• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I would have done the same thing, which is why I didn't even bother paying. Of course, it didn't really help that for Senior year when I decided that I guess I should go, a band Competition landed on the same day so I ended up not going anyways.

Feh. Whatev. Guess I was less boring than you now that I think about it, since I had Band. However, it's not good to put yourself down like that.
    I know. I'm trying to think positive things now on. I'm actually thinking about taking anti depressants. Seeing as some days I feel like killing myself :/ Maybe going to a therapist is a good idea?

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Sorry to possibly change topics, but...

I believe I must saw a high speed chase in progress. I'm at the bus stop and a car came speeding out of the side road, smashing another woman's car into the traffic light pole. I then saw over the course of a minute after and now, 10 police cars going equally fast in that direction and (Possibly unrelated) Ambulances and Fire Trucks heading in the opposite direction during this time. This is insane. >_>

First I witness a fire outside my home and this. I usually never get to see this **** in person/during.

Listening to someone else's conversation, explaining in further detail, if I heard correctly, there was a shooting beforehand which started the chase or something along those lines.

And I just saw another police car without a siren pass by.

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I didn't go to prom. I think I was the only one in my grade who didn't. Waste of time for me. =/

Iris

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    I didn't go to prom either, but that was because of a medical reason that affected my life for a good one or two months. If I didn't have that in the way, I would've gone to my last high school prom with my friends for a good time. Till this day I'm actually still kind of bummed that this had to happen, but it didn't bother me as much as it did in the past. :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    We were forbidden from calling our prom a 'Prom': it was too American, apparently, so all of the literature about it had to refer to it as a 'Leavers' Ball'. It was fine, for the most part... but nothing crazy and/or wild happened. Some people rented limos and went all black-tie for the occasion, but I just got my parents to drop me off with some friends, and ended up wearing a suit in the end. Can't really stand black tie, and avoid it whenever possible: don't want to look too much like a penguin!

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years

I'm not really desperate, but I'd be interested in something similar to the Mortal Instruments. :o
    I know this was from a few days ago, but when I clicked on the thread it was the first thing I read. That was a good series! Have you read the newest book yet?

I didn't go to prom. I think I was the only one in my grade who didn't. Waste of time for me. =/
    There were a few people in my year that didn't go -- I would have gone but they wouldn't allow students from outside the school to attend, so it would have been a waste of time for me. The preparation for the ball itself was pretty abysmal though. The so-called 'committee' that was supposed to be organising it didn't start until late in the final term, and the venue turned out to be some low star hotel, as opposed the near 4 stars that was advertised in the September before.

I'm most likely not going to my high school prom. There's many personal reasons to that, but one of them is that not only is it too expensive for the most part($120 I think), people are also renting limos to actually make it to prom in style, which adds up to more money, and then some thers are spending hundreds and hundreds on fancy prom dresses and suits. Add on food and drinks to that, and well...you can see why I'm not going. :D;

Factor in the senior end of the year field trip($120) and well...yeah. >> Some people paid like $400 to actually enjoy their senior year at my school(which in my opinion is pretty much a waste because senior activities keep getting shortened and whatnot for various lame reasons). I'm just glad I'm not one of them. .___.; At first, I had this massive fear of being left out, so I really wanted to pay for stuff like prom, etc, but I realized that there's more important things to spend that kind of money on. What am I really going to do at prom anyway?

So yeah, by asking myself all of these questions, I'm just not going to bother with my high school anymore other than just getting graduation over with and that's that.
    $120 is hugely expensive. I know the town I'm in right now in CT is only requesting $60 for the venue/meal, and they are offering a $5 per person bus to get to the restaurant. Of course, there's always going to be the couples that have to have the limo and the $1000 dress.
    We were forbidden from calling our prom a 'Prom': it was too American, apparently, so all of the literature about it had to refer to it as a 'Leavers' Ball'. It was fine, for the most part... but nothing crazy and/or wild happened. Some people rented limos and went all black-tie for the occasion, but I just got my parents to drop me off with some friends, and ended up wearing a suit in the end. Can't really stand black tie, and avoid it whenever possible: don't want to look too much like a penguin!
    Likewise! No mention of the word "prom" allowed. "Leavers' Ball" only. Penguins are fairly cool though...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Likewise! No mention of the word "prom" allowed. "Leavers' Ball" only. Penguins are fairly cool though...

Oh yeah, love penguins! I just don't like black tie in general. Everyone ends up looking the same which really bothers me for some reason. Maybe it's just because I want some sort of choice in what I wear, even if it is to a formal occasion.

Our uni mascot is a penguin (well, that and a beaver), so I think penguins are really cool. Shame they can't fly, though!

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Oh yeah, love penguins! I just don't like black tie in general. Everyone ends up looking the same which really bothers me for some reason. Maybe it's just because I want some sort of choice in what I wear, even if it is to a formal occasion.

Our uni mascot is a penguin (well, that and a beaver), so I think penguins are really cool. Shame they can't fly, though!
    I've only had to wear black tie once, but it was pretty fun to be dressed up like that for the evening. It's definitely not something I'd want to be wearing on a regular basis. Do like suits though. At least you have a choice in the colour shirt and tie!

My uni mascot is a blue devil, which would eat your penguin any day. Ha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I like to dress up ocassionally, if it's for an important event. I like to show off my formal wear :) I don't recall being to any black-tie event ever, though (closest thing would be prom, I guess?)

Penguins are awesome and they could slaughter our school mascot (which I refuse to name lol)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Technically our official mascot is only the beaver, but the penguin became a de facto mascot two years ago when a statue of a penguin (called, so imaginatively, 'The Penguin') was stolen by a bunch of drunk kids from King's College London. A new penguin statue was donated a few months later by a wealthy alumna, but it wasn't the same. To this day, the original statue hasn't been found... RIP Penguin Mach I.

With regards to black tie. It's not the dressing up that I have the issue with, rather being pigeon-holed into just wearing one type of nice clothing. At least women get to choose the colour of their dresses and wear special jewellery and stuff. (Well, nothing stopping me from wearing the nice jewellery but where would I show it off?)

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    How dreadful! A similar situation happened at a local secondary school a few years back. They somehow managed to remove the seal of the school from the gate and it disappeared for a few weeks. They offered a £500 reward, and mysteriously it was "found" and returned.

What is stopping you from wearing the pretty coloured dresses either? Nothing!

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I've never had anyone in highschool steal or defile our mascot (more than likely because it's too lame XD)

I always liked going to homecomming more than prom. Homecomming wasn't as expensive, more people went, and you could leave and actually find a decent restraunt open!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I've never had anyone in highschool steal or defile our mascot (more than likely because it's too lame XD)

I always liked going to homecomming more than prom. Homecomming wasn't as expensive, more people went, and you could leave and actually find a decent restraunt open!

At my last school, our rival school stole a mini-statue of our mascot, so the next year during our homecoming game with them, we brought out their mascot that we made out of wood and stuff and set it on fire.

Rivalry <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm fine with dresses, but for the most part they have to be a longer dress. I dislike short dresses, but I have worn them a few times. :x

These days whenever I think of someone in a suit or in a fancy dress, my mind goes straight to my usertitle. Right now I'm imagining all of you in a suit all sophisticated and acting like idiots. |D;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back