• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Cosmic Channelers: Psychic types club

Years

• To continue on with the gimmicks, the topic for this week is Z-moves ^.^

There are 3 Psychic type Z-moves:

Genesis Supernova:

Light That Burns the Sky (the Z move starts at 1 minute into the video):

Shattered Psyche:

The first 2 are specific to one Pokemon. Genesis Supernova is only for Mew and Light That Burns the Sky is only for Ultra Necrozma.
    All three Z-moves have their own Z-crystal.
    Mewnium Z is technically the one that can be obtained the soonest (HeaHea City), but requires already having a Mew.
    Psychium Z can be obtained on the third island in the Haina Desert, but is completely missable. You don't actually have to go there for the story and the place is initially locked for you when you first pass the entrance.
    Ultranecrozium Z is the last of these three you can obtain, by catching Necrozma just before the E4.

What do you think about the moment when you can obtain the Psychic type Z-crystals? (i.e. do you obtain them too soon/too late or are they spread properly)

Have you used any of these Z-moves? Do you like them?

Each Z-move is preceded by some funky dance time: How do you feel about the poses the player character has to perform before unleashing a Z-move?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • What do you think about the moment when you can obtain the Psychic type Z-crystals?
    I mean, I think it you get all of them in the right time. As for the Mewnium Z, you get it only if you have a Mew, so it's event related. If you have Mew and you get the Z crystal by having Mew, then it's the right time I guess lol. Then it's up to the trainer deciding to use it soon or not.
    As for the Psychium Z, yeah the location doesn't really seem great, but we're discussing about the time and not the space. I think that it just depends on your team. To give a proper answer it would require me to replay the games again to actually notice lol, but in general I don't think we can't talk about the "right time" in this case too, because it just depends on your team.
    The Ultra Necrozma one seems to be quite fair tbh.

Honestly, I am not a fan of Z-moves, but I have used the Necrozma's and the psychic type one. Two things to be said, first one: rip Wingul (really bad death lol), secondly I am pretty neutral on both of them. I like the Mew's one more because it recalls DNA and the lore behind the pokemon, which is really cool. Necrozma's one is just a super strong psychic hit, it's cool to see but somehow it lacks some personality, if it makes sense. The basic psychic Z-move is not too bad. Again, these moves don't really tell me much, since imo there are cooler normal moves tbh.

How do you feel about the poses the player character has to perform before unleashing a Z-move?

It looks cringe lol. Like yeah, I like the idea, but they could have spent more effort on that. I am not a fan of them and also all of the three shown in the video look pretty much the same. I know they all have in common the psychic type but you could switch the dances with each other and there would be no difference at all. Again, even the dance lacks personality and connection to the pokemon to which it is referred.

Years

• I wrapped up my Ultra Wormhole shiny hunting last Monday, and I have a surplus of a certain Psychic type Pokemon that can be encountered this way =3
    I caught 5 of them in total, but I'm keeping one for myself so I have 4 extras.

The Cosmic Channelers: Psychic types club

My question is simple: Who here doesn't have a shiny Grumpig and wants one? =D
    I can trade them in USUM or in Home/BDSP. They are still in the game I caught them in so I can nickname them if you want =3

They are all caught in Luxury Balls, but there are a couple differences in either gender, nature or ability. Photo's of the four Grumpig up for offer are in the spoiler below:

Spoiler:

The OT Vivi is the name I pick when I play as the female character btw =p

So to recap, if interested:
    Game you want to trade in (USUM or Home/BDSP):
    Nickname (Yes/No, if yes what nickname):
    Also, if we need to schedule a trade due to timezone differences, the below would be handy to include:
    Timezone:

Attachments

• The Cosmic Channelers: Psychic types club
      grumpig.gif
      754.3 KB · Views: 142
      DSC02345.JPG
      131 KB · Views: 140
      DSC02347.JPG
      107.6 KB · Views: 145
      DSC02362.JPG
      129.2 KB · Views: 144
      DSC02364.JPG
      121.5 KB · Views: 143
    Years
  • Nice! That offer to give away shiny grumpig is a most delightful treat! It's a nice peach pearl color. I am lucky enough to have a shiny grumpig, so I don't need to get greedy and take another that someone else could use. I am going to look at some of my ds and pokebank save files though to see if I have any spare shinies that are psychic like from wormhole or friend safari. I wouldn't mind donating to Cosmic Channelers if I finish up something I don't need :)

Now let me tackle some of these questions!

Above are all the Normal/Psychic type Pokemon. Which of these is your favorite?

