• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I'd never go to a private school, due to the fact that it sounds stricter then public schooling. Well the ones here are, from what I've heard from people.

Plus, it's really expensive. My friend goes to one and he has to pay a grand every term, so that's like 4 grand for a year. D:

I could buy games or something with that 4 grand. XD;

But my parents were going to send me to a private school, except cost got in the way.

Which is a good thing, because I like the friends I have now. ^^

Zet

Years
    I went to a private primary school, it was a dump, even a public school looked better, i was happy that i went to a public high school and even now that primary school looks like a dump

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I go to a Catholic school... the only difference between that and a public school, really, is the "Religious enrichment." We've learned nothing in Religion class, seriously. :x

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I go to Catholic school and the difference is much more than a Catholic education. The public schools where I live are just about grade D schools. There are tons of fights and drugs and other things that really shouldn't go on at school. I don't see as much of that in the school I'm at now. Also, we have uniforms.<3

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I go to a public school. I would rather have gone to private school as all the public schools I have been to has messed up my education with bad teachers and really bad students.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I haven't learned a thing about Religion this year, but some of it's also due to the fact that the teacher's really crazy, and not very good at all. :x

@Chibi: I agree with you there, but I've had classes that mirrored those of a public school as well.
    The uniforms are okay~ XD;

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I love uniforms! You never have to decide what to wear in the morning!
    Just the same plaid every day :D
    And wow! Everyone else is in the plaid trend at school too!
    ~<3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I like that aspect of uniforms~ <3 No more deciding what to wear in the mornings!
    Although I wish my uniform was slightly more attractive, although I guess that would defeat the purpose of having them in the first place. xD; They're meant to make everyone look the same, not to beautify everyone, I guess.

:D

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I agree. Back when I was in school I hated my uniform...
    But now that I'm in university, I'm stuck with having to decide what to wear every morning. My closet is getting very messy because of this.. I'm not very neat ^^

Now I see my old uniform and wish I could wear it one more time :P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Oh, I miss so much the uniforms...
    Nowadays i have to wake up at least 10 minutes sooner to choose the clothes I'll be using :x
    I don't understand how can most of the people hate them.

Plus, I wouldn't have to wear that sweater I hate and my mother insist me to wear at least once per week X_X

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I like uniforms in school. But i wouldn't like to wear what the younger years wear.

When I started at my school it was shirt, tie and blazer. Now it is a t-shirt and jumper. So glad I started 6 form that year so I get to wear a shirt still. Don't have to wear a tie any more. I still do on the odd occasion.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If I did only wear uniform at my school... when you oversleep (very often...) it's a hell trying to find a decent set of clothes for the day XD

And in uniforms, there are other ways of showing your personality, like with hairstyles, necklaces and stuff.... right?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    It is mainly the girls in my school that would change the uniforms. They would wear there ties stupidly short. They would have contests to see who could make it the shortest and wear loads of jewellery and things. I think that is another reason they swapped the uniform.

Twinx

Years
    Girls at my school would make their skirts short... really short... XD The nuns just go crazy trying to do something about it xD

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
    Girls at my school would make their skirts short... really short... XD The nuns just go crazy trying to do something about it xD

Nuns? Was it a catholic school?

Anyways, when I was growing up in Mexico, our uniform was a polo shirt (Blue, Navy or black) and dress pants (Black or navy blue)
    It was a nice uniform, but then, when I came to the us, and most schools I went to had no uniforms, I felt weird, like part of me was missing.

Twinx

Years
    Black_Wolf, yep it was a catholic school but it wasn't very strict..
    I used to wear blue jeans with my uniform and no one would care ^^

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
    Black_Wolf, yep it was a catholic school but it wasn't very strict..
    I used to wear blue jeans with my uniform and no one would care ^^

A Catholic school that wasn't strict...What has the world come to. The catholic school i went to was harsh, it was actually meaner that boot camp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back