• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elise

ニャーニャー
Years
  • that was cold, try to be a lil nicer next time ;)

:/ Sorry, I was trying to be sympathetic in a funny way and I guess it came out wrong. I'll be more careful next time. :)

Anyway, I usually get WTF moments in DPPt because I have lack of brain power and don't remember to stock up on Pokeballs frequently. I've even done it with Legendaries, like Azelf xD. Oops.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    :/ Sorry, I was trying to be sympathetic in a funny way and I guess it came out wrong. I'll be more careful next time. :)

Anyway, I usually get WTF moments in DPPt because I have lack of brain power and don't remember to stock up on Pokeballs frequently. I've even done it with Legendaries, like Azelf xD. Oops.

its chill, just didnt want anyone to misinterpret your words, & get offended (people do it to me all the time lol)

that happened to me durin the regis, i kept for gettin to stock up, so i literally had to catch them wit dusk balls, very few ultra balls, timer balls, & pokeballs lol

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • Um well heres one getting giratina down to one hp then relizing i had no pokebaalls

Greyson

Came just to kill your thread.
    Years
  • I broke my chain of 23 Shinx...
    With a Shinx.
    On a PokeRadar patch of grass.
    Wtf?
    It's happened twice now.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • So I was RNG breeding for a Shiny Growlithe and when it finally hatched, it was shiny. I was pretty stoked, so I went and put it on my PC to later EV train it. When I went to my PC to withdraw it, it wasn't shiny anymore. Is that even possible? :\

Last edited:

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • I traded my shiny Golem for a Mew, had a look in my box's a couple days later and there was my shiny Golem sitting happily next to my Mew... wtf? I know I traded it, the only two possibilities I can think of is I caught another one and didn't notice or he didn't like his new trainer, escaped and made his way back to me.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I traded my shiny Golem for a Mew, had a look in my box's a couple days later and there was my shiny Golem sitting happily next to my Mew... wtf? I know I traded it, the only two possibilities I can think of is I caught another one and didn't notice or he didn't like his new trainer, escaped and made his way back to me.

he made his way back to you ^_^

ive learned whenver i DONT want shinies they appear and whenever i do, they dont, especially when it comes to using the pokerader (is it even possible for a normal shooken grass to be shiny!?)

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • my WTF moment today was: i started hunting all the roaming pokemon in playinum, i find moltres... its shiny "oh come on, everyone knows the non-shiny version looks better!"
    i find zapdos in the next route O.o" its also shiny O_O "how?" is all i thought
    then cresselia.... its shiny too "Yay the only one i wanted shiny! XD"
    then comes articuno after 20 minutes of chasing it down.....
    guess what? its also shiny "WHAT THE HELL!?"

and then after this madness, you turned off your action replay ;)

ahungryhamster

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2018
    So I just caught Dialga and Palkia in my Platinum game.

I stocked up on Pokeballs (50 Ultra Balls and 30 Dusk Balls), grabbed a couple Pokemon that could take hits as well as one to induce sleep, and got ready for a long battle.

They each took one Dusk Ball to catch. No joke.

Do Dialga and Palkia have really high catch rates, or is the Dusk Ball just awesome? Or was I really lucky?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Do Dialga and Palkia have really high catch rates, or is the Dusk Ball just awesome? Or was I really lucky?
    They definitely don't have high catch rates (all legendaries have a catch rate of 3), but the same exact thing happened to me. I'm more than sure that the Dusk Ball is just awesome and carries luck with it.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    and then after this madness, you turned off your action replay ;)

indeed lol ;)

i finally got a chain OVER 5, with nindoran male
    yay! i went to the final patch of grass, it shook like all the others then....
    a bidoof WTF!? goddammit -_-" it couldnt have at least been a FEMALE nindoran... it had to be a blood BIDOOF
    when the hell did bidoof become rare!?
    last time i checked they multiplied faster than rats -_-"

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    Hmm... my WTF moment in Platinum was when I was fighting my friends "Hoenn Team" and Pelipper (water/flying) vs'ed my Torterra, at first hit i used Seed Bomb, a normal hit, almost killed it, then he used "roost" and then I used Seed Bomb again and it was super-effective! Idk how that happened, but it was my WTF?! moment :D

