• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Whatever study hall is [which is presumably a hall to study in, but there is more to it...right?], we don't do it in my school.
    We did homework in the library, or home. xD

We're allowed to grade other people's papers in some classes but not in others. Just depends on the teacher.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    I've never experienced study hall... I don't know what that is. I've heard of it but... nope. o.o'

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Study Hall... that sounds suspicious to me. Study.... *looks up in dictionary*

---

We just do our homework when we can.

---

*gets out magic change-of-topic wand* I can do that..right?

Well, I had some of our tortoise eggs hatch yesterday. About 20 to go...2 down.

https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/cinny_pics/DSC00007.jpg

There is a picture, they are SO TINY. That is my hand.. they make it look humongous XP

What does we all think? Cute or nay? Sadly, we will have to sell them because looking after tortoises is very expensive and we already have 4 adults.

Oh yes and to inform everyone. Tortoises are not slow. XP

Years
    When I had nothing better to do for one of my lunches in grade 9 (yeah, I was a loner and I knew two kids out of my entire 1,500 school) I'd go to the library at lunch and study. I actually did good that semester. XD

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I only had study hall during Year 9 of secondary school. In Year 10, they rearranged the schedule and did away with the whole thing. I never had much use for it anyway.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    We don't have study hall in my school, it's just call free period. As long as it isn't rule breaking (as in leaving school or interrupting classes) you can do anything during this free period.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    We don't have study hall or any of that, but we're free to go to the library during our lunch if we want to. I never do, but the resource is available. :x

Years
    I remember when I was in the library for a history assignment one time a few stupid kids got on a computer and played this really annoying kiddy song over and over... then some dude walked over and shut their computer down without saying anything, it was funny. XD

But I hate kids who just stand around to annoy people when they're trying to study. :\

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The only equivalent of a study period would be to have a spare period in my high school. But that was only available to students in grade 12 who already had all their credit requirements, and no one who qualified ever bothered to study with their free time. My high school was right next to a mall so... you do the math. XD The library was available, I suppose, but I don't know anyone who ever used it save for studying in a quiet place the day of their exams. :/

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    In my High School, a student is offered a Study Hall period every year that they attend. They may choose to have a different class if they so wish. However, you don't have to spend your Study Hall hour in the cafeteria. If you're a slightly smart kid, you can T.A. for one of your teacher's or do various other programs.

Me, I do have a Study Hall. But, I spend it as a Freshman Mentor. It's basically just a Study Hall for Freshman that are, shall we say, academically challenged? I think it will look good on a college resume.

We used to be able to go to the Library during lunch, however; they recently put a stop to that.

Miyukii

ShweetyパイPopzz♥
    Years
    Hi everyone! How is everyone on this fine evening? I feel like nicking some of my Mum's Roses chocs right now. Mmm...I love the feeling of the Summer holidays.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Hi everyone! How is everyone on this fine evening? I feel like nicking some of my Mum's Roses chocs right now. Mmm...I love the feeling of the Summer holidays.

Nice of you saying that but (hope I'm not messing up doing the Mods job >_<), next time try to stay on topic with everyone else here.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I think the reason my school doesn't have a spare period for study hall is because we have only 4 classes a day, and alternate classes every day. Red days would be one set of classes, Black days would be another (those are my school's colors). But yeah, there's also the free period available if you already have all your credits. I hope I get mine in the morning so I can sleep in. =_=

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    What freshmen aren't? XD They kinda go together

I would have to agree with you on that... Though I suppose there are some mature one's out there. :)

I think the reason my school doesn't have a spare period for study hall is because we have only 4 classes a day, and alternate classes every day. Red days would be one set of classes, Black days would be another (those are my school's colors). But yeah, there's also the free period available if you already have all your credits. I hope I get mine in the morning so I can sleep in. =_=
    Isn't that called "Block Schedule"? My school considered switching over to that style. I suppose it would make Study Hall obsolete. As of the current moment, we have 7 periods a day... and they all give homework every night. But, that's what I get for signing up for advanced placement classes. :\

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, we have a study hall that we can go to after school or during break, but no one does.

Nice of you saying that but (hope I'm not messing up doing the Mods job >_<), next time try to stay on topic with everyone else here.

Chill. She's a new member and deserves a chance, not to have her head bitten off by someone who mini-mods. I mean, it's okay to have a moderator enforce the rules when you break them for the first time, but for a normal member to act like he is above another, yeah, that's going to leave a great first impression.

Well, it's actually morning right now, but I'm doing fine. Just typing away aimlessly for no real reason while I contemplate swimming in the poll that is about twenty yards away from me.

Years

Four classes? Lucky you.

I have 5 and 6 on Mondays.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back