• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    I have and always will have a deep love for pokemon. I eventually grow fond of each and every one of them, but some it takes longer than others. (dunsparce, shuckle, slakoth...and magikarp/feebas) I love other stuff, like Metroid and Sonic, along with a few good RPG's here and there. I haven't been one for MMO's and such for some time now though.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    This. I can't decide whether it's the awful looking pokemon(for the most part) or the crappy 3D but I just have no interest in the games right now.

…Of course I'll still probably pre-order the game D:

I just.. don't care. The atrocious looking new Pokemon don't help much. Needless to say I won't be pre-ordering either game XD

Oh, and @Nidokingdra: Sonic is awesome.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I only play PC games :(
    Another classic that is still played by lots of people is the almighty Championship Manager 2001/2002 :D

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I love playing older games, and I'm rather young. I beat the NES metroid over the weekend. :P I haz teh skillz. Still working on beating the original sonic though...so hard...

Eh? Hard? Maybe i've played it too much but I can get through the original Mega Drive (Genesis) Sonic the Hedgehog game in under a couple of hours, emeralds and all.

Marriage on this thread? I find your public sexual behavior inappropriate. (...lol) Alas, I understand. I like some of the older PC games. Maybe just because they were easy.

"Civil partnership me right now" doesn't have the same ring to it.

I don't play it now, but have played all the games in the CM/FM series.

You a fan of the series too? :D

I am indeed. I think FM 06 was the first one I played, and I sort of worked my way backwards. CM 01/02 was beast.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I am indeed. I think FM 06 was the first one I played, and I sort of worked my way backwards. CM 01/02 was beast.

FM10 was the one where I got the awesomest victories :D

And yeah, CM 01/02 was awesome. There were certain legendary players you always had to hire. xD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years

FM10 was the one where I got the awesomest victories :D

And yeah, CM 01/02 was awesome. There were certain legendary players you always had to hire. xD

I had some pretty good times on FM10. I took a team from League One to the Premier League in just 2 seasons. Our first game in the top flight was against Champions Man United away at Old Trafford. We won 2-0.

Gabri

m8
    Years

I had some pretty good times on FM10. I took a team from League One to the Premier League in just 2 seasons. Our first game in the top flight was against Champions Man United away at Old Trafford. We won 2-0.

Yeah me too. I took Bristol City and won the Coca-Cola Championship right in the first season. I'm playing the second season now... We're placed 5th right now, almost in December.

Won 2-1 against Man Utd and 1-0 against Arsenal. Both at home. :D

And I did even better with a mid-classed team from the Portuguese First League.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Genesis/NES/SNES are my forte, in general. But I do like a number of wii games, and I love my DS to death.

I never understood all of the love for the NES games. It was an era when developers knew nothing about developing games and they rarely had good controls (if they weren't turn based RPGs) and plenty of bugs. I say it's good the NES is gone, because the SNES took its place.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Tch...abusing programming bugs is half the fun, and the NES controls, for some games, were rather good. But yes, some were bad. SNES had its downs too, such as the top down stuff on contra 3. As for knowing nothing, I myself believe that today's games are very watered down, made to be beat, not to beat the player, like they were then. I like the challenge.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Not all games are like that. That's what difficulty levels are for. The easier ones are made to be beaten, the hardest ones are made to beat players.
    Well it's late here and I'm going to bed. See y'all later.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Tch...abusing programming bugs is half the fun, and the NES controls, for some games, were rather good. But yes, some were bad. SNES had its downs too, such as the top down stuff on contra 3. As for knowing nothing, I myself believe that today's games are very watered down, made to be beat, not to beat the player, like they were then. I like the challenge.

As much as I like a challenge in a game, I look towards the multiplayer for a challenge. A game can only be so fun until you 100% it.

You should play the Killzone series if you have a PS2/3. I never played online because I came 2 years too late(despite the servers still being up) but the story is a challenge on normal mode.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    My favorite is the Konami code ^^. You can use it on Facebook and Google reader for goodies. Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right B, A. Yes, People abused that code, like, a million times XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back