I think all of the psychic normal dual type Pokemon are pretty cool. It's a really interesting and underrated typing that I'm glad we're seeing more of as of gen 8 with the additions of Indeedee and Wydeer. In general it amuses me when a dual typing causes a Pokemon to lose it's standard weaknesses, so a normal type that isn't weak to fighting moves and a psychic type that is immune to ghost attacks is something special is my eyes. It's weaknesses are but two, bug and dark types.

I tend to like the design of normal psychic dual types also. Normal type Pokemon are typically very realistic and look the most like mammals, birds and different species we would encounter here on our planet, whereas psychic Pokemon tend to look more surreal and mystical, extraterrestrial-like and out there. I find that combining the two tends to make subtle designs that look familiar and simple at first, but have some curious detail that keeps them quirky and makes things more complicated. Girafarig is a perfect example. At first it looks like a cute little giraffe calf, but then you look closer and see, oh, it has antenna like a martian... Wait does it's tail have a head attached to it like a parasitic twin? That's cool and creepy.

Again, I like all of the Pokemon above. If I can only pick one my favorite is definitely Oranguru. It's got some very solid defensive stats and telepathy is a cool ability for doubles, and it's signature move instruct can be dangerous when used right in multi battles, earthquake abuse. Though I think Oranguru can become a tank in it's own right since it has decent coverage and access to calm mind/ nasty plot.

I also just like the concept for this Pokemon. I am intrigued by the great apes, I think inteir intelligence is breathtaking, and it makes sense that they would be psychic types, and this guy is an orangutan, a shaman and a king all at once!

Have you used any of these on your teams at any point?

Yes! I had a Girafarig on my team for a Soul Silver run, and got my symbol for the Battle Hall using Girafarig I believe at the frontier. I used an Oranguru during an Ultra Sun playthrough and it came with me to the Elite Four, and is with me currently for the Battle Tree.

I haven't used Meloetta. I don't have this event mythical unfortunately, but I like her, and think it would be fun to use the different forms. I also haven't played through gen 8 yet, but I would be willing to use either of the Indedee when I get the chance. I really would love to use Wydeer in Legends Arceus. I have always liked Stantler for some reason, and am thrilled that it got this majestic evolution. It reminds me of the Deer God/ Spirit of the Forest from Princess Mononoke. I would definitely use this Pokemon.

Which Normal/Psychic type Pokemon do you rely on in each of the following situations? Feel free to elaborate on your choices as much as you want!

1) You set out on a long journey and will be away from home for months on end. Which of these Pokemon do you bring along?

Oranguru, of course! We have traveled too many roads together befor me to pick anyone else.

2) A stranger approaches you. Their intent is unknown. Which of these Pokemon do you take out of their ball to prepare for whatever is about to happen?

Wydeer because this psychic pokemon has the ability to erect invisible barriers, so I can keep the stranger back, until their motives become clear. If they are a friend I can lower the forcefield, and if it's a foe then we can attack.

3) You want to impress someone you have a crush on. Which of these Pokemon do you want there at your side, be it as moral support or to impress that person?

Meloetta! I'd ask her to sing to make the man I admire happy, and plan a mini concert with all his favorite songs.

4) You just moved and seek to make new friends. Which of these Pokemon do you think will be the most useful to have at your side for that?

Indedee female because I'm not very social, and in case I don't make any friends, this cute, catlike Pokemon would be my friend. She is known to be motherly, caring, loyal and dedicated, so she will help me and be there for me.

5) You have to study for an important test. Which of these Pokemon do you turn to for support?

Oranguru because it's the sage Pokemon. Time for me to take advantage of it's wisdom. It likes to teach/instruct others, so it's in element.

6) You forgot to buy a present for a relative's birthday. Which of these Pokemon is best suited to help you both pick up a gift and still make it in time for the birthday?

Indedee male for sure. This Pokemon is known to serve as a vallet to it's trainers, so asking him to pick up a present sounds like it would be a reasonable expectation for him, and because these are telepathic Pokemon he would know exactly the right thing to get.

7) You had a rough day and seek solace from your Pokemon. Which of these Pokemon would you turn to?

Meloetta because this special Pokemon has the power to alter your emotional state with her song. She could lift my spirits by singing to me when I am blue. Maybe we'd also dance around the house together in her pirouette form.

8) Something fantastic happened today and you want to go celebrate! Which of these Pokemon would you go celebrate with?

Female Indedee because they feed off the emotions of the people they are close to. I would like to share my good fortune and optimism with one so that she feels good too, especially since this one has been my friend.

9) You go to an amusement park with your friends or family. They start fighting over something. You try to calm the situation down, but they don't even hear you. Which of these Pokemons' aid do you request in order to try and calm things down?

