• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    What the heck. XDD

My sister's lesbian. :3
    My sister is a lesbian, too! *High Fives*
    Oh we read a text in class on a lesbian looking at a naked woman and loving trees or something, but backing away because she didn't want to go any further because of the ridicule she'd recieve. Life must've sucked back then.
    Poor gal :/
    Sounds like an interesting text though :O
    Lol, most of the teachers that had taught my older sister in my old school used to call me my sisters name, I don't understand why, we are nothing a like, but they did XD, then I was really glad in my last grade in that school before I graduated most of my teachers told me I was way smarter then my sister and my grades were way higher, so I'm the smart nice one,,,, my sister was hated by most off her teachers, one of her teachers took it out on my while my sister was still in the school, my sister heard me say that after he threw me out off class for saying his answer was wrong, he said "So your gonna be trouble like your sister.", then one time he accused me off cheating on a test just because my sister did it, well anyway she stormed into the class room were he was and yelled at him, and she slapped him, but he didn't stop after that, it ended with my mom coming there (she's a teacher at another school, so she knew that he was breaking rules by the way he was acting), she went to the vice principle that called that teacher in, they both yelled at him for 30 minutes, then they called in MY teacher (The one that's suppose to handle my attendance grade and do teacher interviews with, teacher is "Kennari" in Icelandic, and she was to me that is called "Umsjónarkennari", umsjón is managing, so I can't translate), she had notice this, she yelled at him, then when he left she filed a complaint to about him, because he was mean and rude to her in the Coffey lounge, he got fired because he acted like that to other students and teachers.

And after my sister left the older students asked if they could call me "Her name junior", I always said no:)
    It's different for you to be called by her name because you're both girls. I'm a boy...getiing called by sister's name... ._.
    What a horrible teacher! D: I had a teacher kind of like that.
    So erm

Why are we talking about Lesbians

We all know they are all cool :3
    They are cool. But you do know that a real lesbian probably doesn't look like what you're imagining XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Just so I divert from politics, 'cause thats boring...

I read Black Beauty again last night. Overall, I think I had some emotion when Ginger died.

..Who here likes classical books?

Black Beauty is flipping awesome. Especially that line about standing up to oppression whenever you see it.

But as a whole, classical books aren't too fun to read. The language used isn't normally the language you're used to, even if it's still in English, you know what I mean? In a lot of the so-called classics, nothing happens. It's just a load of description and talking.

But there are some exceptions. To Kill A Mockingbird and Huckleberry Finn are well worth reading.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Is it just me, or are there waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many YouTube videos about people getting internet viruses? o.O

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Black Beauty is flipping awesome. Especially that line about standing up to oppression whenever you see it.

But as a whole, classical books aren't too fun to read. The language used isn't normally the language you're used to, even if it's still in English, you know what I mean? In a lot of the so-called classics, nothing happens. It's just a load of description and talking.

But there are some exceptions. To Kill A Mockingbird and Huckleberry Finn are well worth reading.

@TheBold: I tried to put together a portfolio; but it was difficult because of the revolution! The oppression! And the line at Kinkos!

You want to know what's worse to read than classics? Ancients. The Odyssey was the most annoying piece of literature that ever existed. -_-

I loved To Kill a Mockingbird! Unfortunately this really annoying girl ruined the ending for me. I was sitting there reading it, and this evil girl looks over and says "Oh my gGod! It's so sad at the end when --" T-T

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    @TheBold: I tried to put together a portfolio; but it was difficult because of the revolution! The oppression! And the line at Kinkos!

You want to know what's worse to read than classics? Ancients. The Odyssey was the most annoying piece of literature that ever existed. -_-

I loved To Kill a Mockingbird! Unfortunately this really annoying girl ruined the ending for me. I was sitting there reading it, and this evil girl looks over and says "Oh my gGod! It's so sad at the end when --" T-T
    I usually get annoyed at classics, especially Shakespeare.

Though I did read Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea for a book report in grade 12, and I have to say that it was magnificent. ^_^

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

That's okay when you take into account that my teacher told us what happened at the end before we started reading the book. I swear he lives in his own little world or something, because half the time he doesn't think he's teaching us.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    Oh, To Kill a Mockingbird is a classic! One of my personal faves when it comes to classics, actually. Though I couldn't stand it earlier in 8th grade. Then we had to read it in 9th grade before I moved, and I liked it a lot more XD 'Tis a really good book (and I still have my copy the school let me borrow XD).

It caught my interest in 7th grade, though, since my *Advanced* Reading teacher showed us an example of some sort of essay, and it was about TKAM, which I think her daughter composed or something like that...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Heh, I read TKAM, and to be honest, I didn't like it. XD

The only books I read for school that I liked were the aforementioned Leagues, and The Chrysalids, which my English class read in grade 9. I actually read ahead in that one. ^_^

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    I read ahead despite the book XD Except for "The Metamorphoses of Ovid", which I only read snippets of... And if I like the book, and it's part of a series, I usually try and read the rest of the series XD

But, nothing compares to comics (whether they're the "funnies" or if they're actual graphic novels), and the same goes with manga. I dunno, I just like reading when I can actually see the characters. I know it ruins imagination, but still... XD

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    My class just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird.
    It's alright, I must admit. But it's not one of my favorite books.

I loved the movie though. Gregory Peck did a superb job playing the role of Atticus.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Speaking of reading in school, I have fond memories of the book "Of Mice and Men". I remember being a few chapters ahead of my class, which was particularly strange for me as i often skipped English class and was normally a troublesome student, I guess it just goes to show if you teach something interesting, even instigators of trouble can easily be taught.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Animorphs is cool. I remember reading a lot of them, though not in order.

I'm not a yeerk, but I make no promises that I'm not an andalite.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I didn't even know there was a show for that. I wasn't much into the book series either; I vastly preferred the works of H.G. Wells, John Steinbeck, and Tom Clancy over it.

Years
    Dude, I always wanted to watch the show, yet never got a chance to. I think it's a bit too late for me to do that anyhow. ._.

Like centipedes though 10 times larger? Hard to imagine that. And I'd hate to imagine the whole process where they stick your head in the Yeerk poll and then the slug flattens itself to go into your ear and stuff. XD wow.

LOL. I was late on "Getting into the book"
    I started reading it on 2002 in Canada. And I borrowed a VHS of the show from the library in 2005. =D

Good Stuff.

Yeah the concept of Yeerks itself is scary enough for myself. XDDD

Years
    However I think it's the characters themselves that makes the series so interesting for me. Like if you read books narrated by Ax, Marco and Tobias and (I think) Jake, you would see that their descriptions and views on certain things are like, so vivid. The book has imagery like no other. o_o; When they morph, they describe like almost every process of morphing.

The battles are really interesting also, especially when they're with Visser Three. XD The ol big baddy behind the Earth attacks. I'm personally looking forward to who kills him. And don't spoil it for me, because I will eventually find out as I read the book anyway. :[

I have the final book (#54) and...

Spoiler:

But the ending itself is sooo...
    Spoiler:

Now that you say it, yeah, the book is very descriptive is it not? Like Pendragon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back