• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    My (old now XD) high skool has block scheduleing :/ 8 classes total with 4 classes per day. I never liked it. everything was so jumbeled & AP classes where ridiculous. It really screwed us up when we had a day or 2 off. We came back & where like "what day is it?" XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    We have eight classes in total at my school, too, but only four per semester. One semester's from September to the end of January, and then the second semester's from February to June.

I'm glad there's only four, I don't think I could ever balance any more. @_@;

Years
    In middle school I had 8 classes per day, 9 including lunch really. Half hour long. It would alternate throughout the week so it could be like:

Day 1: Gym, English, English, Math, Lunch, Computers, French, Social Studies.
    Day 2: Social Studies, Music, Health, Art, Lunch, Math, English, English, French.
    Etc.

It would be 5 days total, but most of the time there were 2 days that were the same. Now during high school I have 4 classes per day, 76 minutes long, and there's two semesters.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Only 4 classes per day? o___o daaaaang. Ever since the 6th grade until now (I'm going into 12th grade) I've had 9 classes. Each class is 45 minutes long and we get 5 minute breaks between each class, passing periods. We keep the same classes for a semester, then 2nd semester we get a new schedule, with generally the same classes but with different teachers.

I'm fine with it this year, out of my 9 classes, only 2 of them are core classes (Math + English) the rest are for fun.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I have 4 classes per day, but each is one and a half hours long, it isn't like I have less school then the normal schedule. Last year my classes were:

Day 1: PE, Chinese, Algebra 2, Football
    Day 2: English, Geometry, History, Science

But I guess it does give me more time to finish homework. :P

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I have five classes a day, but I guess you could count it as four. I have a pointless period called MSIP, usually second or third period. It's basically a study/catch-up period, but no one ever needs to study or catch-up. So... most of us skip. MSIP A.K.A. MSKIP. Yeah, seriously; that's what we call it. I didn't just make that up trying to sound cool. :/

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I have five classes a day, but I guess you could count it as four. I have a pointless period called MSIP, usually second or third period. It's basically a study/catch-up period, but no one ever needs to study or catch-up. So... most of us skip. MSIP A.K.A. MSKIP. Yeah, seriously; that's what we call it. I didn't just make that up trying to sound cool. :/
    I do believe we have what you're talking about as well. We call it "IRP" or, Instructional Resource Period. We have one on Monday and then again on Friday. It's grouped according to your grade level and your last name. So, for four years I've had that class with some of the dumbest people I've ever met! Good thing you can go to clubs on the Monday IRP. I usually just get a pass from one of my favorite teacher's for Friday. It's so much more fun to spend 45 minutes messing around in a Freshman IRP with an awesome teacher than spending it studying. :P

Years
    Not 10000 yet?

I think the Year 10s & 11s have a few study periods every week to prepare for their exams.

Below that we just have study periods on our actual exam week. (Year 7 & 8 exams dont actually amount to anything though.)

Years
    For exams at my school we're allowed to go to the library whenever we want during exam week, but we don't really have study periods. I normally don't go and just study at home, a lot easier in a comfortable environment.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    During exam week at my school, we have one per day. Our period one exam is on the first day, our period two one is on the second day, and so on so forth. It's two hours long, and we get the rest of the day off so we can go home. We have a week before where we do pure review during our classes, so we don't have to worry about learning new material or having tests or the like.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    During exam week at my school, we have one per day. Our period one exam is on the first day, our period two one is on the second day, and so on so forth. It's two hours long, and we get the rest of the day off so we can go home. We have a week before where we do pure review during our classes, so we don't have to worry about learning new material or having tests or the like.

Exactly how mine work, but we might end up with two a day. Why? Not a clue. It has something to do with the period number and your student number. :/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My exam schedule in high school was... a lot like mine is in university now. :/ Every course (not class, but course) was given a set date and time. So you could have two exams in one day and none on other days. Or one everyday... etc. If you had any overlaps, then they'd make a special case for you but otherwise you were stuck with whatever you had. That way they didn't have to prepare separate exams for, say, each grade 10 math class. Each class had the same time so there was no chance of people saying what was on the exam and cheating. :x

In university it's pretty much the same thing except stretch the one-week exam period to about 3. XD; I have like a whole week between two of my exams this term.