Male Indedee because I would like my butler pokemon to drive me home! I don't feel like arguing with people.

10) You are having trouble sleeping. Which Pokemon's aid do you enlist?

Definitely Wydeer-- the antlers for this line of pokemon can hypnotize you. In fact, when Stantler's horns break off there are people who collect the remains and grind them into a powder to be used in sleeping draughts. It's a form of traditional medicine.

Do you have any favorite Psychic type moves?

Dream Eater. It's satisfying to attack an opponent and heal yourself at the same time.

Psychic is also the bread and butter move of any Psychic Pokemon, strong, accurate attacking move that may even lower your opponent's special defense.

Are there any moves that you think should be Psychic type, but aren't?

Disable definitely. It's sounds like psychic powers to make a Pokemon's attack suddenly stop working. The way this move is shown in the anime looks especially like a psychic move, often there's light and forcefields around the opponent that prevent them from moving, or they are suspended in the air like magic. The eyes of the Pokemon using disable might start glowing. I was a little surprised that it was a normal type move.

Psych up should also be a psychic move, instead of normal, it even has the word psych in the name, and sounds like a mind game of some kind, even what it does (learning all stat changes of the opponent) sounds like quite a mental feat.

Recover should be a psychic move, if rest is going to be.

If you were to live in the Pokemon world with the Psychic type Pokemon you've chosen as your companion at your side, which 4 Psychic type moves would it know?

Since my companion Calyrex needs to know 4 Psychic moves, and it doesn't have to be a legal moveset, I will give it miracle eye so this mono psychic run doesn't end as soon as I encounter a dark type. Cosmic Power to try to strengthen it's defenses and make a wall out of it. Cresselia was kind enough to teach it Lunar Blessing, so that it has access to some form of psychic recovery, and won't be worn down by status conditions, the opponent may even miss me. Then give it either Psychic as it's stab move or Stored Power to take advantage of the stat changes.

Secondly, which 4 Psychic type moves would your fated guide know? (again, no Z or Max moves)

Your fated guide will always be nearby, but would prefer to not intervene unless necessary. Consider it a powerful guardian who tries to guide you down the path that is right for you and will act on your behalf if the need arises.

Keep Articuno's signature Freezing Glare. Mewtwo will also pass on the gift of Psystrike. Calm mind to boost that beautiful special attack and make it even more of special tank, and give Articuno Lunar Blessing too.

Are there any moves that you think are currently too limited in their distribution among Psychic type Pokemon?

Not really. There are a lot of good widely available psychic moves, and those that are very limited usually have their reasons for being exclusive i.e an op signature move for a legendary or mythical Pokemon.

If you could learn any 4 of these moves yourself, and use them as a psychic power in daily life, which would you want to know?

Definitely calm mind would be one to dispell anxieties and worries.

Teleport could be fun, and get wherever I need to go without having to walk or drive. I could even travel to different cities or all around the world without getting on a plane or boat. I also would be able to always get away from danger by teleporting somewhere else.

Heal pulse to cure the diseases and ailments of those around me.

Eerie spell because I like the idea of magic powers to attack with. I will be a witch casting spells.

Below are 10 situations. Pick the move you'd use in each situation.

1) You need to cross a canyon, but the bridge is out. Which move do you use to get across?

That's an easy one, I teleport across.

2) You encounter a lost child and wish to reunite it with it's parents. Which move do you use to facilitate this?

I use my miracle eye to identify where the parents are, and take the child home.

3) You encounter an unfortunate animal that is trapped underneath a heavy fallen tree. Which move do you use to free it?

Telekinesis to lift up the tree, and free the poor animal.

4) You've locked yourself outside. Which move do you use?

Use prismatic laser as a welding tool to get through the door.

5) You see a wildfire spreading. Which move do you use to stop it?

I will gather water with Mist Ball and try to spray the flames.

6) Still at the scene of the wildfire above, you see signs of arson. You look around and see someone trying to sneak away. When they catch your gaze they run for it. Which move do you use to stop them?

Future sight to see who this is, what's going on, where they're headed and what they plan to do. If this is an arsonist then n can always give the police a tip with the information I find. The reason I would like to use my psychic powers to find out more first is because I would like to make sure I have the right person first, though it looks sussuspicious. I don't want the wrong person to go to jail.

7) A friend or relative of yours is freaking out over something. Which move do you use to help them?

I select instruct to give them advice.

8) A friend or relative of yours is sick in bed. Which move do you use to help them?

Time for heal pulse!

9) Someone isn't paying attention at the intersection and is crossing the street while the traffic is still incoming. Which move do you use to save their life?

