• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Did I say having three films or a series adds value to a movie? I just prefer an extended series to a single movie for the most part. Not to say I don't like stand alone movies. Although some movies sequels are just not needed and does no justice to the first movie. Same with Anime. Like Darker Than Black.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    The only movies I like are horror films. I love being scared! Well, not really, but I love the fact I can sit through any horror film and laugh my head off. I'm more fond of Japanese/Korean horror films though.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    I really liked the first Paranormal Activity. xD;
    The second one felt quite dull, though. I mean, nothing really happens in the movie. You're usually just watching rooms, expecting something to happen. :/

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I tend to never watch horror movies. I'd almost always rather watch something more light-hearted, whether it's animated or just a rom-com.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Horror movies..

I love them, yet they make me paranoid, so I've learned not to watch them.

Except for those funny Asian ones.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So if we watched one together, I wouldn't be the only one wanting to light up the house like a Christmas tree afterwards? /shot

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Haha I'd be turning on the all the lights in my house even 3 weeks after I'd watch the movie. That's what happened to me when I watched "The Ring"... got so paranoid afterwards

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I prefer comedy movies, and fantasy movies, and Harry Potter movies. xD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The Japanese version of The Ring made me laugh so hard at some points, but the American one did creep me out. I usually have the same reaction. Lighting the house up for weeks afterwards. orz

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I've never seen either Paranormal Activity movie. They didn't seem all that interesting to me.

Keep it that way. The first is one of the most overrated movie I've seen in a while. Granted, I don't get scared in horror movies, but still, there are so many better ones out there.

LOTR is gold. One of the best trilogies there is, in my opinion.

Definitely, though the books are better.~

Except for those funny Asian ones.

I've been watching J-horror and K-horror for years, and have not encountered a single one that is funny. Do you mean "so-bad-it's-good"?

Funny horror: Jeepers Creepers (I laughed until I cried, literally), Texas Chainsaw Massacre (later versions), Eight-Legged Freak, Empire of the Ants.

So funny you will die from laughter: Dead End. Could be a VERY black comedy in disguise.

The Japanese version of The Ring made me laugh so hard at some points, but the American one did creep me out. I usually have the same reaction. Lighting the house up for weeks afterwards. orz

Wow, that's rare... most people I know are more freaked out by the Asian originals than the ****** U.S. remakes. However, U.S.' one is probably the best Japanese-to-Western horror adaptation I have seen. If you've seen the U.S. version of The Grudge, you'd know what I mean... but I guess it's all subjective.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

I actually read of The Ring before I watched the movie.. I musta been like 12 or something but I wasn't even able to finish reading it XD

My mom thought I was weird when I was younger because when I'd watched a scary movie then turn on all the lights in the house I'd turn the bathroom and toilet lights on.. then she'd yell at me for being a power waster XD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I can't stand horror movies. I usually like sci-fi/fantasy, comedy or drama... yeah OK, pretty much anything but horror.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Did I say having three films or a series adds value to a movie? I just prefer an extended series to a single movie for the most part. Not to say I don't like stand alone movies. Although some movies sequels are just not needed and does no justice to the first movie. Same with Anime. Like Darker Than Black.
    No, I mean as opposed to two or four or five or eight films. Your wording was oddly specific is all. Don't mind me XD

Years
    I love horror movies. They are just awesome, but it does take a lot to scare me. A lot of people said the paranormal activity films were scary, but I didn't think they were at all. :/​

Seungri

Victory 승리
    Years
    It's hard to find a good horror movie these days. I don't mean horror like the 'Saw' movies, because they weren't scary, they were just bloody. Really bloody. :/

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    I love horror movies. They are just awesome, but it does take a lot to scare me. A lot of people said the paranormal activity films were scary, but I didn't think they were at all. :/​

Oh, same here actually. xDD;;
    With the first paranormal film, while my cousins were getting scared as heck, I was actually laughing throughout it, for some reason. xD;
    When the girl started rocking back and forth, I imitated her to shake my cousins up a little. Haha. Good times. xD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back