• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i was on GTS i had a lv1 pokemon (cant remember which) and this person wanted it,and was offerin a shiyn breloom, i was like HELL YES! XD

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I just either can't figure out the GTS or aren't patient enough to sit there!! LOL

My biggest WTF moment (that I can recall right now) is trying to chain for shinies using my level 55 Hoothoot, but not being able to run away from battles, but also having all attacks miss.

I mean....*cries*

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I just either can't figure out the GTS or aren't patient enough to sit there!! LOL

My biggest WTF moment (that I can recall right now) is trying to chain for shinies using my level 55 Hoothoot, but not being able to run away from battles, but also having all attacks miss.

I mean....*cries*

*hugs* happens to all of us, even worse when you encounter a steel type with only a ariados with poison attacks EPIC FAIL!

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    this happened while i was playin Platinum:

this annoyin fly was buzzin around my room& it got sucked into my fan, i was tryin to push it into the blades,but it was fightin so hard (kinda cute) and i ended up savin it instead (anyone who knows me k nows i HATE bugs) and on instinct i took my fly splatter (which i used to save him) and killed him :( so epic fail/wtf i just killed my first ever bug friend :(

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
    I have two official "WTF" moments in Pokemon.

Pokemon Pearl:
    I had a level 23 Magikarp: The enemy has one Pokemon left, full health, and I am forced to use tackle. Critical hit all the way like 2 hp. Win!

Pokemon Platinum:
    Wanted to catch a Steelix and it uses takedown and kills itself. Thanks you freaking d**che bag!

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    *hugs back* Thanks! Oh man, steel types are so hard for me! I still haven't successfully caught a Skarmory, even though I want one, just cos! lol!

i love Skamory <3
    steel types are a pain,but its worth it <3

I have two official "WTF" moments in Pokemon.

Pokemon Pearl:
    I had a level 23 Magikarp: The enemy has one Pokemon left, full health, and I am forced to use tackle. Critical hit all the way like 2 hp. Win!

Pokemon Platinum:
    Wanted to catch a Steelix and it uses takedown and kills itself. Thanks you freaking d**che bag!

EPIC WIN! (youve won this weeks WTF moment of the week :P)

thats why i only catch rock headed ones :P

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Some guy hacks against me, using a spiritomb with wonder Gaurd. I knew him too! I would've won if he hadn't used that Fing spiritomb.
    Then in the rematch (he didn't use the spiritomb) I could've won if X-scissor had Koed his Jirachi instead of leaving it with 1 HP. God I hate when that happens.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    In the battle frontier of platinum, I had a strange battle in the battle roulette. My team was: Thyphlosion, Blaziken and Zapdos. The trainer had an Electabuzz, a Seviper and a Chansey. The problem was the Chansey, who restored health continuously. I only had Zapdos at that time, and I had to wait until Chansey's PP went to 0 to make it faint (he fainted by it's own). I recorded it with the VS Recorder (2 parts):

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO4nlUqMY2I
    Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhCSDZT1pi8

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    Not really gutting, but i caught a few shiny voltorbs on a chain, then the next shiny patch appears, i go in it and a shiny Mr Mime appears? :/ i was like WTFBBQ

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Wasting a Full Revive when Sandstorm Ended up KOing Cynthia's last Pokemon ... :/

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    My WTF Moment happened just today. I present it to you now...

Me: *chaining Shinx for shinies, up to 22*
    Grass Patch: *shake shake*
    Me: Woooo going to kick your butt you lazy Shinx!
    *walks into grass patch*
    WILD BIBAREL APPEARS!
    Me: NOOO! I HATE YOU YOU STUPID BEAVER!! *decides to show how much I hate it right now by KO-ing it as painfully as possible*

Pikachu, Go!
    PIKACHU used THUNDER WAVE!
    BIBAREL is PARALYZED! It may be unable to move!
    BIBAREL is PARALYZED! It can't move!
    PIKACHU used QUICK ATTACK!
    CRITICAL HIT!
    BIBAREL used WATER GUN!
    PIKACHU FAINTED!
    Send out next pokemon?

*flees while crying*

That mofo used Water Gun...

Shubshub

Master of The Y
    Years
    My Biggest WTF Moment
    Was
    I Had Already Caught Giratina
    On Platinum
    And I Decided To Trade Over an adamant and lustorus orb to my platinum
    i went to spear Pillar engaged In Battle With Dialga First

Got Out My First P0KE BALL Caught It On First Try With A Normal Pokeball on a Level 70 Dialga Full HP
    So I Almost Flipped Out Until I Went and Engaged Battle With Palkia Level 70 Got Out A Poke Ball And Caught It Full Health And My Jaw Literally Dropped Like This
    Before: o_o
    After: OoO
    Lol

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i breed 1egg, then release the parents back into the wild, that 1egg hatches into my first ever bred shiny pokemon... A SLUGMA!

my exact words: "Holy ****!" followed by a rather girly scream, yes i am proud to say i was unmanly for 15seconds!

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    i breed 1egg, then release the parents back into the wild, that 1egg hatches into my first ever bred shiny pokemon... A SLUGMA!

my exact words: "Holy ****!" followed by a rather girly scream, yes i am proud to say i was unmanly for 15seconds!

LMAOOOO!!!!

I think that would make ANYONE go unmanly!!! :P

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    ...Love this one.
    I saw that i couldnt get kabuto in HG, so i decide to go underground. On the very first wall i go to, i get exactly the fossil i needed. I go and revive it, and out of nowhere, its a shiny! it has been my favorite shiny so far, because it is the first time i ever saw that pokemon, and it happened to be shiny. and yes, i emasculated myself in front of my friend.
    I was like :D for the rest of the night.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back