Trick Room so the busy traffic around the pedestrian slow downs. This way they will be faster than the cars, and able to outrun them. I thought of erecting a barrier to protect the person crossing the street, but I worry about what would happen to the people in the car, if they ran into an invisible wall, so trick room seemed like a safer option.

10) You encounter a mime on the streets.

B) Use your powers to mess up their act. Which move would you use?

Hypnosis, make them sleepy to cut the act short. I have no interest in mimes.

Which of the Psychic type megas do you like the most, appearance wise?
    Are there any who's appearance you dislike?

The Ralts family, Gardevoir and Gallade are such a cool-looking pair like a knight and a fairy princess he's here to rescue. Already great designs, and just got a little bit sleeker with her ball gown and his cape.

I am not crazy about Mega Slowbro's design with the shell swallowing it, it's a bit over-the-top, and not that creative to just cram hin into a bigger shell. Since Slowbro is already a very capable Pokemon, and there are stronger megas I'd rather save my mega for something else.

Have you used any of the Psychic type megas? If so, which one(s)?
    Doesn't really matter how long you used them, though feel free to tell =3

Mega Latios did great things in my service in Oras, my most played through game. It was the best Pokemon I had for the Battle Maison. I used it in the Super Battles.

Mega Metagross was also something special for me. I was really excited to get it's pre-evolution from Steven, my favorite character, and battle with it. During the rematch with Steven at the Elite Four I battled him with the very same metagross he had given me as a gift beldum to raise. I wanted him to see how strong the Pokemon he gave me had become. It was an important victory symbolically for me because I see Steven as a mentor.

Do you like the idea of Mega Evolution affecting a Pokemon's typing?

It definitely can bring something new to the gameplay. I am not opposed to change, so long as the typing once it mega evolves benefits the Pokemon more than the base form typing. Change isn't always for the better. I think it just itpends on how the Pokemon is going to change.

Do you like the type change on Mega Mewtwo X?

I feel like it was necessary to distinguish it from Mewtwo Y, and allow Mewtwo to be able to better take advantage of being a physical attacker.

For the megas who's ability changes when Mega Evolving: Do you prefer the Mega's ability or would you have preferred them to have kept their original ability?

I'm split 50/50

Tough Claws and Pixelate were great gifts to Metagross and Gardevoir to make awesome Pokemon even more so.

I prefer the hidden ability Magic Bounce on Alakazam though to the trace ability when it mega evolves. The Hidden Ability Regenerator I also prefer on Slowbro over Shell Armor.

With Gallade and Mewtwo I could go either way on just in terms of the ability. They have very situational abiabilities in their base forms and as megas.

Most megas retain their normal form's shiny coloration. Some, however, have a different shiny.

For any of these: Do you prefer the Megas' shiny over that of the normal one?

Gardevoir, the black dress is iconic! She looks like a Givenchy model. A poketuber (TrueGreen7 I think) once compared the design of the mega to wearing a white bridal gown, and the shiny is more like a dress you would wear to a funeral with the dark colcoloration. So it's quite an interesting inversion of themes.

Slowbro got a Mega and Slowking didn't. Do you think it should've had one?

I think so, especially since other branch evos like Gardevoir and Gallade got one each. I think they made up for this by making sure that both Slowking and Slowbro got a Galarian form, but I still would be happy to have a mega Slowking.

Are there any other Psychic type Pokemon that you think should've gotten a mega?

Give Galarian Rapidash a mega, it doesn't need it per se, but I honestly just want to see it finally have Pegasus wings like I was hoping it would when I first saw Galarian Ponyta. They can correct this oversight with a mega, and make it a unipeg.

What do you think about the moment when you can obtain the Psychic type Z-crystals? (i.e. do you obtain them too soon/too late or are they spread properly)

I didn't catch Necrozma, and never had an event Mew on the sun and moon games, so I never sought the Mewnium Z or he Ultranecrozium Z. I think the points which you would obtain the Necrozma z crystal sounds appropriate, it should be a late game item, after completing all or most of the trials, around the elite four or even post game. The Mew z crystal sounds way too early though. I had no idea you could use Mewnium as early as the second trial with the mystery gift for pokebank subscribers.
    Now with Psychium Z I think it being a mid game item is fine, but it's too easy to overlook. I actually beat Ultra Sun without stumbling upon it, and had to watch a YouTube tutorial to discover where it was!
    Haven't put them to use yet for the reasons above, but I really like the animations for both Mew and Necrozma doing Genesis Supernova and Light That Burns the Sky. The damage output from these moves would be off the scale, and I think activating psychic terrain is a huge gift.
    Each Z-move is preceded by some funky dance time: How do you feel about the poses the player character has to perform before unleashing a Z-move?

