• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v11

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Depends on what you mean by "interesting" really, ahaha. Business as usual for me lately, but games are fun. How about you? :3

Years

250,000 by the end of the year is doable! I'm just sitting around waiting for restaurants to open back up fully so I can work full time, I've got nothing to do!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024

My store finally opened back up after being closed for 6 months. Let me just say it was not that good of a decision to do because they didn't give us enough time to get everything ready and set up. We're still trying to get everything in order and get new people because half the people we had didn't come back because they found other jobs and the handful of people we have now are quitting. Everyone is pissed at corporate for how they handled this whole thing.

pkmin3033

So it sounded like a good idea on paper, but in practice it was an absolute disaster? Sounds like upper management thinking to me!

Years

Very true, the restaurant I was working at when the shutdown happened had to close it's doors forever as we had been open 3 months and it completely crippled us. Really sucked too because I left a place where I was writing the menu and we changed it bi-weekly so it was a great place to play with seasonal produce and flex your knowledge.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024

I mean they had 6 months to figure this out and all they've done is gave more for Managers to do and cut any overtime whatsoever. Oh and we're short staffed and expect to have the job of 3-4 people done by one person. Granted we only have half our lanes open and half our games on. But in my section which I would say is 75% of the store I have to be able to wipe down my games and put stickers on them while still taking care of cranes and resetting them and taking care of my counter.....alone. Impossible on a Friday and Saturday when we're busy.

pkmin3033

What about social distancing? Do you only allow a set number of people in the store at a time, or enforce a mask policy?
    tbh it's shocking how cavalier some businesses have been about Covid =/

Years
    236521. Ew that sounds unpleasant to be working.

For me, I've been deep in the Cities:Skylines rabbit hole for gaming and have spent any time I've had available prepping to start packing since my lease ends January 31st and I wanted to have most of my stuff out before the ground freezes.

Years

I have been working at a grocery store this entire time. My life hasn't changed at all other than wearing a mask when going out.

Years

I feel pretty stupid because for years I had been a hermit and kinda regret my lifestyle now.

Years

Being a hermit has an upside though, when you aren't busy focusing on other people as much it can be a good time to really get to know yourself and what you like outside of a friend group.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back