• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Console War

Who do you choose?

• Sony (PS3)

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Microsoft (X-BOX 360)

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Nintendo (Wii)

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Another fanboy. Hey genius, every model of the 360 now has a falcon chip inserted, the only ones that has a chance of the RROD of the models made before mid july, 2008.
    Hey Genius, they are still RRoD'ing.
    You're saying I am a fanboy?
    Yet you have a brown substance on your nose from M$.

Years
  • Wow, there are a lot of nerds on this forum, lets start from the top.

Hypocrite. Get the hell out, if you don't like who goes here.

Don't ever, post here again. I know you're 14 and a drop kick, but seriously. Do i even need to point out all the flaws in your post?

Not really. It's fine as is.

Another fanboy. Hey genius, every model of the 360 now has a falcon chip inserted, the only ones that has a chance of the RROD of the models made before mid july, 2008.

You're an idiot. I got my 360 at the end of 2008. It got the RRoD the very next day. My current one has yet to get them. It is still possible. They have only JUST started making the RRoD problem go away, but I'm sure it'll STILL come back.

Memorable game.. for who? People who think the idea of a good game is a RPG, and fanboys. Here let me say something, RPG games are fail, 9/10 RPG games fail. z0mg l3v3l up m1 ch4r4ct3r @nD 1 b3 L337z0r, thats how you sound on a game of final fantasy, it's a crap game, get over it.

Now fanboys, enjoy your lifes, stuck in your room playing your consoles.

RPGs are actually quite enjoyable. There's a plethora to choose from. Now get out of your house and actually examine some. Get a life, while you're at it.

I am a hardcore 360 gamer. I enjoy playing Call of Duty games, Assassin's Creed, and any other sort of mindless violence. Call of Duty is fun for the Live play, but World at War isn't exactly good. The only enjoyable part of WaW would be the Zombie game mode. Assassin's Creed was alright, but the repetitive gameplay left a lot to be desired. They have said that they have fixed this issue, so the upcoming sequel should be a major improvement compared to the first. Other mindless violence. Like Prototype. A great game, a great story. Any game such as this is a winner, in my book.

Years
  • Hey Genius, only cheapos with the older models ones are getting the RROD, it's a %2 rate to get it which is the same as any electronic appliance to stuff up.

Fanboy, go back to playing your RPG games whilst wishing you had a social life.

HEY THERE AGAIN YOU DUMBASS. Read my above post. NEW 360. RROD. IT HAPPENS. Get your facts straight, before running around crying about people who dislike the RRoD. Seriously. He's a gamer, not fanboy. And there is nothing wrong with RPG games. And he has a social life. Must I correct you on everything?

EDIT: I already DO have one, smartass. You're the one who lacks it, by complaining about everyone else. You're not perfect either, so get the notion out of your head. o ya were all fanboys lol and ur god lol

Years
  • Hey Genius, only cheapos with the older models ones are getting the RROD, it's a %2 rate to get it which is the same as any electronic appliance to stuff up.

Fanboy, go back to playing your RPG games whilst wishing you had a social life.
    It is 2% NOT %2.
    Go back to school.

Any way.
    Who said I was playing RPG's?
    I am playing inFAMOUS at this current moment in time.
    I have a rather good social life thank you very much.

Years
  • I've heard inFAMOUS is like a version of Prototype. Where one lacks, the other exceeds. Is this true?

Either way, it looks fantastic. The only reason why I'd ever want a PS3. But I don't, because it's too expensive, and I'm perfectly fine with the 360. The reason that many choose the 360 is 'cause of money. Hell, there's a chance I would have bought the PS3 instead, if it were cheaper. But thankfully it wasn't. I got my 360, played it, and loved it. I tried the PS3, and I loved my 360 much more than it. Still, exclusive PS3 games sound pretty good. The 360's exclusive Halo stuff is terrible. I played Halo 3 with my cousin. The game was terrible. Real shooters are much better. LASERS!111!!11 fail.

He's the hypocrite? Are you mentally challenged? And who are you to base people off of a Pokémon Forum, jackass?