This part I didn't like. The Pokemon can pull off some of the moves, but not the trainers. The dance moves looked like something from the days of disco, sorry!

Years

• Dynamax is the gen 8 gimmick where you turn your mon into a giant cuddlemonster version of themselves. However it can only be used in Stadiums, Max Raid Battles and online battles and it lasts only three turns and can be done only once per battle. Dynamax only affects one stat, your Hit Points, this boost can be increased by raising the Dynamax Level with Dynamax Candy. Attacking moves will turn into the Max move that matches their typing, and will usually gain a Power increase (how much exactly depends on the move and it's base power). Defensive/Stat moves will turn into Max Guard, which is a Protect of sorts.

How do you feel about Dynamax in general?

Max Mindstorm is the Psychic type Max move. Every Max move has some sort of secondary effect. Max Mindstorm turns the ground into Psychic Terrain for five turns. Feel free to stop the clip after the move has been used, unless you want to see other Max moves too ofc.
    Max Mindstorm is @ 09:08
    Edit, tried to link to the specific time, but that doesn't seem to work in embedded videos =\

What do you think of the Psychic type Max move?

Certain Pokemon get a new form when Dynamaxing, which is called Gigantamax. Originally you could only get these from Max Raid battles or special events. Since the release of Isle of Armor you can also just feed a normal Pokemon that can have a G-max form some Max Soup and it will be able to Gigantamax.
    Gigantamax Pokemon all have a move that's unique to them (the animation is that of the normal Max move though, sadly).

There are 33 Gigantamax Forms (though the Forms for Flapple & Appletun are the exact same, so you could also say 32).
    The only Psychic type Pokemon that have a Gigantamax form are Orbeetle and Hatterene:

Do you like Orbeetle and Hatterene's Gigantamax Forms?

Gigantamax Orbeetle's unique move is G-Max Gravitas. Aside from dealing damage this move also changes gravity for five turns. This is the only Psychic type G-max move there is.
    Gigantamax Hatterene's unique move is G-Max Smite. Although it's a Fairy type move and not a Psychic type move I'm mentioning it anyway because it's user is part Psychic type =3
    This move's added effect is that it confuses opponents.

Below is a compilation video that has all the Gigantamax Moves. No need to watch the whole thing, unless you want to =p
    Gigantamax Hatterene's Smite is @ 8:27
    Gigantamax Orbeetle's Gravitas is @ 14:38
    Edit, tried to link to the specific times, but that doesn't seem to work in embedded videos =\

What do you think about Gigantamax Pokemon having a unique move only they can use? Do you like Gigantamax Orbeetle and Gigantamax Hatterene's Max moves?

Both Psychic type Pokemon that got a Gigantamax Form are from gen 8. Are there any previous gen Psychic type Pokemon you would've liked to have seen get a Gigantamax Form?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • How do you feel about Dynamax in general?

Well, I think I have already said it on other places in PC: I like it. Competitively, I know people are kinda against it and I am not a competitive player, so I won't consider this aspect at all. I think Dynamax is the "ultimate mechanic" : each pokemon can get dynamax, while mega was restricted to very few pokemon; z moves kinda lacked personality since it was just a super powerful move, while dynamax does that with the whole moveset of a pokemon and for three turns; lastly, z moves didn't have much differentiation between pokemon (except for exclusive z moves) and dynamax solved this problem giving some pokemon a Gigantamax form.

What do you think of the Psychic type Max move?

It's pretty cool. Psychic terrain is a nice effect as well. I have nothing to complain at all. It seems balanced to me and it also makes sense, psychic terrain is an effect you want on the field and it's useful because otherwise you would either need a pokemon with the ability of setting psychic terrain or you would need teaching it as a move, but that's quite a waste. The only thing I am not really happy about is that, just like other Max moves, its effect works only in the first turn: once you set the psychic terrain, the next two turns of Dynamax don't get any other secondary effect. But I think it's better this way, because it looks balanced.

Do you like Orbeetle and Hatterene's Gigantamax Forms?

I like them. Not a true fan of Orbeetle, but it still looks somewhat nice. I love Hatterene. It's one of the pokemon I like more and I find it extremely cool. I obviously LOVE the colors.

What do you think about Gigantamax Pokemon having a unique move only they can use? Do you like Gigantamax Orbeetle and Gigantamax Hatterene's Max moves?

As I said before, I am really happy that some pokemon have their own signature Max move since it's a trait of personality and peculiarity, that, especially with z moves, was lost. I like Hatterene's Gmax move, even tho it's a fairy type move! I don't really like the Orbeetle's one. I am not even sure if it's actually useful or not lol.