Exactly how mine work, but we might end up with two a day. Why? Not a clue. It has something to do with the period number and your student number. :/
    Nice, the 10000th reply. XD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Our old exam system, apparently, was like that. Actually, the year I entered high school was the first year we used the new system (which was the system mentioned in my previous post), so I have no idea what the previous system was like at all. Apparently, everyone wrote their exam in the gym and the schedules were determined by the subject; so at one certain time, all the Math classes, regardless of grade, would write an exam, and then at a different time it would be all the English classes, and so on.

...Or something like that. o_o;

Cherrim

Years
    I'm failing to see how that would work since there are three math classes in grade 12 here and if you take all three, at least two have to be in the same term. XD But that sounds a lot less complicated than my school's way of doing it. x_x; But I don't understand how my brother's school does it (and I assume yours? Sounds similar). He has his first period class exam the first day, second period is the second day, and so on. But... what about cases where there are multiple classes for a course? o_O; Do the poor teachers have to prepare a separate exam for each class? Or are they the same and the people who have a later period class at an advantage if they have friends in an earlier class? o_o;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I hardly have any exams in College :/ Because my program is basically all like.. hands on.. so we just get a bunch of major assignments and then for our exam it's like.. this really easy 20-question, multiple choice test.

:/

Cherrim

Years
    Lucky you. XD; Pretty much every course I'm in has an exam worth over half the course mark so they always make me nervous. Not to mention 2.5 hours is so not enough time to do 14 pages worth of math, baaaw.

I love exams though. :D There's nothing quite like the feeling of walking out of an exam (so long as you know you aren't gonna fail the course XD) and knowing that it's over and you don't have to touch that stuff until the course that comes after it. ♥

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm failing to see how that would work since there are three math classes in grade 12 here and if you take all three, at least two have to be in the same term. XD But that sounds a lot less complicated than my school's way of doing it. x_x; But I don't understand how my brother's school does it (and I assume yours? Sounds similar). He has his first period class exam the first day, second period is the second day, and so on. But... what about cases where there are multiple classes for a course? o_O; Do the poor teachers have to prepare a separate exam for each class? Or are they the same and the people who have a later period class at an advantage if they have friends in an earlier class? o_o;

That's most likely why they changed it to the new system. XD;

In any case, I have no clue whatsoever as to what the old system was exactly; that info was just what I was told by teachers and older students and such.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Lucky you. XD; Pretty much every course I'm in has an exam worth over half the course mark so they always make me nervous. Not to mention 2.5 hours is so not enough time to do 14 pages worth of math, baaaw.

I love exams though. :D There's nothing quite like the feeling of walking out of an exam (so long as you know you aren't gonna fail the course XD) and knowing that it's over and you don't have to touch that stuff until the course that comes after it. ♥

I guess so..
    But it'd even a better feeling when you walk into an exam basically feeling like you know everything already and finish the test in like 10 minutes :/

There are still so many people who fail, though.. :/ But that's usually cause they never show up for the lectures.
    I dunno why they don't.. cause the lectures are so awesome @@

Did you know I had a dream about you teaching me math?

This is offtopic but I was thinking of starting a "Fitness" thread to encourage people who want to be more fit or lose (or gain) some weight to be healthy :/
    But I feel like it's gonna be closed :/ Because I dunno what it is but I feel like mods around here don't like me.

Cherrim

Years
    @Saryka: XD As annoying as my schedule kinda was I think it was the least confusing I've heard of.

@Kura: Yes, that's an even better feeling... though they won't let you leave until at least 75% of the time has gone past anyway for our exams. If at all for finals--I don't remember because I always write them right to the end. :[

Haha, wtf why was I teaching you math? XD

And... I don't see a problem with it and I can't think of a reason something like that would be closed so... go for it. o.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back