• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

They do have a say in it, but I think they shouldn't completely control what you do with your money, especially when the money is hard earned. Besides, people know the consequences of it, so there shouldn't be anything to fear, whether people think it's useless or not.

Ewwww. That sounds awful. Click my eggs for cookies.

They should and they shouldn't :/ Like if you wanted total and complete control.. then.. you'd be having to pay for food, rent, transportation, cable, internet, electricity, hydro bills.. all of that.
    And yeah.. so even though your money is hard earned.. so is theirs.. and they're paying for all of this for you.
    I know people who've booted their (adopted) kid out as soon as she turned 18. Yeah it was rough for her, but she's getting by well now.

I dunno. There's two sides of this debate, too. Because if you earn the money, you have a right to spend it..
    But I still dunno.

Do they control your banking? Like do you have a spending account? Are you allowed to use a debit card? Or only cash? Cause that could be it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    They should and they shouldn't :/ Like if you wanted total and complete control.. then.. you'd be having to pay for food, rent, transportation, cable, internet, electricity, hydro bills.. all of that.
    And yeah.. so even though your money is hard earned.. so is theirs.. and they're paying for all of this for you.
    I know people who've booted their (adopted) kid out as soon as she turned 18. Yeah it was rough for her, but she's getting by well now.

I dunno. There's two sides of this debate, too. Because if you earn the money, you have a right to spend it..
    But I still dunno.

Do they control your banking? Like do you have a spending account? Are you allowed to use a debit card? Or only cash? Cause that could be it.

I get cash from my friends. There isn't a point in your parents giving you money if you can only spend it on certain stuff. I'd get if they persuaded you, but otherwise forcing is a big no-no. Money is supposed to be used, not shown for gloating.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

I get cash from my friends. There isn't a point in your parents giving you money if you can only spend it on certain stuff. I'd get if they persuaded you, but otherwise forcing is a big no-no. Money is supposed to be used, not shown for gloating.

Cash from your friends? o_o? For doing what?

My parents give me money if I ever need it for anything if they see fit (If I'm going out with a cousin to see a movie mom'll give me money to treat us both.) Otherwise I like to use my better judgement. I want to save for a car or even a place once I graduate.. so that's what I'm doing. So.. I dunno what you mean by persuading anything..

And I mean they control your banking like.. so maybe that's why they're unsure of you using your card over the net?

woah...i just had some yougurt, and it looked like it had breasts...

o.o
    :/ SOMEONE'S going through puberty.. or either very.. perverted..
    Rule 34?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah but if I were them.. I wouldn't see the point in it either.. :/ Like 5-10 bucks just to get a username a different colour? :/ I dunno.. seems pretty pointless to me, even if it is only $5.
    :/ You can buy a lot of stuff for $5.

Dude, as soon as I get out of the house and can do my own stuff, I'm totally becoming a supporter. As for now, I have to wait til my birthday, Christmas, and smaller holidays to get money. My job is only part time and it runs in November til Christmas is over. I make an arse load of money, though.

o.o breasted yogurts.... hmm. never encountered it before. I bet that must have been some trip

That reminds me. I should totally make a theme with a hot chick. I really should. Lady Gaga's avatar sure looks delicious.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Dude, as soon as I get out of the house and can do my own stuff, I'm totally becoming a supporter. As for now, I have to wait til my birthday, Christmas, and smaller holidays to get money. My job is only part time and it runs in November til Christmas is over. I make an arse load of money, though.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

That seems like a cool plan <3
    And that's cool! I can't work during the school year because my program is just too demanding ;_;.. but during the summer I work :3
    Next year I have co-op though ;___;.. S'gonna be scaryy.. new experience .__.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I don't think going behind your parents' backs to donate to PC is any more right than them dictating what you can and can't do with it, but hey.

I'm 20 now, I live at home, I have a full-time job and I pay rent to my parents. They don't control what I spend my money on, but they will express their feelings about what I choose to spend it on, and I respect their opinions because they're the people that taught me the value of money (and they taught me it really, really well).

When I was growing up, I wasn't spoilt, and I wasn't given a lot of pocket money. They taught me to save it for more expensive things (like some of the video games I bought) rather than spending it away on, I dunno, what do normal people piddle money away on?

I can see why parents don't like the idea of us spending money on PC. It's intangible and they don't see the benefits (especially because they probably think we're wasting time on it in the first place.

I like to know I'm supporting the place because I come here every day, but I'm not all that bothered by the presence of blogs or the VIP forum, or much else that came with it.

I'm mostly a supporter because Get Innocuous! asked me to do his via my PayPal account (he doesn't have one or a widely accepted debit card) and it was kind of spur of the moment for mine, as I'd been considering.

I'm of firm belief, in conclusion, that parents really do have your best interests at heart even though it seems like they only exist to ruin your fun at times. I can't thank mine enough for ruining my fun when I was younger - it made me the financially careful person I am today.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Ok ok, I'll give you $10 each for them! NAO!

YOU GOT IT DUDE :D

Here you go. That'll be $160 please.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Cash from your friends? o_o? For doing what?

My parents give me money if I ever need it for anything if they see fit (If I'm going out with a cousin to see a movie mom'll give me money to treat us both.) Otherwise I like to use my better judgement. I want to save for a car or even a place once I graduate.. so that's what I'm doing. So.. I dunno what you mean by persuading anything..

And I mean they control your banking like.. so maybe that's why they're unsure of you using your card over the net?

I sell my friends stuff, kinda like the black market. And one of my friends always has money he doesn't need, so he just gives random people it. I don't know why o_0

As for the banking account, I don't have one. I only have cash.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back