• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Years
    • Seen today
    243 222

While it's a true point, herd mentality and group think can be equally harmful.

It's way more prevalent than one would think. Reddit actively encourages this mindset. You take a category of specific people and give them the ability to downvote and hide opinions they don't want to see. From a psychological perspective (I was even a student of psychology at one point) it's a fascinating website.

Days
  • 243 225

Same. Most of them are filled with trash-users, who use indecent words regularly in their posts and it doesn't feels good to join in that kind of environment. Places like this Forum is nice place to be part of, because it feels fun and nice rather than the bad-language effect on sites like Reddit, Facebook, etc.

I am better off doing my things on my own than joining those places.

And in my opinion, Forums feels good to be in Forum Services platform, rather than making forum on Reddit, Facebook, Discord, etc. although I don't know the craze why forums are hosted on them just because they have dedicated software downloadable from Store. But the Official Forums of reputed names are hosted on Forum Services only, not on those mentioned Social Sites.

Days
  • 243 229

Same for me as well; I could be only found here. Although I am not on Discord like Lavender !! Plus I have no intentions to be going on Discord. Once I saw Discord in my friend's mobile, and it looked quite terrible to me, and I wonder why it is chosen forums, even though other alternatives exists, like Matrix-based Element:

Days
  • 243 234

Another thing is that those platforms are made for streaming games therefore they have VoIP by default which you mentioned, than with hosting forum. Hence they lack usability and customization, and more often or not every thing comes in on a single topic, rather than how detailed this forum is. Though I guess people are too lazy to log into a website via browser, hence they want simplicity of clicking icon like in games.....

And since I use Desktop(Laptop nowadays after demise of my PC), hence the permission to microphone and camera are disabled by default. So I am not affected by those hidden or tertiary features anywhere.

On my phone, I use Signal Messenger and it is quite decent for the purposes which it serves, not too much fuss like in Whatsapp or Telegram.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    243 235

Can't be much simpler than a forum, though. :P

I honestly don't buy the idea that these messenger apps are easier to use than forums. I'd rather think it's about the "perceived privacy" you get with them. You can make groups with them and only allow certain people in. You can do the same with forums. But it is a little bit more complicated and most people will still think of the public side of it.

Days
  • 243 240

I also use Forum via Desktop, but sometimes when I am not at home or Desktop is inaccessible, then I just use Firefox Browser in mobile to log in here. It is so simple and convenient. But many details like signature and statistics are not visible on mobile or can only be seen in Desktop-Mode view. Apart from it, everything is correct and snappy.

Back