Are there any previous gen Psychic type Pokemon you would've liked to have seen get a Gigantamax Form?

This time, I don't really have a preference. Maybe the usual ones: Claydol, Girafarig, Xatu, Bronzong.

Years

• There has been no interest in the Grumpigs so far. So, I'm adding 3 more Psychic type mons I ended up with as spares to the giveaway, in case these are more interesting:

Two Medichams:
    Spoiler:

and a Sigilyph:
    Spoiler:

And I guess I'll quote the Grumpig post for completion lol
    Giveaway for the Grumpig still stands.

I wrapped up my Ultra Wormhole shiny hunting last Monday, and I have a surplus of a certain Psychic type Pokemon that can be encountered this way =3
    I caught 5 of them in total, but I'm keeping one for myself so I have 4 extras.

My question is simple: Who here doesn't have a shiny Grumpig and wants one? =D
    I can trade them in USUM or in Home/BDSP. They are still in the game I caught them in so I can nickname them if you want =3

They are all caught in Luxury Balls, but there are a couple differences in either gender, nature or ability. Photo's of the four Grumpig up for offer are in the spoiler below:

Spoiler:

The OT Vivi is the name I pick when I play as the female character btw =p

So to recap, if interested:
    Game you want to trade in (USUM or Home/BDSP):
    Nickname (Yes/No, if yes what nickname):
    Also, if we need to schedule a trade due to timezone differences, the below would be handy to include:
    Timezone:

Attachments

DSC02350.JPG
      129.4 KB · Views: 89
      DSC02366.JPG
      139.9 KB · Views: 88
      DSC02383.JPG
      115 KB · Views: 91
    Years
  • There has been no interest in the Grumpigs so far. So, I'm adding 3 more Psychic type mons I ended up with as spares to the giveaway, in case these are more interesting.
    Giveaway for the Grumpig still stands.

In my case, I currently have no game with me right now, so despite the giveaways being generous and interesting, I will pass :)

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Oh!! I've been so busy but I'm absolutely interested in the giveaway and I realized I forgot to respond to it!! I can take the Grumpig or whatever you have to offer!! I have BDSP <33

Years
  • Oh!! I've been so busy but I'm absolutely interested in the giveaway and I realized I forgot to respond to it!! I can take the Grumpig or whatever you have to offer!! I have BDSP <33

Any preference from the four Grumpig ?
    Do you want a nickname on it?
    If you have no preference I'll just randomly grab one.

Also, I don't mind throwing in one of the Medichams as well =3

Last edited:
    Years
  • I talked this over with Rekoil, and thought I would mention that I have a few psychic shinies that I can spare, if anybody is interested. 1 shiny female Alolan Raichu, timid nature, 1 male shiny Meditite, adamant nature and 2 shiny Wobbufett, 1 male and 1 female, both of them are calm nature. If anybody is interested I am happy to donate to this awesome giveaway. I am also the OT, so I can name these Pokemon if anybody would like a nickname.

Years

• Anyone wanna do some predictions for Psychic types for gen 9? =)

Number of new Psychic types (including regional forms):
    Psychic type regional forms for the following Pokemon:
    Any Psychic type legendaries:
    Will there be a Psychic type Pseudo:
    Will there be a Psychic type Specialist:
    Amount of new Psychic type moves:
    Will any Psychic types be included in the new gimmick:

Years
  • Lol I feel that I'll go horribly wrong with this, but let's try!

Number of new Psychic types (including regional forms): 15
    Psychic type regional forms for the following Pokemon: Tauros
    Any Psychic type legendaries: hmmm, nope. I think the number of Legendaries will be similar to Swo/Shi and the third legendary won't be a psychic type imo.
    Will there be a Psychic type Pseudo: nope.
    Will there be a Psychic type Specialist: Yes, indeed. Either gyms or whatever, there's gonna be a psychic specialist imo
    Amount of new Psychic type moves: 2. New psychic pokemon signature moves, probably.
    Will any Psychic types be included in the new gimmick: Yes. Imo the new gimmick will be similar to dynamax, so it would include every pokemon, so yeah.

What are your predictions, Mr. ReKoil? ^_^

Years

• Below are all the Ice/Psychic type Pokemon. Which of these do you like the most?
    If you were to participate in each of the five types of Pokemon contest (Beautiful, Clever, Cool, Cute, Tough), picking each mon no more than once, Which Pokemon would you enter into which contest type?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

You are bedridden and need to rely on one of the above Ice/Psychic types for each of the following five situations. You can only pick each Pokemon once.
    Which Ice/Psychic type Pokemon do you select for which situation? Feel free to elaborate as much as you want!