Ronin

Years
  • Hmm... my WTF moment in Platinum was when I was fighting my friends "Hoenn Team" and Pelipper (water/flying) vs'ed my Torterra, at first hit i used Seed Bomb, a normal hit, almost killed it, then he used "roost" and then I used Seed Bomb again and it was super-effective! Idk how that happened, but it was my WTF?! moment :D

That's because grass is weak against flying and super effective against water making grass moves normal overall. However the move Roost while restoring the pokemon's health by a margin it also removes the pokemon's "flying type". This means that after roost Pelipper was simply a water type and the move became super effective.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    caught arcveus this mornin wit a normal pokeball, no lie, i had no balls in my bad except timers& quick balls, & several normal pokeballs
    i threw a normal pokeball& caught it

instantly nicknamed it: LOLwtf!?

and since my AR completely deleted my platinum, i was unable to use AR answers :P

im still tryin to recover the codes >.<"

my next one is, i encounter a shiny dialga,& throw 1ultra ball... instant capture
    i forgot to stock up on balls

then i fought palkia, & threw a net ball.... another capture

i literally caught all 3back to back with a single ball each time

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Battled against Palkia, my Pikachu uses Thunderbolt then my Palkia kills it, and I realised I had no one else in my team. WTF?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Battled against Palkia, my Pikachu uses Thunderbolt then my Palkia kills it, and I realised I had no one else in my team. WTF?

thats bull O.o"

i game froze everytime i tried to go fight palkia....
    finally i got it to work, yay! no shiny tho :(
    i got shiny dialga tho XD

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Mine actually just happened. I hatched an Eevee on my Japanese Platinum Version and it was shiny (silver). However, when I went to check its stats, it was a normal Eevee. What the heck!? >:

EDIT: Soft-resetted and the same thing happened again, same egg. I'll do it again and take pics for proof.

EDIT #2: My proof
    30271_1475708821840_1507313034_31227220_4522740_n.jpg

30271_1475709021845_1507313034_31227221_5972149_n.jpg

Oh, about 2 weeks ago when I was playing Diamond, when I battled Veteran Edgar in Victory Road, when he was down to his last Pokemon, after I used Hail, the game froze. I hadn't saved since I had first entered...

BTW, I have never used a cheat device on either of these games.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Mine actually just happened. I hatched an Eevee on my Japanese Platinum Version and it was shiny (silver). However, when I went to check its stats, it was a normal Eevee. What the heck!? >:

EDIT: Soft-resetted and the same thing happened again, same egg. I'll do it again and take pics for proof.

EDIT #2: My proof
    30271_1475708821840_1507313034_31227220_4522740_n.jpg

30271_1475709021845_1507313034_31227221_5972149_n.jpg

Oh, about 2 weeks ago when I was playing Diamond, when I battled Veteran Edgar in Victory Road, when he was down to his last Pokemon, after I used Hail, the game froze. I hadn't saved since I had first entered...

BTW, I have never used a cheat device on either of these games.

same thing happened to my chikorita with vine whip :(

Ronin

Years
  • Mine actually just happened. I hatched an Eevee on my Japanese Platinum Version and it was shiny (silver). However, when I went to check its stats, it was a normal Eevee. What the heck!? >:

It's a very annoying glitch, when the egg is laid it is decided if it's shiny or not however if you trade it to another cart then it resets. This shows by it hatching and you seeing what would of happened if it was hatched on the other cart but when you look at it there is sadly only a 1 in 8192 of it actually being shiny. It does also work in reverse, you can hatch a pokemon and it's not shiny then when you look at its stats it is (same 1 in 8192 chance).

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Do Dialga and Palkia have really high catch rates, or is the Dusk Ball just awesome? Or was I really lucky?

They definitely don't have high catch rates (all legendaries have a catch rate of 3), but the same exact thing happened to me. I'm more than sure that the Dusk Ball is just awesome and carries luck with it.

Actually, Dialga and Palkia have a catch rate of 30. That's relatively high, but you were still lucky. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back