• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I think 2 is a lot, it is a lot for me anyways. I am also just running XP SP3, I will get Vista when things stop being compatible with XP. At least, things I use anyways.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Yamikarasu;4814263[B said:
    ]I wish I had a laptop, but I'm pretty fine with the computer in my room now anyway. My mom has one, but it's frankly a piece of crap.[/B] I'm getting one as a graduation present for when I go to college, however.
    Exactly the same for me. My moms is actually falling apart. She has a monitor hooked up to it because the screen-part of it fell off..xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I would like a MacBook Air. Those things..are..god..
    ...why? Why would you want to pay that much for such a sub-par computer? There are other lightweight laptops that give you faaar more than the Air for about $1k less. If you don't mind a small screen, just go with a netbook. @_@ I cannot think of a SINGLE beneficial reason to getting a MacBook Air over another kind of computer.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    ...why? Why would you want to pay that much for such a sub-par computer? There are other lightweight laptops that give you faaar more than the Air for about $1k less. If you don't mind a small screen, just go with a netbook. @_@ I cannot think of a SINGLE beneficial reason to getting a MacBook Air over another kind of computer.

It's called 'compensation for lost manhood in a horrible storm where an apple tree hit the specified area'.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years

Macbook Air?...that thing could shatter if one of your hairs falls on the keyboard. My regular MacBook suits me perfectly. I prefer the white to the black (black looks nicer, but just think of how many scratches it gets), the keyboard is clear and clean (and I can do this! ¡™£∞•¶§ºπøˆ¨¥†®´∑ XD), plus all the features like switching the windows, the lightning, the sound quality, and the intense organization that notepad, iCal, Finder, iPhoto, and what not are excellent and way better than the Dell Studio I had for three weeks last summer (it then crashed, got it fixed, then the speakers blew out after having been static-y since I got it.)

An Air is just way too fragile for me, though. XD

Cherrim

Years
    The only reason I can think of to get an Air is just to have a Mac but... but seriously? Just Hackintosh another computer or spend the same amount on a Macbook and a netbook or something for if you really need portable. x_x; I just... I don't understand why you'd want such a subpar computer for so much.

I honest to god think Apple just released it to see if anyone would buy their stuff just for the logo--and they actually got results which is hilarious.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    It looks nice. :| I am purely aesthetic.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Maybe it's just because it looks pretty.

EDIT: Wow, beaten to it. :P

I have a PC now, but I really like the look of Mac's OS. I haven't used it enough to know if it's the right computer for me though. I'm fine with what I've got now.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I want to get a laptop next year because I'm going into IT once I go to college. I was thinking about getting a Sony Vaio.

Cherrim

Years
    It looks nice. :| I am purely aesthetic.
    ...so do other computers. :( It's good to take aesthetics into account but when the price tag is in the thousands... that's when it's good to step back and consider your functionality first.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I have a MacBook Pro. I like Apple. I love Max OS X.

... The MacBook Air I just don't understand. XD Would never buy one.

No FireWire port (so no Target Disk mode feature either), no ethernet port, no line-in, no media card slots. It has one (mono) speaker and no SuperDrive.

I want Apple to actually release a real netbook and not just the novelty of "the world's thinnest notebook". It costs more than the MacBook Pros! It makes absolutely no sense.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I am feeling facepalmed at the moment. Thank you for asking

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm pretty Chill now Ctep and how're you?
    I've finally got my frofile just the way i wanted so i'm happy ^^ Dark and space like xD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yeah, that reminds me I better buff my profile for the Prettoest Profile Contest.

What is a better combination? Red/Black or Yellow/Green?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'm pretty Chill now Ctep and how're you?
    I've finally got my frofile just the way i wanted so i'm happy ^^ Dark and space like xD
    Toothache for no reason. No cavity..:|
    Yeah, that reminds me I better buff my profile for the Prettoest Profile Contest.

What is a better combination? Red/Black or Yellow/Green?
    I cant decide @_@ Red and black is a great combination, looks dark and dangerous. While yellow and green is as well, only it is mellow and peaceful.

Random: My XP desktop looks awesome: https://i39.tinypic.com/2i70d8p.png

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Gee that sucks Ctep!!

ooh prettiest profile contest!!
    Can some kind soul visit my page annd tell me if anything should be changed before i enter?
    I will be very Happy =]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back