1) You were supposed to attend a relatives birthday party. Which of these Pokemon do you send in your stead?

2) There is no food and medicine in the house. Which of these Pokemon do you send to go shopping with your wallet?

3) Your pets need to be looked after. Which of these Pokemon will you have tend to them?

4) An angry neighbor comes over to your house. Which of these Pokemon will you send to deal with them?

5) You are too ill to cook and do chores. Which of these Pokemon will do them?

This second part is the same as it was in the Ice type club, so anyone who answered it there can just ignore it if they want to.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Below are all the Ice/Psychic type Pokemon. Which of these do you like the most?

Hmmmm, honestly I am not a fan of any of those. I like Glastrier, but I prefer Spectrier/Shadow-Calyrex WAY MORE than Glastrier/Ice- Calyrex. I am not a fan of the rest, but I like Jynx. Indeed not one of my fav pokemon, but it's quite useful in battles, even competitive ones, sometimes. I think Jynx deserves more love!

If you were to participate in each of the five types of Pokemon contest (Beautiful, Clever, Cool, Cute, Tough), picking each mon no more than once, Which Pokemon would you enter into which contest type?

BEAUTIFUL: Jynx
    CLEVER: Galarian Mr.Mime
    COOL: Mr.Rime
    CUTE: Smoochum
    TOUGH: Ice-Calyrex

You are bedridden and need to rely on one of the above Ice/Psychic types for each of the following five situations. You can only pick each Pokemon once.
    Which Ice/Psychic type Pokemon do you select for which situation? Feel free to elaborate as much as you want!

1) You were supposed to attend a relatives birthday party. Which of these Pokemon do you send in your stead?
    Smoochum. It's gonna catch the attention thanks to its cuteness.

2) There is no food and medicine in the house. Which of these Pokemon do you send to go shopping with your wallet?
    Mr.Rime, a distinguished gentleman, who would know which medicines to buy and how to wisely use the money.

3) Your pets need to be looked after. Which of these Pokemon will you have tend to them?
    Jynx, who seems to suit for the job pretty well.

4) An angry neighbor comes over to your house. Which of these Pokemon will you send to deal with them?
    Ice-Calyrex. Probably won't be my neighbor anymore lol

5) You are too ill to cook and do chores. Which of these Pokemon will do them?
    Galarian Mr.Mime. It seems to be a pokemon you can rely on.

Years

• Below are the Rock/Psychic and Ground/Psychic type Pokemon. Are there any other Pokemon you think could've fit in either of these type combinations?
    All of them have the Levitate ability. Are there any other abilities you think they could've had?

Wild Lunatone and Solrock have a chance to be holding a Moon or Sun Stone respectively. Wild Baltoy/Claydol have a chance to be holding Light Clay. Do you think these held items fit them thematically?

You go Spelunking with these four Pokemon. Which Pokemon would you assign which of the following tasks? You can assign each mon only once.

1) You want to search the cave for rare rocks and evolution stones. Which Pokemon do you have help you?

2) You hear the screams of a Pokemon in trouble deeper into the cave. Which Pokemon do you take with you to investigate and potentially deal with any trouble you find?
    Spoiler:

3) You camp inside the cave with the Pokemon you just helped out. Which of these Pokemon do you send back outside to the nearby Pokemon Center (with a letter explaining the situation) to look for the Rockruff's trainer?

4) The Rockruff is clearly upset, but very skittish and it keeps it's distance from you. Which Pokemon do you send out to try and comfort it till it's trainer comes back?

Spoiler:

Attachments

RockPsychicGround.png
      472.8 KB · Views: 72
    Last edited:
    Years
  • 1) You want to search the cave for rare rocks and evolution stones. Which Pokemon do you have help you? Claydol. More eyes, the better!

2) You hear the screams of a Pokemon in trouble deeper into the cave. Which Pokemon do you take with you to investigate and potentially deal with any trouble you find? Solrock, it's pretty much a strong pokemon!

3) You camp inside the cave with the Pokemon you just helped out. Which of these Pokemon do you send back outside to the nearby Pokemon Center (with a letter explaining the situation) to look for the Rockruff's trainer?
    Lunatone can use the convex part of its body to carry the letter. Actually, it could do that also using its psychic powers, but I am a creative trainer.

4) The Rockruff is clearly upset, but very skittish and it keeps it's distance from you. Which Pokemon do you send out to try and comfort it till it's trainer comes back?

Baltoy because it's cute and definitely looks more friendly.

Years

Above are all the Grass/Psychic and Bug/Psychic type Pokemon.