And get all of that pride out of your ego. You're a worthless crapsack, so stop thinking you're anything more.

Years
  • I love it how you criticize people who do the same thing as you. Go back to school, as Alinthea said. It could really help your pathetic ass out.

And no, he's not a hypocrite. He's your average gamer. inFAMOUS is an average game for average people, the way I see it.

Years
  • I've heard inFAMOUS is like a version of Prototype. Where one lacks, the other exceeds. Is this true?
    Yep. That is true.
    There are different things that vary in the games.

inFAMOUS's was of getting around is a lot different, in a way.
    FAMOUS is all about the climbing, where as in Prototype, you can spurt blood out of yourself and fly O_O

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I like how Gengar calls everyone a fan boy when he is clearly the only one here.

Anyway, I prefer 360. It was the cheapest option for me and has never RRoD'd.
    I think PS3 has better exclusive games, but it didn't really warrant buying one.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Joy.
    It is still the same console though.

It outsells the other two because it is directed at the casual gaming and family market.
    There are more of them than "hardcore gamers".
    Yes but come now have you seen the thing?
    Spoiler:

People would look at it and go damn I need one of those now.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yes.
    It does look awesome. However, that doesn't change the fact that it still has no games I like for it :/
    Yes while true the way the box is people would be more drawn to it then this:
    Spoiler:

Its all about the marketing and Nintendo is really showing they know their stuff.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Yes but come now have you seen the thing?
    Spoiler:

People would look at it and go damn I need one of those now.
    1.Take a cheap, casual video game console.
    2.Change the color scheme.
    3.????
    4.PROFIT!

...But seriously, nearly everyone has a Wii now, I don't see any reason why they should buy another with a different color. The colored DS's had a bit more novelty, but for a console it doesn't change all that much. I may buy the black controller, but I don't see what makes the new boxart for the Wii so irresistable.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    On top of that black gloss is by far the worst console colour. My PS3 atracts finger prints and dust so darn fast, I'd of much rather had the white one but we don't get it in England.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I have a PS3 and a Wii, but I don't like my Wii that much, so that's out of it immediately.
    I wouldn't mind having an 360, but I don't have that kind of money.

PS3 and 360 are perfectly equal in my eyes. I can complain about both, and I can compliment both.

Fanboys of either annoy me to no end.

Years
  • I guess I prefer the PS3 because I've always been a Sony guy myself growing up using the PS2 most of the time and then getting use to the PS3. The solo title games that come out for the PS3 also interest me more than their counterparts so that could also be another reason.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I usually stick to Nintendo, but I LOVE my PS2 and Sega Genesis :3

I very rarely play Current-gen Games... I got Wii pretty much for Virtual Console... And Tales of Symphonia 2.

I wouldn't mind getting either of the other 2 consoles... but my major Priorities right now are HG/SS and Fullmetal Alchemist Manga Volumes >.>;

damz

Ultranerd
    Years
  • Xbox 360.

Less loading time, bigger HDD, Xbox Live (ok, the PS Store is catching up..), Better exclusives..etc.

I agree though. In a year or 2, the PS3 will start winning the war. It's only a matter of time. For now, the 360 is better. But once the PS Store starts opening up better, and once some REAL games start coming out that will use the CELL processor and Blu-Ray properly, the clear choice will become PS3. Until the next Xbox comes out.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Xbox 360.

Less loading time, bigger HDD, Xbox Live (ok, the PS Store is catching up..), Better exclusives..etc.

I agree though. In a year or 2, the PS3 will start winning the war. It's only a matter of time. For now, the 360 is better. But once the PS Store starts opening up better, and once some REAL games start coming out that will use the CELL processor and Blu-Ray properly, the clear choice will become PS3. Until the next Xbox comes out.

Standard PS3 HDD is 80gb, 360 is atm 20gb iirc.
    Besides you can upgrade your PS3 HDD whenever you want because it uses standard laptop hdd, my PS3 is 320GB and I know some people who have 1TB ps3s.

Also "better" exclusives is a matter of opinion and apart for l4d and gears I can't think of that many 360 exclusives i;d class as AAA titles.

Back