• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

It just needed to be posted here.

Years
    • Seen today
    What kind of careers are there in Media? I mean I want to pursue Photography but also maybe something in filmography/
    There are tons of careers in media, and you would be surprised just how broad of a skill set you need to have. Say you want to be a TV reporter, you often need to have photography, video, and mad English skills because a lo of stations are cutting costs by making reporters put together their own packages.

I have tried that, and he called me sassy. I mean I get him calling me that when I suggested we play Pokemon Snap but with taking a picture of a seagull at the beach...
    Your teacher sounds like a major d-bag. Mine didn't care what we took pictures of, even if it was something he disliked, as long as we could competently present why we thought it was a decent subject, he would be okay with it. (lord knows that's how I got my final project about a rubber duck river race to work)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm still iffy about what I want to major in. I know that its going to be something in biology, maybe marine biology or ecology. As long as I get to work with animals, I'm fine.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I'm still iffy about what I want to major in. I know that its going to be something in biology, maybe marine biology or ecology. As long as I get to work with animals, I'm fine.

I used to want to be a biologist. But now I want to be an eye doctor. Or something with computers and/or video games. But I'm 12 so I have plenty of time to think about it.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I wish I was 12 again, without a care in the world and when my grades didn't matter. D:

Well I'm still expected to have good grades. Sometimes I wish I wasn't in the advance class because everyone expects you to get all A's (luckily I can manage) and do algebra in 7th grade.

The school is thinking my class are all geniuses or something so they've been doing a whole bunch of tests to see if we could do high school algebra in seventh grade. We've been doing a type of pre-algebra since third grade. The advance class always does algebra in 8th, but in 7th. I dunno. But I do like algebra more than normal math. It's a lot more fun and I have a motivation to do it. Unlike basic math where I draw on my papers instead of working. we had a really basic test on adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing positive and negative numbers and I didn't finish until there was only 10 minutes left because I kept getting bored.

[/rant]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    My parents were on top of me to get good grades too. I was kinda ticked to hear that elementary and Jr. high grades don't count for anything. So much for my 4.5 GPA throughout them >:I

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    My parents were on top of me to get good grades too. I was kinda ticked to hear that elementary and Jr. high grades don't count for anything. So much for my 4.5 GPA throughout them >:I

They don't. Wowee. But I still can't start slacking because I've already set too high of standards for myself. The teachers and my dad will be all like "y j00 acting su stuupid"

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I can honestly say that I feel pretty terrible for the people with parents who push them so hard to good grades. Mine never cared in the slightest lol, and that suited me just fine.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    My family shows off their kids, they're always like 'My kid graduated college and was the in the top 10%' and the other would say, '10%? That's nothing mine graduated at the top 5%' and now my parents are waiting for me :x

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    My family shows off their kids, they're always like 'My kid graduated college and was the in the top 10%' and the other would say, '10%? That's nothing mine graduated at the top 5%' and now my parents are waiting for me :x

That's not really how it is with me but if I would start slacking he would start saying I'm not being grateful for my gifted abilities if I'm not using them to my full potential.

Nihilego

Years
    I mean no disrespect to your family here but if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that kids are pushed a long way so that the parents can show them off like trophies? I find that morally wrong, tbh. =/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

That's not really how it is with me but if I would start slacking he would start saying I'm not being grateful for my gifted abilities if I'm not using them to my full potential.
    That's how my mom acts. She's like I came to America to let you guys have good futures and this is how you repay me! :x

It really annoys me, I mean I know they care, but just back off a bit :x

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

That's how my mom acts. She's like I came to America to let you guys have good futures and this is how you repay me! :x

It really annoys me, I mean I they care, but just back off a bit :x

wut...

But I understand. I wish I could just not have good grades every once in a while and then go back to life how it was before I did that.

We own this thread. >:P

One annoying kid I have dealt with since first grade will get expelled if he gets one more blue slip on his record this year. I'm hoping. The way he acted today I won't be surprised if he gets expelled before the end of the year. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

wut...

But I understand. I wish I could just not have good grades every once in a while and then go back to life how it was before I did that.

We own this thread. >:P

One annoying kid I have dealt with since first grade will get expelled if he gets one more blue slip on his record this year. I'm hoping. The way he acted today I won't be surprised if he gets expelled before the end of the year. :D
    *adds know in*

I mean I was really motivated back then, but now, I'm less motivated, I still push myself, but not as much really. Expelled for what? Every week a kid gets expelled from my school :x

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

*adds know in*

I mean I was really motivated back then, but now, I'm less motivated, I still push myself, but not as much really. Expelled for what? Every week a kid gets expelled from my school :x

:O every week. Well since I'm in 6th grade it doesn't happen much. Infact I don't remember it ever happening. (All I remeber is the kids in the behavoir class get pulled out of the room and our teachers telling us not to go outside because they might hurt us...) But in my school you get these blue slips when you're bad. You get a warning then a written warning and when you get 3 written you get a blue slip(but you can automatically get a blue slip). But when you get so many you get suspended and when you get like 20 or 30 you get expelled. I only have like one from a few warnings here and there but yeeaahh..

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

:O every week. Well since I'm in 6th grade it doesn't happen much. Infact I don't remember it ever happening. (All I remeber is the kids in the behavoir class get pulled out of the room and our teachers telling us not to go outside because they might hurt us...) But in my school you get these blue slips when you're bad. You get a warning then a written warning and when you get 3 written you get a blue slip(but you can automatically get a blue slip). But when you get so many you get suspended and when you get like 20 or 30 you get expelled. I only have like one from a few warnings here and there but yeeaahh..
    Ohh.

I've never had a detention in my life, in elementary school I had suspension and expulsion threats, but I never actually got disciplined. Same with jr. high (for fighting), but so far, no warnings in high school :D

Nihilego

Years
    I don't get how you can be that perfect lol.

Then again I've been expelled from a school before and suspended a couple of times so I can't talk. x)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Nobody really suspects a innocent, nerdy Indian kid to do anything. I didn't even get in trouble when I was in 5th grade and I asked to beat up another kid XD

But now, people say I'm more prone to attack now, but I'm not :x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back