If you were a Psychic type specialist, would any of these Pokemon be on your team?

If you had to pick any of these Pokemon's names as a brand name, which would it be?

You go picnicking in the forest and take these Pokemon along. Which Pokemon do you use for which of the situations below?

1) You want to locate the best spot in the forest for you picnic, one meeting all your conditions for the ideal picnicking spot. Which Pokemon do you use to help you find it?

2) You've brought most of the food yourself, but want to forage the rest for extra freshness. Which Pokemon do you send to go forage for fresh vegetables, herbs and fruit?

3) Once you've assembled all the food, it's time to prepare it. Which Pokemon helps you prepare it?

4) You decide to take a nice nap after eating. Which Pokemon will keep a lookout while you sleep?

5) Upon leaving the forest you realize you've lost your keys. Which Pokemon will help you find them?

6) You didn't pay attention to your surrounding while searching for your keys and upon finding them realize you are lost. Which Pokemon do you rely on to get back to where you entered the forest?

I initially had another graphic planned for this prompt... but I haven't been able to get around to it. And I'm not delaying the prompt a second time =p

Spoiler:

Attachments

GrassPsychicBug.png
      742.1 KB · Views: 68
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    To be quite honest, I prefer Celebi over the other Pokémon listed by quite a significant amount. Therefore, Celebi would primarily be the Pokémon I would entrust to guide my along my picnicking journey throughout its entirety.

However, I would likely depend upon Calyrex to keep a lookout whilst I sleep. Celebi does need a break, after all! Calyrex also strikes me as a noble and wise Pokémon, one who wouldn't get distracted and wander off, as opposed to fulfilling its duty.

Celebi I could truly use its ability to time travel, I mean hypothetically, it could go to any time period to fetch us food, which would in turn mean that our options would be limitless, and food would come in an abundance of course. I can only imagine the delectable, mouth-watering feast we would assemble! Ah!!!

Perhaps I would entrust the cooking to Orbeetle. Something about it makes me think that it would know a thing or two about making a hearty, delicious meal.

Now, I've jumped around all over the place without properly addressing the initial two questions. Typical of a scatterbrain such as myself. Anyhow! As a psychic specialist, I would love to have Celebi on my team, it was truly be nothing short of an absolute honour and privilege. Other than that, I would possibly employ the use of Orbeetle or Calyrex, though neither are necessarily my first choice. I happen to love quite a few psychic types, and Pokémon such as Gardevoir, Espeon, and Galarian Rapidash already have a guaranteed spot on my team, due to my unadulterated love for them.

Now, for a brand name, that's a very atypical and specific question. Rekoil, I must say, your creativity never fails to amaze me. I love responding to your prompts! Anyways, Calyrex sounds ridiculously regal. Doesn't it? Sounds like the name of a prestigious jewelry company, and one that sources diamonds ethically. Therefore, that is my final answer.

Years

• Below are all the Psychic/Dark and Psychic/Ghost types (no screenshot compilation this time as I can't take one for Hoopa Unbound):

Which of these do you like the most and which do you like the least?
    Have you ever had any of these on one of your teams? If not, are there any amongst them you would like to use on one of your teams?

A different spin on the 'pick a mon for each situation' I normally do with these type combination prompts...
    In the below situations one of these Pokemon will offer you assistance with something... you just need to decide whether or not you trust them enough to actually be of help in that situation or whether or not you accept what they offer you!

1) You overslept and are really late for work/school. Hoopa Confined happens to be nearby and offers to open a portal with it's rings so you can get there quickly. Do you trust it and accept?

2) There's a blackout. A wild Inkay offers to help guide you around with it's lights. Would you accept?

3) A wormhole opens up and the Ultra Beast Guzzlord comes out and starts attacking buildings. Dawn Wings Necrozma shows up to help deal with it, wishing to fight alongside capable trainers. Will you aid it and step up to the plate?

4) Hoopa Unbound has it's eyes set on something you own and offers you wealth beyond comparison in exchange. Do you accept the offer?

5) Shadow Rider Calyrex arrives to warn the town/city you live in of a meteorite strike that will happen the very next day. People are distrustful. Do you trust it and potentially help it convince people to evacuate?

6) You are having trouble sleeping and a Malamar offers to help you sleep by using Hypnosis on you. Do you trust it and accept the offer?

7) You wish to see other worlds and Lunala offers to take you to them, however it won't let you return to this one. Do you take it up on the offer?

Probably the last of these 'type combination' style prompts for a bit. Doing them all in a row is probably gonna get boring... and I wanna switch to some other topics too =P

Spoiler:

Back