't be! :D
    I can't wait for that game.

Live might not cost much, but the PS3 online doesn't cost anything if you just want to look on the internet and all that jazz.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    So $120 a year.
    The cheapest AUS 360 i found was the basic 20GB one for $345. The cheapest official 360 WiFi adapter I found for Aus was $128. So a lower end 360 with wifi and Live for a year in AUS comes to about...$593 making it just over $100 cheaper than a 80GB ps3 in Aus. Add another year of Live and now your 360 costs more than the PS3.

What my point is, $10 a month doesn't seem like much, but put it in perspective and you realise 360 really isn't cheaper in the long run.

edit: Just found a bunch of brand new 80GB PS3s from an Aus retailer for $536, meaning a one year run on a low end 360 costs more than the PS3 will cost you in 3.

Years
    The Zeebo will likely never see a release outside of Brazil, China, or Russia. The console was made by TecToy to be an affordable option for developing countries. According to reviews I have read, the console is not very good at the moment (poor network performance, bad ports, control lag). It really isn't in the console war, because it's for markets that can't afford the major ones.

Years
    The Zeebo will never be classed in the same league as the PS3, 360 and Wii.

Comparing the Zeebo's and the PS3's CPU's, it fails horribly.

Zeebo = ARM11 clocked at 528MHz
    PS3 = CBE clocked at 3.2GHz

The CBE runs over 6 times faster.
    It doesn't look like an interesting console at all.

Going from Wiki, they say the RRP is $499.
    That is a hell of a lot of money for a weak console.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I play the Wii all the time at my friend's house, I owned a 360, and I own a PS3. 360 beats them, but the Wii comes in last, mainly at the fact that it's geared towards more younger kids and the games are crap.

*sigh*

The console itself is not aimed just towards "younger" audiences game manufactures just use it's gameplay to flog these mini game pieces of crap.

Of course nintendo are going to let it happen, it doesn't matter to them as long as they get money from it.

I'll say this again..

Yes, there are alot of complete shovelware games for Wii..But it doesn't mean you have to buy the danm things.

Buy the good games that it has to offer for god sake.

Also, the Wii has made a name for itself as the home of Survival horror and mindless assassination.

I'd like to see kids play House Of The Dead and Madworld.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
    I vote for the Nintendo Wii. Out of all of the three home consoles, it's the only one that I have. I do plan on getting an Xbox 360. However, that won't be for a while. But I've always been a Nintendo fanboy, seeing how they've made some of the greatest games out there and homed some of them and continue to innvoate the gaming company.
    While the Wii is the most innovative game system currently, I think that Microsoft's Natal will be very interesting, although how it does it based on its games and if it really works as well as told.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I don't see why there has to be a war over video game consoles at all. :| Seriously, you'd think people could just enjoy whichever one they own and not bother with the one(s) they don't own.

I have a 360 and a Wii, I hardly play either, but if I had to choose which one to play forever, it'd be the 360. I enjoy the games on there much more and my Wii hasn't been used in quite some time due to no games interesting me. That's not the Wii's fault, I just have interests it can't suit, you know? :[ Either way...I'd say every system has it's positives and negatives. Just enjoy whichever you have and don't worry about the others. XD;

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Im sort of stuck inbetween the PS3 and the 360. I prefer the PSN community over XBL, but the 360 has much better games than the PS3 does, and I tend to play with MUCH less annoying people on PSN.

Years
    Thats all you've got? Pathetic, then again really can't expect much from someone like you.
    I didn't want to confuse that troll brain of yours.

Im sort of stuck inbetween the PS3 and the 360. I prefer the PSN community over XBL, but the 360 has much better games than the PS3 does, and I tend to play with MUCH less annoying people on PSN.
    I love PSN.
    It just flows a lot better in my opinion.

At the moment, the 360 has a lot of good games that I do want to play, but I have played most of them at friends, so that is why I have selected my PS3.

Back