• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    That's ridiculous.

I've never donated blood before. I'm not even sure what blood type I am. :/

From what I know from my genetics studies, since my mom is O something (recessive) and my dad is A-, my brother and I have to be A+ or A-. Given that my dad is dominant A and not AO or something, otherwise we also have a chance to be O. Type O blood is the recessive type, yet in the US O+ is the most common blood type.

I used to think we were AB, but guess not.

Years
    I know I'm an O+ since I got a letter from the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center saying I had that blood type. I lived most of my life without knowing that. :o

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I have no idea what blood type I am, though I know my dad and I have the same type, while my brother and mother also share the same type. As for what types these are, as I said, I have no idea. XD

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    It's not uncommon to not know, because it's not really information you carry around (well you...technically do since it's your blood but..) nor is it information necessary to put down on any important documents and what not. Paramedics can do a simple test right off the bat if you're in an ambulance or emergency room, so it isn't needed to have it down on every paper work you go through.

But I still want to be sure of my blood type. >:[ Even birth certificates don't list it.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I was wondering, a while back (in the old Chit Chat) we started a conversation about t.A.T.u's name,

Well many of you don't know what band t.A.T.u is so I'm gonna post a vid here,

This video was in the Eurovision Song Contest 2003 it got 3rd place

"To be honest I like the album version better"

Now let's compare it to Iceland's entry in the same contest (Her name is Birgitta Haukdal, she taught me singing in the year 2006 +/-, she got 8th place)

Now tell me which song would you have picked? judged on the LIVE performance.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    I honestly don't feel like watching them right now :/
    But they way you put it, it seems like Brigitta should've done better.

I'll watch them after I get rid of my headache, then I'll judge them.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I have no idea what blood type I am, though I know my dad and I have the same type, while my brother and mother also share the same type. As for what types these are, as I said, I have no idea. XD

I don't know mine either.

I asked my parents, and they didn't know either and told me to go take a blood test. XD;

:x

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    To be honest, I could care less about "reputation" as it applies to this community. You can have all the green blocks you want; all I need is a single gray one.

As for the previous topic of blood type, I tested myself for it in my physiology class; it turns out that I'm B+. Interpret that as you will through the Japanese pop culture theory of blood type and personality; personally, I've always pegged myself as a mix of A, B, and AB traits.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Closer has haxed rep.

There, now there's three people. :P

I guess I do pay attention to reputation a little, though I just started giving it out a lot recently. I haven't gotten much rep myself(note by lone bar, XD), but that which I've got were for interesting things. Though a few weeks ago I got anonymous rep from an anonymous person on an anonymous post saying "Happy Thanksgiving!" XDD

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Rep is a nice feature I suppose...It really doesn't mean a whole lot, just a fun way to show off. I've gotten rep for posts that are in no way deserving of any, although I have been giving it out a lot more as of late. =P

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Though a few weeks ago I got anonymous rep from an anonymous person on an anonymous post saying "Happy Thanksgiving!" XDD
    I actually got the exact same rep. I don't get why it was around a month late (Dec 21st was when I got it).

On the topic of reputation, I like the feature a lot. Sad that most places took them off (For good reasons though).

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Sublime said:
    I only have 32 more points until my second bar (b'-')b
    I have 33. =P

Glion said:
    I actually got the exact same rep. I don't get why it was around a month late (Dec 21st was when I got it).
    Yeah, same date for me. Weird how it doesn't even say which post it was for, heh. And for me it was three months too late, as I'm Canadian. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I always thought if you posted in those holiday threads in the community announcements forum, someone mysteriously repped you. But I wonder why it doesn't specify a thread. It was really weird getting that "Happy Thanksgiving" rep =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back