• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    That movie could very well predict the future.
    xD
    Canada's armed forces are formidable in their own right, yes, but they'd be utterly steamrolled by even a semi-dedicated American offensive. Eighty CF-18 Hornets, one hundred Leopard 2s (eighty 2A4s and twenty 2A6s), a dozen Halifax class frigates, and three Iroquois class destroyers simply wouldn't be enough for the Canadians to hold off the might of the United States' own military.

Besides, what reason would the United States and Canada have to go to war with each other?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    No reason. Thats why it's a movie.

Canada's armed forces are formidable in their own right, yes, but they'd be utterly steamrolled by even a semi-dedicated American offensive. Eighty CF-18 Hornets, one hundred Leopard 2s (eighty 2A4s and twenty 2A6s), a dozen Halifax class frigates, and three Iroquois class destroyers simply wouldn't be enough for the Canadians to hold off the might of the United States' own military.
    Canada doesn't have a single chance unless the UK helps for reasons unknown.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    This is the plot summary from Wikipedia:

A U.S. president (Alan Alda), faced with falling public opinion ratings due to the closure of cold war defense industries, decides to go to war to distract voters from domestic troubles and invigorate the economy. Aiding him in this plan is his National Security Advisor Stuart Smiley (Kevin Pollak) and General Dick Panzer (Rip Torn). The problem with this plan is that, with the demise of the Soviet Union, there's no one left to go to war with. But some brainstorming by Smiley leads to an attempt to start a cold war with Canada, using media manipulation as the main tool to stoke the passions of the US public. Unfortunately, a local sheriff, Bud B. Boomer (John Candy), in Niagara Falls along the US/Canada border, takes it a bit further.

The circumstances sound a bit familiar...

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I've been to Canada \o/ Only for about 6 hours, but it still counts! I went to an anime convention, and from what I saw (airport, convention hall, and a hotel with convention stuff in it) it was pretty nice. It's so flat though omg @____@ No mountains anyyyywhere near where I was.

I have unlimited texting and unlimited data, and I definitely use data more XD; I'm on my apps all the time.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I went to Canada once, but only because I have relatives there.
    All I did was visit the CN Tower, which was awesome.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I've been to Canada for a few youth hockey trips and my family has been to Montreal for a weekend. We went to see the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto <3

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Anyone here eat fast food?

Burger King > Wendy's > McDonalds

I usually go to Wendy's instead because it's two blocks from my house.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I've given up on fast food. Nowadays I just eat at home, or at school.
    Burger King is my favorite out of the ones listed though.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My uncle's in the RCMP. :[ Unfortunately he doesn't wear the uniform... ever. Just for formal events or something, but it's still pretty cool.
    Really? That's cool.

A war between Canada and America. Hmm....I think we would have to make it a little more interesting.

We challenge you to a Crashed Ice competition.

Stormfur

Pikachu, Beginning Trainer
    Years
    ...,...how do u barly eat!?

I hardly eat anything, unfortunately. Somehow, I just developed less and less of a taste for food for some reason. I view it as something that makes me fat or something, and as such I exercise much more than I need to.

My appearance tells you otherwise, but seriously, I don't really even eat that much.

so u dont eat but u exercise ur killing ur body fat,witch it seems u NEED some, r u not eatng cuzz u gata fever!

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    I hardly eat anything, unfortunately. Somehow, I just developed less and less of a taste for food for some reason. I view it as something that makes me fat or something, and as such I exercise much more than I need to.

My appearance tells you otherwise, but seriously, I don't really even eat that much.

I hardly eat anymore also. I used to be a big eater. And I was really chubby x_x
    But, I've turned my life around and I'm working out alot and eating less.

I know I should still keep a healthy diet and all, but food doesn't really appeal to me anymore for some reason.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    I'm just hoping that the both of us will start eating; becoming anorexic is the last thing I want to happen. If anything, I could balance exercise and food, though for me, exercise take priority.

Anorexia isn't a problem for me. I eat about twice a day (I skip breakfast. Don't have time.). It's just not as much as it used to be. I'm not even really hungry when I eat, but I know I have to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back